Happy March 1st!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2013, 02:43 AM
RE: Happy March 1st!
(01-03-2013 08:28 PM)smidgen Wrote:  Vera, I can't wait to see any flower pop up. I just want to see some color.
We already have snowdrops, have had them for a while (but I'm not sure they count, being white and all Tongue). Dandelions will be blooming pretty soon, too, just when the grass gets all fresh and "springey" green (I love that green). Daffodils, tulips and hyacinths won't take long, either. And I'm sure there already are crocuses and possibly wild violets (those are really cute). Ah, look at me, rambling about flowers again. I tend to get carried away a bit Blush

[Image: 4488548046_ab3e20f8cd_z.jpg]

But that's the good thing about living so much to south - we may get infernally hot summers, but at least we don't have to wait until May for spring. Count your blessings on by one, I guess (even if you can do it on the fingers of one of your hands Tongue )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2013, 09:24 PM
I love wild flowers. But all I'm seeing around here is dead, brown..... everything.
In just a couple of weeks things will look different.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
02-03-2013, 09:28 PM
[Image: i-ktCK3Dq-M.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes smidgen's post
02-03-2013, 09:33 PM
You guys are soooooo Hemispherist

Dangit! I miss the snowdrops and bluebells

Weeping

02-03-2013, 09:40 PM
(02-03-2013 09:33 PM)DLJ Wrote:  You guys are soooooo Hemispherist

Dangit! I miss the snowdrops and bluebells

Weeping
I'll be sure to post plenty of pictures when they do come up around here. hehehe

03-03-2013, 02:52 AM
(02-03-2013 09:33 PM)DLJ Wrote:  You guys are soooooo Hemispherist
Well, sue me. I love my hemisphere and having four seasons. Life can be way too boring as it is, imagine having only hot and less hot. I love seasons and change and variety, even if deep down nothing really changes (hey, safer that way, anyway). I love waiting for the green to come back, the trees to start blooming, the nightingales to return... (for a full list, see post 69; also, I've really spread myself in that thread... should really learn to keep my mouth shut [Image: LaieA_052.gif])

[Image: lilacs+ludwig+spaeth.jpg]

And I love lilacs, even though I still have quite some time to wait for those.

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
03-03-2013, 04:23 AM
I'll play with you Vera.. although a couple days late..
[Image: martenitsi_small.gif]

also my favorite flower is a Dianthus[Image: DSCF0397.jpg]

I fell in love with them because the jagged edges of the petals, the variety of color.. and the fact that in my mind they kinda look like a flower that can pack a punch.. plus, they are easy to grow in north tx and are in the carnation family..and my mother used to bring me carnations every time I was sick.. so there is an emotional bit to them as well Blush

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 2 users Like k37713's post
03-03-2013, 04:38 AM
(03-03-2013 04:23 AM)k37713 Wrote:  I'll play with you Vera.. although a couple days late..

I fell in love with them because the jagged edges of the petals, the variety of color.. and the fact that in my mind they kinda look like a flower that can pack a punch.. plus, they are easy to grow in north tx and are in the carnation family..and my mother used to bring me carnations every time I was sick.. so there is an emotional bit to them as well Blush
Better late than never, eh? Plus, it's (one of) our national holiday(s) today, so 'tis all good Tongue Thanks.

I love those flowers (never knew they had a separate name, they're called carnations here... well, the Bulgarian for a carnation; funny, useless factoid - before the fall of communism, just about the only type of flower you could buy here, were carnations. We kinda got bored with them. But they are pretty).

Dianthuses (yay! A new word) smell lovely. And are so pretty.

[Image: dianthus.jpg]

03-03-2013, 05:08 AM
(03-03-2013 04:38 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(03-03-2013 04:23 AM)k37713 Wrote:  I'll play with you Vera.. although a couple days late..

Better late than never, eh? Plus, it's (one of) our national holiday(s) today, so 'tis all good Tongue Thanks.

I love those flowers (never knew they had a separate name, they're called carnations here... well, the Bulgarian for a carnation; funny, useless factoid - before the fall of communism, just about the only type of flower you could buy here, were carnations. We kinda got bored with them. But they are pretty).

Dianthuses (yay! A new word) smell lovely. And are so pretty.

[Image: dianthus.jpg]
Carnations are kinda meh flowers here too.. although I have no historical facts about them.. I've just always thought it was because they seem to be the cheapest.. ( never thought to think of why till this moment ) but the cut variety my mother used to buy me all the time looked so completely different that I was surprised they were in the same family (cousins i think..-joke) do you guys also call this a carnation?
[Image: 45018312.jpg]

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 1 user Likes k37713's post
03-03-2013, 05:16 AM
(03-03-2013 05:08 AM)k37713 Wrote:  Carnations are kinda meh flowers here too.. although I have no historical facts about them.. I've just always thought it was because they seem to be the cheapest.. ( never thought to think of why till this moment ) but the cut variety my mother used to buy me all the time looked so completely different that I was surprised they were in the same family (cousins i think..-joke) do you guys also call this a carnation?
[Image: 45018312.jpg]

Yeah, those are the ones. I guess they might be cheaper to grow or something, but they are beautiful, esp. some colours. I love the two-coloured ones (but I'm very easy to please when it comes to flowers Tongue )

[Image: carnations-purple-white.jpg]