Happy Palm Sunday!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2014, 09:52 AM
Happy Palm Sunday!
Happy Palm Sunday everyone!

Today we celebrate Christ's triumphant entry into Jerusalem where everyone turned out to welcome this amazing miracle-working teacher/prophet in person by waiving branches, throwing their cloaks on the ground in front of him and making all kinds of noise. An event that was so significant it was recorded by...um...wait a minute...this can't be right...exactly none of the historians alive and active at the time including Philo of Alexandria who conceivably could have actually been there for the event.

If I didn't know better, it would almost seem like they made this shit up... Shocking

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
13-04-2014, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2014 12:18 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
RE: Happy Palm Sunday!
(13-04-2014 09:52 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Happy Palm Sunday everyone!

Today we celebrate Christ's triumphant entry into Jerusalem where everyone turned out to welcome this amazing miracle-working teacher/prophet in person by waiving branches, throwing their cloaks on the ground in front of him and making all kinds of noise. An event that was so significant it was recorded by...um...wait a minute...this can't be right...exactly none of the historians alive and active at the time including Philo of Alexandria who conceivably could have actually been there for the event.

If I didn't know better, it would almost seem like they made this shit up... Shocking

....and how many days did this supposedly happen before the (same?) people supposedly [s]mailed[/i] [Edit: NAILED] his pelt to a tree and eviscerated him?

LOL @ fat fingers....

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
13-04-2014, 11:47 AM
(13-04-2014 10:04 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  ....and how many days did this supposedly happen before the (same?) people supposedly mailed his pelt to a tree and eviscerated him?

Pelt mailed to:

Pfluegler Taxidermy
Olive Branch Road
Golgotha, FL 33009

Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
13-04-2014, 12:14 PM
(13-04-2014 10:04 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  

....and how many days did this supposedly happen before the (same?) people supposedly mailed his pelt to a tree and eviscerated him?

Five days give or take. The "eye witness testimony" isn't entirely in agreement. But yeah, it didn't take long for the mob to inexplicably turn on him.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
13-04-2014, 01:42 PM
So palm sunday has nothing to do with masturbation ?

I feel so confused Hobo

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
13-04-2014, 01:50 PM
Hehehe "Happy Palm" Sunday... hehehe...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-04-2014, 01:57 PM

The whole thing was a diversion so that kids wouldn't notice that the Easter Bunny was coming to town.

Easy to explain if you look at it rationally. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-04-2014, 04:44 PM
When is facepalm sunday ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
13-04-2014, 04:47 PM
(13-04-2014 01:42 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  So palm sunday has nothing to do with masturbation ?

I feel so confused Hobo

Yep, not to be confused with Wanker Saturday Wink

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
13-04-2014, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2014 08:28 AM by Bucky Ball.)
I noticed the other day that in the Gospel of Matthew (traditionally read today) it has Jebus already being called "the Christ" and being asked if he was "the son of God" by almost everyone ... including the Roman and Jewish authorities. Clearly that thinking reflects a much more developed (ie MUCH later) notion of who he might have been .. and pretty good evidence, (as far as I'm concerned that) the entire business of the trial was invented. Then there is the weird line at the death which says "And behold, the veil of the sanctuary was torn in two from top to bottom ... the earth quaked etc.. tombs were opened, and the bodies of many saints who had fallen asleep were raised. But hold on. They had to wait in their tombs. Jesus has to rise *first* .. ("firstborn from the dead" and all that ... so they had to SIT in their tombs, raised, and alive, ... oh never mind. Weeping ).

When I was really little I thought "*Palm (tree) Sunday" was "Wear a Hawaiin shirt to church" day. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post