Happy March 1st!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2017, 11:07 AM
RE: Happy March 1st!
(28-02-2013 05:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-02-2013 03:45 PM)Vera Wrote:  While I'm not a huge fan of traditions (actually, I believe that no tradition should be accepted just because "it's tradition" and that all of them should be reexamined and a lot - discarded), there are some which I kinda like. And this is one of them - celebrating the first day of March, as a symbol of the approaching spring.

So, on March 1st, folk in my minuscule and unimportant part of the world give each other martenitsi, small thingamajigs, made of red and white threads and meant to wish health and good luck to those we gave them to. We never buy them for ourselves, but only for friends and family and wear them until we see the first stork, swallow (but swallows being much tinier, storks are usually our best bet Tongue ), or the first blooming tree - all signs that spring is finally here.

So, this little and not quite necessary lecture concluded - happy first of march, guys! (Won't be giving them individually, 'cause I'm not sure those who didn't make the list would be able to live with the disappointment Tongue )

[Image: martenitza.jpg] [Image: martenica.gif]

I'm gonna be getting a fucking furlough notice 'cause my Government is currently completely fucking dysfunctional and impotent and inept and fucking feckless and ain't none of it my fault and it's completely fucking outta my control. Weeping ... I like your gifts and sentiment better, ManlyGirl's become quite the master of crochet. I'm gonna ask her to make me something.

God, girly, I'm sorry Sad This country is so fucked! Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2017, 11:23 AM
(28-02-2013 08:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ... ManlyGirly's agreed to create this for me and provide me with the requisite pins and incantations ...

You should show these kinds of gifts only after they're finished Tongue

[Image: 2r3ceue.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
01-03-2017, 12:08 PM
Thank you, Emma Hug (And Jenny!)

[Image: 172-600x600.jpg]

And speaking of dollies and Trump, and Cthulhu...

... how about this? Stuff of nightmares... Blink

[Image: il_570xn.1071490880_ioq8_small2.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post