Happy Easter?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2016, 02:02 AM
Happy Easter?
Would you wish Christian relatives a 'Happy Easter' or rather stay quiet unless they mentioned it to you?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2016, 02:07 AM
RE: Happy Easter?
Why wouldn't you?
Just because you don't believe in Jebus doesn't mean that Easter isn't real. Easter is a real holiday so saying Happy Easter is hardly forcing you to go to church and repent your sins.
Just because you're an Atheist doesn't mean you need to be a cunt. If we expect Islam to not kill all infidels, even though that's against their religion, we can damn well say happy Easter.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
27-03-2016, 02:07 AM
I don't bother. In fact nobody in my home cares.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
27-03-2016, 02:14 AM
If sonme wishes me the best for the festive season I offer pleasantries back.

If I'm more familiar with said person I might make a 'Funny' such as replying with,

"Happy nail-up day" Big Grin !
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
27-03-2016, 02:22 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2016 02:31 AM by doggers.)
(27-03-2016 02:07 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why wouldn't you?
Just because you don't believe in Jebus doesn't mean that Easter isn't real. Easter is a real holiday so saying Happy Easter is hardly forcing you to go to church and repent your sins.
Just because you're an Atheist doesn't mean you need to be a cunt. If we expect Islam to not kill all infidels, even though that's against their religion, we can damn well say happy Easter.

Reasons I would: Because I'm not a cunt and I acknowledge that this is an important day of celebration for them.

Reasons I wouldn't: Because I usually avoid any conversation about religion with them, and I am concerned that if I show consideration to their beliefs it will encourage them to continue on their crusade to 'save us'.
[+] 2 users Like doggers's post
27-03-2016, 03:21 AM
I'm an atheist, but not anti-religious. I wish people Happy Easter or Merry Christmas.

Walking every week in the Peak District National Park: http://peakwalking.blogspot.com
27-03-2016, 05:54 AM
(27-03-2016 02:14 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  If sonme wishes me the best for the festive season I offer pleasantries back.

If I'm more familiar with said person I might make a 'Funny' such as replying with,

"Happy nail-up day" Big Grin !

That was Friday.

Today is Rock 'n Roll Day. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
27-03-2016, 06:25 AM

Earmuffs arguing for not being an asshole?
Consider

I don't know what is real any more...
Weeping

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
27-03-2016, 06:27 AM

Please tell me the real EM's is not tied up in a basement somewhere awaiting the woodchopper???? Gasp

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
27-03-2016, 07:34 AM
I say Happy Easter to those who celebrate it. I would rather say Happy Zombie Jesus Day, but I don't think some of my religious friends and family would appreciate that Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post