Happy Holidays: A Merry Mafia XVIII

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-11-2013, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2013 01:07 PM by Ferdinand.)
Happy Holidays: A Merry Mafia XVIII
[Image: 30.png]

Intro:
Ho ho ho! Christmas is in the air, and the holiday spirit has everyone very excited. The sound of carols stroll the streets of the town, the smell of cinnamon and peppermint float in and out of stores. Bells jingle, and people rush to buy the last of all the wrapping paper. The snowy season has accomplished spreading joy and putting almost everyone in a good mood. However, behind a dark ally corner, there lies a group of scum, grimacing at a lovely Holiday that cannot make them happy.

Mafia:
HughsieJack Frost – Jack is the spirit of winter and cold, and though he is typically happy and carefree, he can be quite mischievous and dangerous sometimes...
Godfather
Commuter: as a spirit, Jack has the option to return to the spirit world on the nights of his choice; therefore, night actions cannot affect him. However, he cannot leave town consecutive nights. He can still submit the Mafia kill, but he cannot be the member to commit the kill.

cjlrGrinch – The Grinch is cold and heartless, and even more scornful whenever Christmas kicks in...
Terrorist: can kill another player during the Day in exchange for killing themselves at the same time (one time use)

earmuffsEbenezer Scrooge – A cold hearted, grumpy, greedy man who despises Christmas...
Roleblocker: chooses one player per Night to block from performing his or her night action.

Townie:
CheetorySaint Nicholas – A bishop who began the act of secret gift giving, and became the model for Santa Claus, he enjoys spreading joy.
Cop: He knows who's been naughty or nice; (meaning) He can investigate players at Night to learn their faction (Town or Mafia)

Revenant77xSanta Claus – A jolly, old, fat man who looks up to Saint Nicholas; he makes presents for all of the good boys and girls in the world.
Lover: He knows who Mrs. Claus is. If Mrs. Claus dies, Santa dies of a broken heart the following day.

SmoothcriminalMrs. Claus – The wife of Santa, she enjoys making cookies for the elves and assisting in the preparation of toys.
Lover: She knows who Santa Claus is. If Santa Claus dies, Mrs. Claus dies of a broken heart the following day.

Dark LightSnow Miser – despised by and second to Jack Frost, he controls cold weather all over the Earth. Although enemies to one another, in times of need he and his brother actually get along.
Brother: is aware of who Heat Miser is.
Watcher: learns who targeted a player, but not what actions were performed on them.

Lady JaneHeat Miser – Ogre-ish and demon-like, he controls warm weather all over the Earth. Although enemies to one another, in times of need he and his brother actually get along.
Brother: is aware of who Snow Miser is.
Tracker: learns who a player targeted, but not what action that player performed.

Nach_inWinter Warlock – Called "Winter" for short, he was once a magical villain. Now, he uses his magic to help with preparations of the holidays.
Doctor: targets a player at Night to protect that player from a kill made during that Night.

Tartarus SauceMr. Jingeling – The keeper of Santa's workshop keys.
Jailer: Can jail one player per night. Jailing prevents player from successfully submitting a night action, but also prevents any other night actions from affecting them as well.

Vanilla Townies have no abilities, but their votes still count!

TheGulegonFrosty the Snowman – A magical snowman created by children, he was brought to life by the means of a black top hat.

SmercuryRudolph the Reindeer – Santa's 9th reindeer, Rudolph has a glowing red nose for which he uses to help lead Santa's sleigh.

LightvaderBaby Jesus – A small baby born on Christmas. Like most babies, he is cute, chubby, and he smells like baby powder and poop.

KidCharlemagne1962Tiny Tim Cratchit – A sickly, crippled, little boy who walks with a crutch.

Freelancer:
VosurThe Abominable Snow Monster of the North – He hates Christmas, has razor sharp teeth, and eats almost anything.
– ??? Be careful...

How to play:
The idea of the game is that out of all of the players playing, a small group are actually scum. The goal of the Mafia is to blend in with the Townies, so that they can bring the town down. Mafia win when all Townies are dead. The goal of the Townies are to rat out the Mafia. Townies win when no Mafia remain.

During the Day, everyone can post suspicions, accusations and banter on the board. By the end of a Day phase, all players must vote to lynch a player of their choice (based on suspicions or accusations) or lynch no one. After the lynching, the phase switches to Night. The Mafia scheme among themselves and choose one player of their choice to kill. Some Townies have night actions of their own. Those that don't simply wait throughout the Night until Day Phase commences.

Rules:
1. No print screening of any form. Violation will forfeit you from the game.
2. Skype is allowed and encouraged.
3. Phases last 12 hours long; 10am to 10pm EST (3am/pm GMT) Due to incidences in past games, they do not end earlier because of all night actions being sent in/majority vote.
4. A majority vote is not required. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes is lynched.
5. Board banter is strongly encouraged.
6. Night banter is allowed.
7. Dead players are not allowed to interfere with the game or share information once they have died/lost. They can spectate, but cannot contribute, even in private.
8. My word is law, but I embrace loopholes. If you find them, ask me about them before you proceed.

If you have any questions about the game or your role, PM me. I'll be glad to help. Merry Mafia!

Players:
Hughsie
Cheetory6
Revenant77x
TheGulegon
LadyJane
nach_in
Smercury44
earmuffs
Vosur
KidCharlemagne1962
Dark Light
smoothcriminal
cjlr
Lightvader
Tartarus Sauce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2013, 08:02 PM
RE: Happy Holidays: A Merry Mafia XVIII
Sign me up bitch!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
14-11-2013, 08:03 PM
/in
Man, no references to Hannukkah or any other kind of winter holiday. This is just so culturally insensitive guys.
14-11-2013, 08:04 PM
(14-11-2013 08:03 PM)Cheetory6 Wrote:  /in
Man, no references to Hannukkah or any other kind of winter holiday. This is just so culturally insensitive guys.

I went with the most recognizable holiday characters. I'm not very familiar with Kwanzaa Man.

Big Grin
14-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Baby Jesus has no secret magic powers??? It's like a deconversion all over again. Weeping
14-11-2013, 08:10 PM
I'm in

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
14-11-2013, 08:13 PM
(14-11-2013 08:09 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Baby Jesus has no secret magic powers??? It's like a deconversion all over again. Weeping

The worst part is that I might have to write about a baby dying. Then I'll feel awful. Weeping

Are you playing, LJ? Big Grin
14-11-2013, 08:16 PM
day phase from 12am-12pm and then night phase 12pm-12am, right? If so, I can't play Sad I'd miss all day phases

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
14-11-2013, 08:18 PM
(14-11-2013 08:16 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  day phase from 12am-12pm and then night phase 12pm-12am, right? If so, I can't play Sad I'd miss all day phases

Actually it's the reverse.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
14-11-2013, 08:19 PM
(14-11-2013 08:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 08:16 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  day phase from 12am-12pm and then night phase 12pm-12am, right? If so, I can't play Sad I'd miss all day phases

Actually it's the reverse.

Dang, then I'd miss all the night phases, either way no game play for me, have fun everyone!! Smile

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta