Happy New Year!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2011, 02:05 PM

RE: Happy New Year!
Happy belated.

My resolutions primarily revolve around actually sitting down and bothering to learn thing like HTML and CSS (I've actually progressed a little in the former), to do the generic thing of losing fat (I've picked up a daily routine), and probably explore my sexuality more (So far I haven't been bothering).
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2011, 10:44 AM
(06-01-2011 01:11 PM)Kikko Wrote:  Raising funds? How?

If you've done this sort of many-day trips before, I might ask a couple of questions this spring when I'm getting some equipment.

Kikko

A lot of the rides in the US are charity rides so they generally have sites set up for fund raising. And, then you basically ask friends, family, co-workers, etc. to sponsor you. Some rides have a minimum commitment you must raise in order to participate. The one I want to do requires around $1,000 or so, including the entry.

And, my plans may have just gotten scrapped because my riding partner informed me yesterday that he and his wife are now expecting a baby in September. So, I've got to scramble to find someone else to do it with and it could be an issue. Drat.

Oh, I've not done a multi-day ride before. This will be (if it happens now) my first. But, feel free to ping me for questions as I'll be doing some planning of my own, hopefully.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2011, 11:42 AM
(07-01-2011 10:44 AM)BnW Wrote:  A lot of the rides in the US are charity rides so they generally have sites set up for fund raising. And, then you basically ask friends, family, co-workers, etc. to sponsor you. Some rides have a minimum commitment you must raise in order to participate. The one I want to do requires around $1,000 or so, including the entry.

If things work out, be sure and post the sponsoring info on here. I'd be happy to kick in $20 or so! (I've done rides like this too. Tough, but very rewarding. Good on ya!)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply