Happy Holidays: A Merry Mafia XVIII

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-11-2013, 07:50 PM
RE: Happy Holidays: A Merry Mafia XVIII
I can vouch for the strategy, but not the person.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Will the players who allegedly know Rev's role please come forward to confirm it publicly? Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
18-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Well this is already a mess... just like family at any holiday event, in true fashion. Weeping
[+] 7 users Like LadyJane's post
18-11-2013, 07:56 PM
(18-11-2013 07:53 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Well this is already a mess... just like family at any holiday event, in true fashion. Weeping

We are one big family in our own fucked up way right Smile

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
18-11-2013, 08:00 PM
(18-11-2013 07:34 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Please do NOT reply to The Gulegan's mass PM!

If The Gulegan is mafia he will know who has a power role and who is a VT based on whether you say yes or no and whether you reveal or not. Just do NOT respond. Make your decision to reveal or not.

I can only assume that it is the civic duty, of all townies, to find and eradicate scum! I'm just trying to do my job!

I mean it IS important that the townies win, right, DL?

No one was going to respond, anyway Sadcryface
18-11-2013, 08:07 PM
(18-11-2013 08:00 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(18-11-2013 07:34 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Please do NOT reply to The Gulegan's mass PM!

If The Gulegan is mafia he will know who has a power role and who is a VT based on whether you say yes or no and whether you reveal or not. Just do NOT respond. Make your decision to reveal or not.

I can only assume that it is the civic duty, of all townies, to find and eradicate scum! I'm just trying to do my job!

Fine, but what was the point of sending it in a PM instead of on the board?

18-11-2013, 08:09 PM
(18-11-2013 07:22 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-11-2013 07:18 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Why would rev want her to publicly roleclaim on the first day?

Because it gives the mafia less chance to false claim. Vanilla's are low priority targets so publicly claiming does not put them in jeopardy and gives the town someone in which to base trust.

it also makes a path for mafia to atack non-vanilla

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
18-11-2013, 08:15 PM
(18-11-2013 08:09 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(18-11-2013 07:22 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Because it gives the mafia less chance to false claim. Vanilla's are low priority targets so publicly claiming does not put them in jeopardy and gives the town someone in which to base trust.

it also makes a path for mafia to atack non-vanilla

This is a zero-sum game every action is risk vs reward. After 1 person publicly reveals to be vanilla townies know they can trust someone. It is worth the increased risk to active roles to have that focal point.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-11-2013, 08:16 PM
You didn't ask one person to role claim, you asked ALL the vanilla townies to role claim.

And I don't see you stepping up and role claiming...
Easy to sit back and let others take the risk.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
18-11-2013, 08:16 PM
(18-11-2013 08:07 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(18-11-2013 08:00 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I can only assume that it is the civic duty, of all townies, to find and eradicate scum! I'm just trying to do my job!

Fine, but what was the point of sending it in a PM instead of on the board?

To see what explanations I was given before any good, or bogus, reasons for doing so were made public in the thread. If only to try and do some figuring of my own. See if any private claims wavered -vs- what was posted here. But I'm not a detective, so maybe it wouldn't have worked, ....or helped anyway Undecided
I'm n00b Sad