Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas..whatever!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2016, 09:58 PM
Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas..whatever!
I need to rant a little.

I'm an atheist and I'm happy to say I celebrate Christmas...but not in the religious way like xtians. (They all seem to have forgot they stole it from the pagans...) anyways Christmas has been the time of the year that most of my family gets together to hangout and eat food and be happy. Isn't that what Christmas or any holiday around this time of the year really is really about?

But if you say "Happy Holidays" you are a fucking asshole, a liberal, an atheist, Hillary supporter whatever the fuck it is. I mean come on..seriously? We can't be nice to each other?

I see it all the time online, especially on Facebook of someone bitching because a cashier said Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas and then say "How dare they say Happy Holidays I'm a Christian!" Blah blah blah..you know how it goes.

I'm like, they are just being nice. They don't know what you celebrate or don't.

I really don't understand relgious people (particularly Christians). Do they think that everyone celebrates Christmas...I mean their particular view of Christmas that is?

You can say Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Festivus or whatever to me and I'll say it back. Doesn't bother me.

I'm an atheist, but I'm no Christian.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like nerwin's post
21-12-2016, 10:33 PM
RE: Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas..whatever!
For me Christmas gives me something to do in the dark winter days and christmas lights light up the night so it's not so damned dreary. The sun goes down at 4:30 in the afternoon where I live but I turn on the christmas lights about 4:00 so I'm not so aware of the winter darkness. I like the bright lights. I guess it's different in the southern hemisphere because it's in the middle of summer. Christmas is a mish-mash of pagan stuff and old Nordic traditions . It has almost nothing to do with Jesus anymore. I might add that I've only been to a church service twice in my life so Christmas never had any religious connection for me.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
21-12-2016, 11:32 PM
RE: Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas..whatever!
I like having a Christmas tree and decorating it with lights. I don't put any religious items on it though. That's the extent of my decorating. I have friends over, we have a nice dinner, some drinks (okay a lot of drinks Tongue) and we exchange presents--but again that's pretty much it.

I usually wish people Happy Holidays and if people don't like it--too freakin' bad. I could have put an atheist hex on you instead Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post