Happy Holidays: A Merry Mafia XVIII

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-11-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: Happy Holidays: A Merry Mafia XVIII
Also,the watcher is basically a stronger version of the tracker? Watcher sees all targets of non-vanillas,while the watcher sees the one of who he targets?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2013, 09:47 PM
(18-11-2013 09:25 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Also,the watcher is basically a stronger version of the tracker? Watcher sees all targets of non-vanillas,while the watcher sees the one of who he targets?

No they complement each other. The tracker learns WHOM a person targets; the watcher learns WHO targets a person. Trackers track the agents; watchers watch the receivers. There is no "I see whom every non-vanilla has targeted" anywhere in the equation, trackers and watchers can only target one person at a time.

[Image: giphy.gif]
18-11-2013, 10:01 PM
I don't trust:
Rev, and Gule.

I kinda trust:
Tartarus and Lightvader.

If someone's gonna counterclaim Lightvader, do it sooner rather than later. Based on previous experiences in other games (with open set-up D1 claims like this) and because mafia only has three members and are extremely vulnerable to counterclaims, this is probably a legit claim. I would personally recommend against claiming to Lightvader/giving him information until tomorrow just in case he is trying to pull a fast one on us here, but my gut says that he's telling the truth at the moment.
[+] 1 user Likes Cheetory6's post
18-11-2013, 10:06 PM
(18-11-2013 10:01 PM)Cheetory6 Wrote:  I don't trust:
Rev, and Gule.

I kinda trust:
Tartarus and Lightvader.

If someone's gonna counterclaim Lightvader, do it sooner rather than later. Based on previous experiences in other games (with open set-up D1 claims like this) and because mafia only has three members and are extremely vulnerable to counterclaims, this is probably a legit claim. I would personally recommend against claiming to Lightvader/giving him information until tomorrow just in case he is trying to pull a fast one on us here, but my gut says that he's telling the truth at the moment.

I recommend the same thing. I also advise Lightvader to be wary of anyone wanting to know too much info. Without a framer or a mole the cop role will be very valuable so my recommendation is to check out Lightvader tonight so that tomorrow we know for sure he is telling the truth.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-11-2013, 10:16 PM
(18-11-2013 10:01 PM)Cheetory6 Wrote:  I don't trust:
Rev, and Gule.

I kinda trust:
Tartarus and Lightvader.

*Warning!! Self-Deprecating Humor*
I've got Shifty Eye Syndrome, dude! I can't help it Sadcryface
I can't help it Weeping
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
18-11-2013, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2013 10:33 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
Since everybody seems to want to know, I am one of the people that Rev has role-revealed to.

(18-11-2013 09:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I am quite happy to sit back and let someone else lead the group.

Having had 4 out of 5 of my wins just plop into my lap with little effort on my part, I've decided to switch it up this game.

I am the Jailkeeper, Mr. Jingeling.

The reason I am publicly revealing my role is because I feel like I am the most expendable of the townie power roles. The Jailer can't really put much of a dent on the mafia; the Godfather is immune to night actions and the Terrorist possess a day action, therefore, I could really only hinder the Roleblocker. Sure, I could also prevent a mafia member from committing a night kill, but the Godfather could just select the other one to do it instead. In addition, I hinder the other power roles since I also prevent them from submitting a night action while protecting them, making the doctor more useful for that role instead of me.

Since both Lightvader and I have role revealed, I would urge no other vanilla townies to do so for now, for we don't want the mafia having the roles narrowed down too much.

To wrap things up:

1. I will be surprised to see any other people claim to be jailkeeper, for it is one of the least safe roles for a mafia player to parade behind.
2. Feel free to PM me your roles if you are comfortable. I will not share WITH ANYONE your role until enough time has passed and steady alliances have been built.
3. Don't PM me requesting that I jail you for the night. I already have a set task for this game.

[Image: giphy.gif]
18-11-2013, 11:00 PM
The townies gathered about on the first day and immediately began arguing and jumping to conclusions. Nothing horrid in the town had happened but evil was thick in the air. Throwing one another under the bus, the townies cried out the names of their fellow folk.

“Dark Light is filthy!”

“Kill the cat!”

“Revenant always seemed scummy!”

“No, everyone just calm down!” a citizen calmed the crowd and gave a speech. “We shouldn't jump to conclusions yet. Everything will be fine! It's Christmas!”

The town all agreed it was irrational to lynch anyone. The crowd departed and everyone went home.

Day Phase #1 has ended. No one was lynched.

Night Phase #1 has begun. Send in your Night Actions.
[+] 4 users Like Ferdinand's post
19-11-2013, 03:15 AM
All is airy and silent, the wind gently blowing the winter (or summer in the case of our southern hemisphere friends) breeze in through the cracks in your bedroom window.
BOO!
Who's there?
Don't be afraid, it is just I, the creepy voice in your head being a dick.

Sorry I'll shut up and leave the story telling to ferdy.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
19-11-2013, 03:19 AM
(19-11-2013 03:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  All is airy and silent, the wind gently blowing the winter (or summer in the case of our southern hemisphere friends) breeze in through the cracks in your bedroom window.
BOO!
Who's there?
Don't be afraid, it is just I, the creepy voice in your head being a dick.

Sorry I'll shut up and leave the story telling to ferdy.

Good, cause you suck. Stick to the song parodies. Tongue

19-11-2013, 05:44 AM
Alright damn it I will.

Here, I made this one just for you DL.
It's to the theme of Africa by Toto.
It's about hillbilly shotgun weddings.

'Merica

I hear the wolves howling in the night
But she hears only bickering of some wedding negotiation
She's dressing up for a wedding tonight
Her Daddy's shotgun reflect the stars that guide me towards annexation
I stopped an old man along the way
Hoping to find some old forgotten words or ancient melodies
He turned to me as if to say: "Hurry boy, they're waiting there for you"

[Chorus:]
It's gonna take a lot to drag me anywhere near you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I hope it rains tonight in 'Mercia
Gonna need some time to renegotiate that deal with your Dad.

The wild hog crys out in the night
As she grows restless longing for her soon to be husband's company
I know that I must flee tonight
Sure as moonshine goes down well with beans and spaghetti (yea I didn't know what to put here, so sue me)
I seek to crawl deep down inside, frightened of this thing that you've become

[Repeat chorus]

[Instrumental break]

Hurry boy, she's waiting there for you

[Repeat chorus]

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post