Happy Holidays: A Merry Mafia XVIII

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-11-2013, 10:37 AM
RE: Happy Holidays: A Merry Mafia XVIII
(22-11-2013 10:29 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Ok,if we roleeclaim,we will find the freelancer methinks

And you are then?? Or are you waiting until some role claim so you can grab the last one and fight to the death?

I am guessing you or Vosur are it, cuz I know the others.

Bad news for townies: I forgot to submit my night action last night, I'm no help there. Weeping Although, a few nights ago Vosur didn't target anyone... but like that means anything.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2013, 12:09 PM
lynch: vosur
22-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Vote: Lynch Vosur

Let's end it already. This was the most boring Mafia game I've ever played. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
22-11-2013, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2013 01:04 PM by Dark Light.)
Don't be such a baby Vosur. I didn't think it was boring.

By the way, I consider myself a winnner, and even offered myself up as a strategy to keep more important roles alive. Tracker and cop was both more valuable. I knew taking out cjlr instead of Hughsie more than likely spelled my doom 'cause Hughsie always has it out for me, but fuck it. As far as I'm concerned townies played an incredible game, mafia played an incredible game (except Hughsie), and Vosur played an incredible game.

Townies were super-organized and a little lucky that all of their blind trust was well placed. Mafia should've joined in with the mass role claim as well.

22-11-2013, 01:01 PM
OP will be updated with roles soon.

Order of night actiosn actions: I did not go with the "Protect/Kill/Investigate" order in this game. If you are killed, your night action does not go through. (e,g. A player is not protected if the doctor dies because there is then no one to protect them.) Past hosts have organized the output of Night Actions differently.

Night 1

Hughsie sends cjlr to kill Tartarus / Tartarus dies
Hughsie commutes / No actions affect him
Earmuffs roleblocks Revenant / Nothing happens
Cheetory investigates Hughsie / Investigation unsuccessful
Tartarus jailed Revenant / Unsuccessful
Nach protects TheGulegon / Gulegon is protected
Vosur targets Revenant / Revenant dies
LadyJane tracks earmuffs / earmuffs targeted Revenant
Dark Light watches LadyJane / No one targeted LJ

Night 2

Dark Light watches himself / targeted by Nach and cjlr
Nach protects Dark Light / Dark Light is protected
Cheetory investigates KidCharlemagne / KidC is Townie
LadyJane tracks Vosur / Vosur targeted no one
Hughsie sends cjlr to kill Dark Light / kill failed

Night 3

Cheetory investigates Smercury / Smercury is Townie
Dark Light watches Lightvader / No one targets Lightvader
Hughsie kills Dark Light / Dark Light dies
Vosur kills KidCharlemagne / KidC dies
LadyJane tracks Smercury / Smercury targets no one

Night 4

Cheetory investigates Lightvader / Lightvader is Townie

Winners:
LadyJane
Cheetory
Lightvader
Smercury

I really enjoy hosting games, but sometimes the criticism is a little too aggressive for me. I'm all open to suggestions, but in the end, I'll pull a Rev and say "My Word is Law" because it is what it is.

All games are different, all hosts are different. The actions of Day 3 seemed confusing and unfair to most (I tried my best to explain what happened, and why exactly it did), but you all have to admit it gave the game a very interesting twist. If not, the game would have ended lynch after lynch, with no bloody battlefield.

Other than that, I think this was a decently good game. I really want to thank Hughsie, Cheetory, and LadyJane for understanding and supporting me throughout this game though. Day three pissed a lot of people off at me, and I understand why it did, but it was nice to have some people backing me up and helping me take the criticism better.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
22-11-2013, 01:17 PM
(22-11-2013 01:01 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  The actions of Day 3 seemed confusing and unfair to most (I tried my best to explain what happened, and why exactly it did), but you all have to admit it gave the game a very interesting twist. If not, the game would have ended lynch after lynch, with no bloody battlefield.

You may understand why it pissed people off but I don't. To me it seemed like the only logical conclusion. And before anyone says that I'm only saying that because I benefited from it I only begun thinking about it because I assumed I was about to be lynched because of it (while nach's vote for me was there I woulda died along with cjlr).

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
22-11-2013, 01:48 PM
I didn't like it because it was unexpected, I guess that's a risk of having a terrorist role, and that's why I said it should be in the rules. Otherwise these things feel awkward.

But I must agree it was a nice twist overall.

The only thing I don't like, and this is not just for Ferdi, is for all the hosts, I think the winners should be by faction, not by last man standing, that encourages team work because we can take some risks for the greater good. If only survivors win, then it feels too random, and the best strategy is not to participate. Just my two cents Smile

PS: @Ferdi, I hope I didn't make you feel bad, you did a good job Wink

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
22-11-2013, 01:51 PM
(22-11-2013 01:01 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  OP will be updated with roles soon.

Order of night actiosn actions: I did not go with the "Protect/Kill/Investigate" order in this game. If you are killed, your night action does not go through. (e,g. A player is not protected if the doctor dies because there is then no one to protect them.) Past hosts have organized the output of Night Actions differently.

Night 1

Hughsie sends cjlr to kill Tartarus / Tartarus dies
Hughsie commutes / No actions affect him
Earmuffs roleblocks Revenant / Nothing happens
Cheetory investigates Hughsie / Investigation unsuccessful
Tartarus jailed Revenant / Unsuccessful
Nach protects TheGulegon / Gulegon is protected
Vosur targets Revenant / Revenant dies
LadyJane tracks earmuffs / earmuffs targeted Revenant
Dark Light watches LadyJane / No one targeted LJ

Night 2

Dark Light watches himself / targeted by Nach and cjlr
Nach protects Dark Light / Dark Light is protected
Cheetory investigates KidCharlemagne / KidC is Townie
LadyJane tracks Vosur / Vosur targeted no one
Hughsie sends cjlr to kill Dark Light / kill failed

Night 3

Cheetory investigates Smercury / Smercury is Townie
Dark Light watches Lightvader / No one targets Lightvader
Hughsie kills Dark Light / Dark Light dies
Vosur kills KidCharlemagne / KidC dies
LadyJane tracks Smercury / Smercury targets no one

Night 4

Cheetory investigates Lightvader / Lightvader is Townie

Winners:
LadyJane
Cheetory
Lightvader
Smercury

I really enjoy hosting games, but sometimes the criticism is a little too aggressive for me. I'm all open to suggestions, but in the end, I'll pull a Rev and say "My Word is Law" because it is what it is.

All games are different, all hosts are different. The actions of Day 3 seemed confusing and unfair to most (I tried my best to explain what happened, and why exactly it did), but you all have to admit it gave the game a very interesting twist. If not, the game would have ended lynch after lynch, with no bloody battlefield.

Other than that, I think this was a decently good game. I really want to thank Hughsie, Cheetory, and LadyJane for understanding and supporting me throughout this game though. Day three pissed a lot of people off at me, and I understand why it did, but it was nice to have some people backing me up and helping me take the criticism better.

I have already told you this privately but since I had said something publicly I will repeat myself. I'm sorry if I upset you as that was never my intent, I was never pissed off at you, I merely disagreed with you. I came off as harsher than I meant to in text (if we had been speaking I think it would have been clearer, tone is everything) You are correct once you make a call (right or wrong) it is how it is but I think you need to be open to constructive criticism without taking it as a personal attack, for me I certainly never meant it to be such.

Anyway it was a good game overall, it was definitely balanced considering the fact that even with a perfect lynch record the town just barely squeaked by using a strategy that decimates the mafia in these kind of game (known role) we got several new people in to try the game out and overall I'd say it was a success.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
22-11-2013, 02:03 PM
(22-11-2013 01:48 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I didn't like it because it was unexpected, I guess that's a risk of having a terrorist role, and that's why I said it should be in the rules. Otherwise these things feel awkward.

But I must agree it was a nice twist overall.

The only thing I don't like, and this is not just for Ferdi, is for all the hosts, I think the winners should be by faction, not by last man standing, that encourages team work because we can take some risks for the greater good. If only survivors win, then it feels too random, and the best strategy is not to participate. Just my two cents Smile

PS: @Ferdi, I hope I didn't make you feel bad, you did a good job Wink

This is the only 'last man standing' game ever, so your criticism is of Ferdi, not any other host. It is supposed to be by faction. That's how I played the game regardless, and I still declare myself a winner.

22-11-2013, 02:15 PM
(22-11-2013 02:03 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  That's how I played the game regardless, and I still declare myself a winner.
You can declare yourself whatever you want; according to Ferdinand's rules you're still as much of a loser as I am. Sleepy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post