Happy Mardi Gras!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2014, 03:46 PM
RE: Happy Mardi Gras!
I'm baking a king cake (I got the baby last year) and making some jambalaya.

I've even got beads. Yes

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 03:47 PM
(04-03-2014 03:34 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Ha, I lived in New Caney,Tx. for a few years during boom town days.

Mardi Gras uh? I always wanted to ride my chopper out there for it and pick up a hooker, then go tripping at the old graveyard.... allas, it wasnt meant to be Sadcryface

Maybe a good thing, as I might have been shot by some toothless rednecks. Wink

You aren't dead yet.....there's still time. Laugh out load

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
04-03-2014, 03:55 PM
(04-03-2014 03:47 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 03:34 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Ha, I lived in New Caney,Tx. for a few years during boom town days.

Mardi Gras uh? I always wanted to ride my chopper out there for it and pick up a hooker, then go tripping at the old graveyard.... allas, it wasnt meant to be Sadcryface

You aren't dead yet.....there's still time. Laugh out load

Yeah well, dont have a chopper anymore, and it aint the same on a old mans bike Blush

Not to mention, the hookers prolly charge me double now.... Angry

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
04-03-2014, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 04:07 PM by WitchSabrina.)
(04-03-2014 08:07 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 08:05 AM)meremortal Wrote:  Laissez les bon temps rouler! - from a fellow Louisiana native - now living in Houston.

Thumbsup

I moved to Katy for a year or so.

So ........... you gonna throw beads at us girls? LOL

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
04-03-2014, 04:15 PM

I knew some guys from New Caney years ago. That's getting in to the East Texas sticks up there - speaking of toothless rednecks... Big Grin
04-03-2014, 04:18 PM
(04-03-2014 04:02 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 08:07 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Thumbsup

I moved to Katy for a year or so.

So ........... you gonna throw beads at us girls? LOL

That depends... Wink
04-03-2014, 04:24 PM
(04-03-2014 04:15 PM)meremortal Wrote:  

I knew some guys from New Caney years ago. That's getting in to the East Texas sticks up there - speaking of toothless rednecks... Big Grin

Thats the truth ! I lived near Fire Lake, actually my property was on the river downstream of it. Worked in Humble and the ex wife had a roach-coach business in Houston. Nutty place back in those days... I had me some fun tho Thumbsup

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
04-03-2014, 04:28 PM
(04-03-2014 04:24 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 04:15 PM)meremortal Wrote:  I knew some guys from New Caney years ago. That's getting in to the East Texas sticks up there - speaking of toothless rednecks... Big Grin

Thats the truth ! I lived near Fire Lake, actually my property was on the river downstream of it. Worked in Humble and the ex wife had a roach-coach business in Houston. Nutty place back in those days... I had me some fun tho Thumbsup

Yeah, the dudes I knew were some crazy mo fo's. Lots of fun, though - and could fix anything with an engine in it.
[+] 1 user Likes meremortal's post
05-03-2014, 07:15 AM
It rained all day yesterday. It was so nasty we never left the house. My girls were supposed to march in the parade, but with the rain and cold the band director pulled them. We did march in the Sunday parade.
06-03-2014, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 03:49 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Sorry, but I don't get Mardi Gras. But that's cool, because it roughly coincides with my favorite March holiday, 311 Day. If I was in New Orleans, I'd be all over this.

Quote:311 has had a history of celebrating their namesake on the 11th of the third month (March) each even-numbered year, almost always after having released an album the previous summer (Evolver). The celebration consisted of a live concert, a tradition over recent years has developed for the band to out-perform themselves in regard to the previous '311 Day'. The result is a 64-song set list featuring album tracks and a large collection of b-sides recorded at UNO Lakefront Arena in New Orleans 11 March 2004. This concert was released on DVD in October 2004. 311 Day: Live in New Orleans was certified Platinum by the RIAA.

[Image: c7ab9f348576a9bd731d5ac064670495.jpg?itok=odmV0Lu8]

[Image: 311-day-14-flat-beads-v1-edit-3.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]