Happy National Ask An Atheist Day, Everybody!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2013, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2013 07:40 PM by Erxomai.)
RE: Happy National Ask An Atheist Day, Everybody!
(18-04-2013 07:16 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 07:15 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Because them damn fureners talk and smell funny.

If'n English was gud enuf fer Jesus it's gud enuf fer you!

Which is, of course, why Paul of Tartarus wrote the King James Bible.

(18-04-2013 07:16 PM)Peanut Wrote:  What's the "meaning of life?" Big Grin

IS there even a direct answer to that?

Duh, I just told you.

How much should I put aside from each paycheck to ensure I have a nice little bit of savings for retirement?

ALWAYS pay yourself first. 10 percent is a good place to start out if you haven't already been saving. If you don't have one, go open a savings account and each time you get paid, buy and pay for nothing else before you put 10% of your check into savings. DO NOT TOUCH THIS MONEY!!!! I promise you that monkeys will fly out of your butt and it won't be as pleasant as monkeys flying into your butt. Once you have $1000 saved up, buy a CD. The interest rate will be crap, but the advantage is you won't be able to touch this money and the monkey will stay in your ass. Continue paying yourself 10% of each paycheck. Once you've gathered around $2500 deposit this money into a conservative Roth IRA. Now when you pay yourself 10%, this money goes into your IRA account and you will be amazed at how this money grows exponentially.

Study the Rule of 72. Compound interest is not only your friend, it's sorcery working on your behalf. By the time you are my ancient age, you will be rich beyond your wildest dreams. AND...that will be about the time I am retiring at age 75 and will need you to support me financially until I die. You are welcome to poison me sooner if you prefer. HEED THESE WORDS, GOOBER! DO NOT END UP LIKE ME!

Why do I go through ear buds so much faster than everyone else? (Seriously. I've bought about five this year alone. I take care of them, too. And they are good ones! I have to buy a new pair tomorrow. Perhaps I'm not taking as great of care as I thought?)

Every so often you need to rinse them in white vinegar. Do not soak them, just rinse them off and rinse the vinegar off with cold water. Allow them to air dry. Also, while they are drying, use a clean Q-tip to clean your ears. DO NOT INSERT THE Q-TIP INTO YOUR EAR DRUM!

OH! Somebody questioned atheism the other day. How does one KNOW that "atheism is TRUE?" I was absolutely confused by that question. I answered him, but I'd like to hear your take Drinking Beverage

You obviously already know how to deflect a question that you don't feel comfortable answering at that time. You don't need my help with this one. You reply, "That's an interesting question. I'd like to hear your take." Then say, "Oh look at the time! Gotta run!"

ETA: Be sure to click on the quote to see this Atheist's answers.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
18-04-2013, 07:38 PM
HUH? (Remember, I'm a n00b? I don't know what quote you are talking about!)

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
18-04-2013, 07:42 PM
(18-04-2013 07:38 PM)Peanut Wrote:  HUH? (Remember, I'm a n00b? I don't know what quote you are talking about!)

Do you see where I quoted you? Click on that section that has a white background.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
18-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Did you know that you are the oldest you have ever been, but also the youngest you'll ever be again? Feel how young you are.
18-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Can you lick your elbow?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-04-2013, 07:48 PM
(18-04-2013 07:16 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 07:10 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  Of all of the thousands of gods that have been worshipped, which is the "one true god?"

The answer:

[Image: tumblr_mk0j95D6rN1r4fdwko1_500.jpg]

He is one of the lesser gods in the pantheon of Rock Gods, but that doesn't take anything away from his deityness.

Blaspheme!

Although he's not one of my "can't live without" musicians, he was definitely a pioneer and inspired a generation of axe-slingers. Besides, no one painted "Page is god" all over London when they should have.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
18-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Do you drink coffee, and do you brew it at home most of the time or go to a coffee shop?
18-04-2013, 07:51 PM
(18-04-2013 07:48 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 07:16 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  He is one of the lesser gods in the pantheon of Rock Gods, but that doesn't take anything away from his deityness.

Blaspheme!

Although he's not one of my "can't live without" musicians, he was definitely a pioneer and inspired a generation of axe-slingers. Besides, no one painted "Page is god" all over London when they should have.

I think that dog might have been Jimmy's dog. Laughat
And you're right about the pioneer and legend status. I give huge props to the "Slow Hand." Thumbsup

~Izel
18-04-2013, 07:52 PM
(18-04-2013 07:47 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Can you lick your elbow?

No, but I might be willing to lick yours if you don't have psoriasis and you put a little bit of peanut butter on it.

~Izel
18-04-2013, 07:54 PM
(18-04-2013 07:33 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 07:16 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  If'n English was gud enuf fer Jesus it's gud enuf fer you!

Which is, of course, why Paul of Tartarus wrote the King James Bible.

(18-04-2013 07:16 PM)Peanut Wrote:  What's the "meaning of life?" Big Grin

IS there even a direct answer to that?

Duh, I just told you.

How much should I put aside from each paycheck to ensure I have a nice little bit of savings for retirement?

ALWAYS pay yourself first. 10 percent is a good place to start out if you haven't already been saving. If you don't have one, go open a savings account and each time you get paid, buy and pay for nothing else before you put 10% of your check into savings. DO NOT TOUCH THIS MONEY!!!! I promise you that monkeys will fly out of your butt and it won't be as pleasant as monkeys flying into your butt. Once you have $1000 saved up, buy a CD. The interest rate will be crap, but the advantage is you won't be able to touch this money and the monkey will stay in your ass. Continue paying yourself 10% of each paycheck. Once you've gathered around $2500 deposit this money into a conservative Roth IRA. Now when you pay yourself 10%, this money goes into your IRA account and you will be amazed at how this money grows exponentially.

Study the Rule of 72. Compound interest is not only your friend, it's sorcery working on your behalf. By the time you are my ancient age, you will be rich beyond your wildest dreams. AND...that will be about the time I am retiring at age 75 and will need you to support me financially until I die. You are welcome to poison me sooner if you prefer. HEED THESE WORDS, GOOBER! DO NOT END UP LIKE ME!

Why do I go through ear buds so much faster than everyone else? (Seriously. I've bought about five this year alone. I take care of them, too. And they are good ones! I have to buy a new pair tomorrow. Perhaps I'm not taking as great of care as I thought?)

Every so often you need to rinse them in white vinegar. Do not soak them, just rinse them off and rinse the vinegar off with cold water. Allow them to air dry. Also, while they are drying, use a clean Q-tip to clean your ears. DO NOT INSERT THE Q-TIP INTO YOUR EAR DRUM!

OH! Somebody questioned atheism the other day. How does one KNOW that "atheism is TRUE?" I was absolutely confused by that question. I answered him, but I'd like to hear your take Drinking Beverage

You obviously already know how to deflect a question that you don't feel comfortable answering at that time. You don't need my help with this one. You reply, "That's an interesting question. I'd like to hear your take." Then say, "Oh look at the time! Gotta run!"

ETA: Be sure to click on the quote to see this Atheist's answers.

Dude, that was some fucked up financial advise to give a sweet, young, albeit squirrely woman who sincerely asked.

TELL HER WHO'S CD TO BUY AND STOP FUCKING WITH PEOPLE"S HEADS LIKE THAT!

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post