Happy Flightless Bird Genocide Everybody!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2013, 10:12 AM
RE: Happy Flightless Bird Genocide Everybody!
(28-11-2013 10:05 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Oh and I'm sure you guys have bad feelings about the native peoples you driven out tooTongue We won, they lost. Get over it. Drinking Beverage
Thanksgiving changed like many traditions often do. Now its a secular holiday about family and togetherness with a huge meal, and football apparently. The holiday is what you make it.

Well, don't leave out that all important Thanksgiving prayer. For some, the only one they'll say all year.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
28-11-2013, 10:15 AM
(28-11-2013 09:56 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Now I feel guilty for buying that turkey I just stuck in the oven.

You can invest in a free range one next time - they still have to be put down before they reach a year's age, but they at least will have had some sort of bearable life.

I wish breeders would outcross with wild turkeys periodically, it would make the animal weigh a bit less, the bone structure would improve and the flavor would be a lot better too.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
28-11-2013, 10:17 AM
(28-11-2013 10:12 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(28-11-2013 10:05 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Oh and I'm sure you guys have bad feelings about the native peoples you driven out tooTongue We won, they lost. Get over it. Drinking Beverage
Thanksgiving changed like many traditions often do. Now its a secular holiday about family and togetherness with a huge meal, and football apparently. The holiday is what you make it.

Well, don't leave out that all important Thanksgiving prayer. For some, the only one they'll say all year.
"Its what you make it." If you want to go ahead, when I hear it it doesn't spoil my dinner. My family its just giving thanks with a "amen" at the end its not a specific prayer the lead recites.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
28-11-2013, 11:26 AM
(28-11-2013 10:17 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(28-11-2013 10:12 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Well, don't leave out that all important Thanksgiving prayer. For some, the only one they'll say all year.
"Its what you make it." If you want to go ahead, when I hear it it doesn't spoil my dinner. My family its just giving thanks with a "amen" at the end its not a specific prayer the lead recites.

Oh I know. I was just generalizing.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
28-11-2013, 12:42 PM
(28-11-2013 07:04 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(28-11-2013 03:41 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  For a moment I thought you were talking about killing penguins.

I like penguins

Turkey's aren't that exciting.

Have a great day tho!

Penguins are assholes, Moms.

Meh -- they're still adorable. I don't care.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

28-11-2013, 12:57 PM
(28-11-2013 09:41 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I wonder what penguin tastes like...

Consider

Probably tastes just like chicken. ... Or maybe they're more gamey, like ducks. They'd probably taste rather fowl. Dodgy

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 2 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
28-11-2013, 02:29 PM
(28-11-2013 09:50 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(28-11-2013 08:08 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  So... what you're saying is; We need to completely wipe them off the face of the earth for their own benefit and try again? That's the vibe I'm getting.

I am not aware of having said anything of the sort. I merely presented facts, not opinions.

If you want my opinion - what we have done to human engineered turkeys is disgusting and inhumane. But we don't eat the bones, so we are not concerned if they can maintain the structure that holds up the animal. The less bone, the better.

I'd like to see what would happen if the human skeleton collapsed out from under us when we try to walk.

The real turkeys, the ones that evolved without human intervention, are just fine and they can fly just fine. And they are well adapted and smart, and they are not going extinct.

Dodgy

Let's just get rid of the man-made turkeys and start again! We clearly did not do a good enough job the first time around, and now that we have better understanding of genetics; we should try again to build fatter, but better lived food-turkeys.
No?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Why grow living turkeys at all? We can just culture turkey meat.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
28-11-2013, 10:48 PM
(28-11-2013 10:12 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  

Hey now, that's not fair!

There's Christmas too...

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
28-11-2013, 11:01 PM
Happy Thanksgiving America!

[Image: ScreenShot2013-11-07at60120PM_zps66e5e63b.png]
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post