Happy Holidays: A Merry Mafia XVIII

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
21-11-2013, 06:19 PM
RE: Happy Holidays: A Merry Mafia XVIII
(21-11-2013 05:09 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Ah well, I gave it my best. Guess I'm dead beyond dead at this point and, with four hours to go and me feeling rather tired (work all day), I may as well accept what's coming to me.

One final request though, if you have a spare day phase can you all lynch Lightvader? I have nothing against him (I actually quite like the little bastard), I think he said he was Baby Jesus though and Ferdy said pre-game she would feel awful writing a lynch for a baby and well, I'm twisted like that. Big Grin

Snow Monster out.

lynch : hughsie!

Now,shoo. I got to make the diapers dirty and i am training to burn my face on toasts Drinking Beverage

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2013, 06:21 PM
(21-11-2013 06:19 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Now,shoo. I got to make the diapers dirty and i am training to burn my face on toasts Drinking Beverage

Mmmm toasted baby Jesus face.... The rarest of atheist delicacies

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
21-11-2013, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2013 08:35 PM by Ferdinand.)
Ending the phase early because 1.) I'm exhausted and 2.) it's been an hour or more since the newest post in this thread, so I don't think it will affect anything.

Completely outraged by the number of deaths, the crowd completely cornered Hughsie. His back against the brick wall of a building, town members began beating him. Lightvader headbutted him in the shin, Cheetory drop kicked him to the ground, and Lady Jane proceeded to fracture his arm. The crowd dragged the man to the gallows, placed the rope around his head, and pulled the lever to let him fall full force.

(...yeah... I was bored... and it's Hughsie's death so...)

Hughsie has been lynched. He was Jack Frost, the Godfather and Commuter.

Day phase #4 has ended.

Night phase #5 has begun.

OP has been updated.
21-11-2013, 08:10 PM
(21-11-2013 08:06 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Hughsie has been lynched. He was Jack Frost, the Godfather and Commuter.
Lol. Dat last attempt at tricking us. I hope the snowman's nightkill is every other night :3
21-11-2013, 08:13 PM
(20-11-2013 09:58 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(20-11-2013 09:06 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Can someone explain to me why nach in was lynched despite having only a single vote?

We're not playing by majority vote. We're playing by plurality vote (If one player has 3 votes to get lynched, and no other votes are cast, that player is lynched by default of having votes)

(20-11-2013 09:05 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Kind of a douchy out-of-the-ass rule if you ask me... anyway... I'm dead now... boooo

(20-11-2013 09:10 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I call BS.

(20-11-2013 09:20 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I have to say this is the single worst ruling I have seen in these games. Either you make 2 posts or you count Thegulegons vote cause he was still alive at 10.

I think I'll step in to clarify on some of the things that happened, considering I've been harassed and criticized about it.

There were 7 votes to lynch cjlr. However, cjlr was the terrorist. He could sacrifice himself to kill another player. Cjlr sent in his action to me at 9:56, four minutes before the phase deadline. Because cjlr killed himself, he could not be lynched. Therefore, the votes to lynch him were no longer counted. However, a lynch was still possible because there were existing votes for other players (see my response to Dark Light above.) There was 1 vote for Nach and 1 vote for Hughsie.

Earlier in the phase, Nach had voted to lynch Hughsie. Afterward, Hughsie voted to lynch Nach. Later in the phase, Nach changed his vote to lynch cjlr. His vote was permanently changed (his vote for Hughsie was not counted, because it was a vote he had changed.)

In past mafia games when a tie would have happened, the first vote(s) cast would be the first counted.

I was told that if I would have made separate entries for this situation, the situation would have been okay. However, I did not have the time to post separate posts on the actions that happened. Cjlr sent in his action at 9:56, literally four minutes before the phase's deadline. I had less than four minutes to finish typing the original entry, and to add the actions of cjlr to the entry as well. So instead, I put the entire entry in chronological order; in the order that it all happened, based on cjlr's action.

Regardless, I don't really see the difference in posting separate entries. The same events would have happened, in less than 4 minutes (there was only a minute or so remaining once I had finished the entry) and the chances of someone changing their vote almost immediately weren't very likely. Even if two entries would have been posted, I still probably would have gotten the same responses from players.

I didn't think to put the tie-vote rule in the OP because it's rarely happened in games. It's almost happened in a couple, and from observing those games, I made my decision in this game.

I can't really stress how much it means to make a game and host it. I even began hosting this game without any sleep, because of how tight my school schedule has been. However, I don't think I will be hosting another game once this one ends. In both Mafia games I've hosted, I've been criticized and received really mean PM's from people. It's all just really uncalled for, and I could do without it.

However, for the players that have/are enjoying this game, continue if you'd like to. For those that think my ruling was shitty, I apologize.

I'm sorry you have to deal with dumb ass people getting all butt hurt over a game yeah, people it's just a game! quit ruining it for everybody else who is actually enjoying it..Ferdi please don't stop making mafia games.

[+] 3 users Like smoothcriminal's post
21-11-2013, 08:15 PM
(21-11-2013 08:06 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  the crowd completely corned Hughsie.

[Image: 800_children_of_the_corn_blu-ray_7.jpg]

Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
21-11-2013, 08:16 PM
Oh, well.

We still got most of you. So there's that.

Tongue

... this is my signature!
21-11-2013, 08:35 PM
(21-11-2013 08:15 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 08:06 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  the crowd completely corned Hughsie.

[Image: 800_children_of_the_corn_blu-ray_7.jpg]

Big Grin

I hate myself Weeping
21-11-2013, 09:22 PM
(21-11-2013 08:35 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 08:15 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  [Image: 800_children_of_the_corn_blu-ray_7.jpg]

Big Grin

I hate myself Weeping

My job here is done.

22-11-2013, 03:04 AM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2013 03:12 AM by earmuffs.)
(21-11-2013 06:02 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 10:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why have you got "loser" by dead people's name?
That's not how the game works. Is that how you lot have been playing???

Factions win or lose regardless if you're dead or not.
If townies win this ALL townies win, regardless of dead or alive.

The only exception is independents who often can only win if they're the only person left and usurpers who fail to usurp the godfather (or godfather if they're usurped).

Bitch out my face. That's how the last few games have been. Survival of the wittiest. Big Grin

[Image: gangsta_youre_doing_it_wrong_6703.jpg]

It does matter. It dictates how people play the game. If people don't want to die then it leaves no room for proper strategy.
Also, knowing what characters are in the game ruins the game. Because you just get "everyone claim their character" and that's instant townie victory... There's no fun/strategy/wit in that. There certainly was the first time it was used, but now it's too easy.
The whole point of characters even in the game is that nobody knows what characters are in the game and so when people claim a certain character people actually have to think about if that person actually is that character or not.

The only reason so many townies in this game are dead is because there's 2 night kills and Cjlr had the day kill thing.

I'm not getting shitty with you, I'm making suggestions for you and others that host next time as to avoid the same problems.
If you wanna talk about people being witty, than purhaps people need to take my suggestions into account when they host games.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post