Happy Holidays: A Merry Mafia XVIII

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-11-2013, 03:46 AM
RE: Happy Holidays: A Merry Mafia XVIII
This is a n00b friendly game,muffs. The whole purpose was to make it easy for noobs

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2013, 04:11 AM
(22-11-2013 03:46 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  This is a n00b friendly game,muffs. The whole purpose was to make it easy for noobs

I don't see how what he is saying (this is a team game not an individual game) has an impact. If anything making it a free-for-all makes it less n00b friendly.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
22-11-2013, 06:07 AM
I was talking about knowing the roles before the game starts. I like it,otherwise the mafia can roleclaim whatever they want

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
22-11-2013, 06:14 AM
(22-11-2013 06:07 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  I was talking about knowing the roles before the game starts. I like it,otherwise the mafia can roleclaim whatever they want

You missunderstand.
Knowing the roles is fine. It's the characters that's the problem.

As long as there's a bunch of vanilla townies people can know what roles are in game (though it's more fun when they don't).

ie: If everyone knows what characters are in the game than townies just request everyone character claim. You than get 6 people who instantly become suspects. Than it's just a matter of lynching them and the cop investigating them. You only need to investigate one as well because then it means the other person instantly is scum.

But if you don't know what characters are in game then if everyone claims characters you have no idea who's scum, for sure. It will certainly give you an idea, might make one or two people really suspicious, but it gives mafia a chance to slip under the radar.
That's the whole point in the game, for the mafia to slip under the radar while the town try to figure out who they are.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
22-11-2013, 06:18 AM
AND it matters that those who are dead are not instantly marked as losers, because it gives absolutely zero incentive for people like the cop to step forward as being the cop.
I sure as fuck wouldn't step forward as the cop knowing there was mafia out there, because it puts a huge target on your back.

The whole team needs to win, regardless of dead or alive.

22-11-2013, 06:18 AM
(22-11-2013 04:11 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 03:46 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  This is a n00b friendly game,muffs. The whole purpose was to make it easy for noobs

I don't see how what he is saying (this is a team game not an individual game) has an impact. If anything making it a free-for-all makes it less n00b friendly.

Oh. I like how everyone suggested the roles and characters to be revealed prior to the game when I was taking suggestions for a noob-friendly game.

And again, I'm having to slam my head against a brick wall. Shy
22-11-2013, 06:21 AM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2013 06:25 AM by TheGulegon.)
Thaaaank you, Ferdi! Shy
For creating/hosting, and taking time out of your day to moderate, a n00b-friendly n00b game for n00bs!
n00b tested, n00b approved Thumbsup
n00b n00b n00b
Tongue
22-11-2013, 06:22 AM
I'm not getting shitty at you Ferdy, jesus.
I'm just making suggestions for future games.

And in my defense, this is not the first time I've made these exact suggestions.

22-11-2013, 06:34 AM
(22-11-2013 06:22 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm not getting shitty at you Ferdy, jesus.
I'm just making suggestions for future games.

And in my defense, this is not the first time I've made these exact suggestions.

Hug
22-11-2013, 06:44 AM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2013 07:50 AM by Hughsie.)
(21-11-2013 08:06 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Ending the phase early because 1.) I'm exhausted and 2.) it's been an hour or more since the newest post in this thread, so I don't think it will affect anything.

Completely outraged by the number of deaths, the crowd completely cornered Hughsie. His back against the brick wall of a building, town members began beating him. Lightvader headbutted him in the shin, Cheetory drop kicked him to the ground, and Lady Jane proceeded to fracture his arm. The crowd dragged the man to the gallows, placed the rope around his head, and pulled the lever to let him fall full force.

(...yeah... I was bored... and it's Hughsie's death so...)

Hughsie has been lynched. He was Jack Frost, the Godfather and Commuter.

Day phase #4 has ended.

Night phase #5 has begun.

OP has been updated.

Thanks for giving me a not totally painful and violent death. Thumbsup

Seriously though, thanks for a great game. Smile Hug

(22-11-2013 03:04 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  [Image: gangsta_youre_doing_it_wrong_6703.jpg]

It does matter. It dictates how people play the game. If people don't want to die then it leaves no room for proper strategy.
Also, knowing what characters are in the game ruins the game. Because you just get "everyone claim their character" and that's instant townie victory... There's no fun/strategy/wit in that. There certainly was the first time it was used, but now it's too easy.
The whole point of characters even in the game is that nobody knows what characters are in the game and so when people claim a certain character people actually have to think about if that person actually is that character or not.

The only reason so many townies in this game are dead is because there's 2 night kills and Cjlr had the day kill thing.

I'm not getting shitty with you, I'm making suggestions for you and others that host next time as to avoid the same problems.
If you wanna talk about people being witty, than purhaps people need to take my suggestions into account when they host games.

I agree that I prefer games where the characters aren't revealed. It defo makes it difficult for mafia when the characters are known and there are a bunch of vanillas (though I did tell Ferdy before the game to weaken the mafia as they were overpowered so that's my bad). It still think this is a great game though.

I've already given out the info for the next game so the characters will be known in that too. There aren't a load of vanillas though so that should impede an early role reveal.

I agree that dead people don't win though, that's life. Research any battle in history, I bet you won't find one where all fallen soldiers come back to life if their side wins. Life's a bitch like that.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.