Happy Mother's Day!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Happy Mother's Day!
It is a simply beautiful day here in North Texas. We have the windows open, there's a nice breeze and plenty of sunshine.

I got really nice wind chime to replace a broken one. It has a glass globe on top that is clear and blue swirls. There is a light in it that comes on at dusk (solar powered that changes color). I also got a yummy cake!

So, I cram more math into my head, with the breeze blowing on the window, with my buddy Chopper sharing my chair. The birds outside are eating and playing in the bird bath.

Peaceful and calm, a good Mother's Day here.

Hope all you mom's are enjoying the day.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-05-2013, 12:37 PM
RE: Happy Mother's Day!
(12-05-2013 12:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It is a simply beautiful day here in North Texas. We have the windows open, there's a nice breeze and plenty of sunshine.

I got really nice wind chime to replace a broken one. It has a glass globe on top that is clear and blue swirls. There is a light in it that comes on at dusk (solar powered that changes color). I also got a yummy cake!

So, I cram more math into my head, with the breeze blowing on the window, with my buddy Chopper sharing my chair. The birds outside are eating and playing in the bird bath.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there!Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
12-05-2013, 12:47 PM
(12-05-2013 12:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It is a simply beautiful day here in North Texas. We have the windows open, there's a nice breeze and plenty of sunshine.

We've had the most gorgeous weather the past couple weeks. Today it rained.

But still mother's day will be great. I'm really looking forward to it.

Happy mother's day!!!!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

12-05-2013, 12:58 PM
I guess the best part of the weekend was Friday. I participated in Relay for Life for the first time. Got a little choked up by all the survivors there and all the care givers as well as others that came to be a part of it.

It was emotional for me, which is unusual, I tend to be pretty stoic. I felt like part of a club that I didn't want to join.

The survivor lap where we were joined by our caregivers and given flowers. The lap our team took because we raised over $10,000! The lap later when the luminarias were lit all around the track and spelling out the word "CURE" in the bleachers. All were quite intense.

I got some T-shirts, a hat, and some other little goodies. I walked the track several times for people from my life and from my virtual life here.

My husband, son, daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter all came out. I met some really nice people. It's been a good weekend.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Happy Mother's Day = )

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
12-05-2013, 04:07 PM
I just wished my own HMD, but I'd feel remiss in not saying HMD to all moms everywhere!
So...Happy Mother's Day Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
12-05-2013, 04:33 PM
I need to stop drinking or I'll never be able to drive my mil home after dinner! And the woman, tho I love her dearly MUST go home!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-05-2013, 05:03 PM
[Image: 294881_10200693504238663_1044250322_n.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
12-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Oh good lord!

Zappa, back atcha.