Happy Holidays: A Merry Mafia XVIII

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-11-2013, 08:22 PM
RE: Happy Holidays: A Merry Mafia XVIII
(18-11-2013 08:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You didn't ask one person to role claim, you asked ALL the vanilla townies to role claim.

And I don't see you stepping up and role claiming...
Easy to sit back and let others take the risk.

(18-11-2013 07:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  If you are a vanilla townie please publicly claim your role.

I did not ask all vanillas to claim but I can see where you would get that impression. At this point I have explained the risk/reward several times and considering it is a townie advantage tactic a mafia would never try to put someone else in charge of an alliance. I am fine getting no info on who other people are as long as we have someone with the info.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Why not? Mafia as a leader of an alliance would be a perfect position for them.
People give you their roles and you know exactly who everyone is, than you claim to be someone who's not already apart of your little circle jerk.
You than have 1 or more mafia with a bunch of townie lap dogs. It's a brilliant mafia strategy.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
18-11-2013, 08:28 PM
And why not get one of your alliance members to publicly role claim if you're not willing to take on the risk that you want others to take on.
Is it because these other 1 or 2 people happen to be mafia and you don't want to put the risk on them either??

18-11-2013, 08:31 PM
(18-11-2013 08:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why not? Mafia as a leader of an alliance would be a perfect position for them.
People give you their roles and you know exactly who everyone is, than you claim to be someone who's not already apart of your little circle jerk.
You than have 1 or more mafia with a bunch of townie lap dogs. It's a brilliant mafia strategy.

Yes which is why I don't want any info from the alliance. I am usually an early target so I am just trying to set up a town win before I am offed. Once someone comes forward and is not challenged I will share what I know and recommend all other townies do the same. Any time the town organizes early with public roles posted the town has always won.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-11-2013, 08:34 PM
So what?
Someone comes forward, unchallenged, you than approach them wearing dark shades and trench coat and offer them up some information "I'm XXX, you can trust me" in a PM (which isn't public and can't be challenged) and they're just suppose to take your word on it???

And suppose they do take your word on it, what than? The mafia now have a lap dog townie and increase their voting numbers...

18-11-2013, 08:36 PM
(18-11-2013 08:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So what?
Someone comes forward, unchallenged, you than approach them wearing dark shades and trench coat and offer them up some information "I'm XXX, you can trust me" in a PM (which isn't public and can't be challenged) and they're just suppose to take your word on it???

And suppose they do take your word on it, what than? The mafia now have a lap dog townie and increase their voting numbers...

you are starting to sound very scummy. If everyone approaches this person and we get conflicting role claims that narrows down who the mafia is.

18-11-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm sounding scummy? Coming from a guy making shady deals with 1 or 2 people... and requesting that all vanilla townies come forward...
And I'm sounding scummy?

That was a rhetorical question by the way.

I'm trying to understand why you and a group of 1 or 2 people want everyone else to role claim while you 3 do not...

18-11-2013, 08:45 PM
And wait, are you saying that these other two people just happen have no idea of your role?
Isn't that decidedly convenient for you.. That these two people cannot confirm nor deny your role...

I wonder why that is.. maybe it's because your scum and it's an excuse to not have to role claim?

18-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Ok,i see both points. And you're message really implies that all vanilla should claim,rev. Lets say some vanilla would roleclaim and ask for others to claim a role via pm. And then would post something like "some1 claimed role a. If you're role a,please pm me if you didnt claim any role yet.".
If multiple chars would claim one role,one gets investigated provided the cop is found already. If no cop is found yet,both get marked suspicious till the cop is found to investigate. The person who started the alliance will not tell the alledged cop what the target roleclaimed and will warn the target to not respond to the alledged cop.
What flaws do you see with that?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
18-11-2013, 08:47 PM
muffs, please review some the games that have used this strategy before to understand it. The Shakespeare Game is an excellent example. His strategy is sound for a townie. It has gotten a townie victory 2 or 3 times.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post