Happy Flightless Bird Genocide Everybody!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2013, 08:03 AM
RE: Happy Flightless Bird Genocide Everybody!
(29-11-2013 07:48 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 04:23 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fair enough, but I fail to see how growing meat in a lab is any creepier than the (quite frankly) inhumane things we do to animals to support our meat eating habits. Now wait, I'm not one of those PETA fucktards who firebombs research labs (I prefer the ASPCA personally). But if given the option to have the meat without the animal suffering, I'd take it.

We'd still need to control to food-animals populations to prevent them from becoming pests to surrounding ecology.

We need to start doing that with ourselves, like immediately.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
29-11-2013, 08:12 AM
(29-11-2013 07:53 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(28-11-2013 02:29 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Dodgy

Let's just get rid of the man-made turkeys and start again! We clearly did not do a good enough job the first time around, and now that we have better understanding of genetics; we should try again to build fatter, but better lived food-turkeys.
No?

Just outcrossing would improve things immensely.

It's a profit thing - the breast has to be as big as can be. (where did I hear that before? Tongue) The bones should be lightweight and thin. That makes for the most profit. People think the bird is "plump".

Trouble is, such an animal is only temporarily viable. As soon as the giant breast fills in, the skeleton collapses.

If breeders would take a small financial hit and outcross periodically, a better structured bird would result. And I bet there would be a niche market for it right away. In time, the improved flavor would draw more and more buyers. If you like turkey gravy, you would totally appreciate having wild birds crossed in. Flavors are getting more and more bland.

I don't know a lot about farming animals, but breeding for more flavor sounds good to me Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
29-11-2013, 08:55 AM
(29-11-2013 08:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 07:48 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  We'd still need to control to food-animals populations to prevent them from becoming pests to surrounding ecology.

We need to start doing that with ourselves, like immediately.

We need a good ol' World War and followed by a big, ol' Pandemic.
... What? It'd work. It's not the best solution, but it's a solution.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
29-11-2013, 09:05 AM
(29-11-2013 08:55 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 08:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  We need to start doing that with ourselves, like immediately.

We need a good ol' World War and followed by a big, ol' Pandemic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of...ld_War_III

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
29-11-2013, 09:58 AM
(29-11-2013 04:23 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 01:11 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Being a robot doesn't creep me out, but this for some reason creeps me out.

(29-11-2013 01:50 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  But Replicators wouldn't cultivate the meat; they'd take energy and create the meat; no growth.

Fair enough, but I fail to see how growing meat in a lab is any creepier than the (quite frankly) inhumane things we do to animals to support our meat eating habits.

Nor do I my dear, nor do I.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
29-11-2013, 10:23 AM
(29-11-2013 09:05 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 08:55 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  We need a good ol' World War and followed by a big, ol' Pandemic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of...ld_War_III

YOU FUCKING BASTARD! An hour of my life gone reading Star Trek shit. I have a good mind to go watch every episode of the TOS, Next Gen, nearly all of DS9 and maybe a little Voyager...

I'll see you all in a month. Dodgy

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-11-2013, 10:25 AM
(29-11-2013 10:23 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 09:05 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of...ld_War_III

YOU FUCKING BASTARD! An hour of my life gone reading Star Trek shit. I have a good mind to go watch every episode of the TOS, Next Gen, nearly all of DS9 and maybe a little Voyager...

Weeping Sorry Moms

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
29-11-2013, 10:27 AM
(29-11-2013 10:25 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 10:23 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  YOU FUCKING BASTARD! An hour of my life gone reading Star Trek shit. I have a good mind to go watch every episode of the TOS, Next Gen, nearly all of DS9 and maybe a little Voyager...

Weeping Sorry Moms

I'm keeping an (informal) eye on you...You watch your P's and Q's mister.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

29-11-2013, 10:48 AM
I had an awesome Thanksgivukkah with some good friends! I hope you all had a great time doing whatever you did. Happy Holidays!

*oh and boo to the grown turkeys. We had beef brisket.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
29-11-2013, 01:09 PM
This is the true meaning of Thanksgiving:

The part of chashing your grandchildren around the house is very important.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post