Happy New Year!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2011, 09:49 AM

Happy New Year!
Happy New Year!

So, has anyone made any resolutions for 2011?

I've just made a few of the obvious ones, eat healthier, quit smoking and also to finally get my head down and finish at least a few of the thousands of projects that I've started.
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2011, 12:08 PM
RE: Happy New Year!
Losing weight , learning new things and overall keeping active and on the right track. Not many objectives on my end but a great need to see them through.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Hmmm...goals for 2011.
Reclaim at least another 40 acres of the farm for sustainable farming. (Pastoral)
Get my PPC liscense.
Set up some solar panels/inverter.
Increase rat sales.
Shave more than once a week. (My wife hates it when I have a beard. LOL)

Most of what I do is during the summer, so I make "vernal equinox" resolutions instead of new years ones. LOL

So many cats, so few good recipes.
01-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Become supreme ruler of the world,
Restrict mating to those who can pass on valuable genes,
Tax churches (because they are a bussiness),
You know, the usual.
01-01-2011, 06:27 PM
I'll cycle from here (Nakkila) to Åland and back. About 200km (+80km in ferries) one way. I don't dare to try a longer trip before I have a proper bike for that and the skills and equipment to do small repairs to the bike.

That's my only resolution, but next year it'll be longer.Cool

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
01-01-2011, 06:36 PM

Happy New Year Smile

I made a list of non-fiction books to read this year.
I want to finally learn how to snowboard (I already started this one Big Grin )
Skydive
Volunteer a certain amount of hours
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Mine is to get out of the Bible Belt. Wink That may not quite come til next year, but I'd like to get some steps closer. Smile

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
03-01-2011, 09:07 AM
(01-01-2011 06:27 PM)Kikko Wrote:  I'll cycle from here (Nakkila) to Åland and back. About 200km (+80km in ferries) one way. I don't dare to try a longer trip before I have a proper bike for that and the skills and equipment to do small repairs to the bike.

That's awesome. When do you plan to do that?

I've got a ride planned for myself next September. From Gettysburg battle field (Civil War) to Trenton battlefield (Revolutionary war). It's ~200 miles (~322 KM) and the ride is over 2 days. It's a fund raiser and I'll have to start raising money over the summer but this is my big goal for this year.

Hopefully, my back is fully healed in time to start training because so far it is not. Getting old sucks.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
05-01-2011, 04:21 AM
New Years resolutions.......hmmmmm. Ive been thinking about that the last few days. I am finally on a medical leave of absence so I actually have some time to complete a few of these. Or at least get them going.

Lose some weight
Improve my stress management skills
Read a few more books
Find a way to be the person my family deserves
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2011, 01:11 PM
(03-01-2011 09:07 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(01-01-2011 06:27 PM)Kikko Wrote:  I'll cycle from here (Nakkila) to Åland and back. About 200km (+80km in ferries) one way. I don't dare to try a longer trip before I have a proper bike for that and the skills and equipment to do small repairs to the bike.

That's awesome. When do you plan to do that?
During summer, that's all I know. I don't like too much planning especially if I'd have to follow the plan.
Quote:I've got a ride planned for myself next September. From Gettysburg battle field (Civil War) to Trenton battlefield (Revolutionary war). It's ~200 miles (~322 KM) and the ride is over 2 days. It's a fund raiser and I'll have to start raising money over the summer but this is my big goal for this year.

Hopefully, my back is fully healed in time to start training because so far it is not. Getting old sucks.
Raising funds? How?

If you've done this sort of many-day trips before, I might ask a couple of questions this spring when I'm getting some equipment.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.