Happy Palm Sunday!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2014, 05:21 PM
RE: Happy Palm Sunday!
Oh, it's Palm Sunday? That explains why most of the churches let out late today. I was able to do my shopping in peace and even have lunch afterwards with a friend without the mad crowds... I plan my shopping that way, but usually the hordes appear when we go to lunch.

Probably will be even better on Easter Big Grin

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-04-2014, 06:03 PM
(13-04-2014 05:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I noticed the other day that in the Gospel of Matthew (traditionally read today) it has Jebus already being called "the Christ" and being asked if he was "the son of God" by almost everyone ... including the Roman and Jewish authorities. Clearly that thinking reflects a much more developed notion of who he might have been .. and pretty good evidence, (as far as I'm concerned that) the entire business of the trial was invented. Then there is the weird line at the death which says "And behold, the veil of the sanctuary was torn in two from top to bottom ... the earth quaked etc.. tombs were opened, and the bodies of many saints who had fallen asleep were raised. But hold on. They had to wait in their tombs. Jesus has to rise *first* .. ("firstborn from the dead" and all that ... so they had to SIT in their tombs, raised, and alive, ... oh never mind. Weeping ).

When I was really little I thought "*Palm (tree) Sunday" was "Wear a Hawaiin shirt to church" day. Tongue

Bucky, you are a wealth of information! Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
13-04-2014, 06:42 PM
Quote:But yeah, it didn't take long for the mob to inexplicably turn on him.

"What jesus fails to comprehend is that it is the meek who are the problem!"

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
14-04-2014, 05:10 AM
Ok, ok, who believes this so far?

"One" Laughat
One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
Two can be as bad as one
It's the loneliest number since the number one

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
14-04-2014, 06:24 AM
(14-04-2014 05:10 AM)Dee Wrote:  Ok, ok, who believes this so far?

"One" Laughat
One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
Two can be as bad as one
It's the loneliest number since the number one

Three Dog Night! I haven't heard that song in a long time. My favorite song of theirs has to be "I've never been to Spain".

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
14-04-2014, 09:06 AM
I wonder how many palm trees are killed each year so Christians can have their pomp and circumstance about nonsense. Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
14-04-2014, 02:14 PM
Quote:If I didn't know better, it would almost seem like they made this shit up...

Actually they copied from the OT.

Quote:9 Rejoice greatly, Daughter Zion!
Shout, Daughter Jerusalem!
See, your king comes to you,
righteous and victorious,
lowly and riding on a donkey,
on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

Zech 9

Re-cycling.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
14-04-2014, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2014 05:22 PM by Mark Fulton.)
The person who made the real triumphant entry into Jerusalem was Titus, the Roman general, in the year 70, at the culmination of the first Jewish War, just before the gospels were probably first written.

Joseph Atwill thinks that the Jesus story is a satire of Titus' campaign.

The Roman army besieged the city using catapults that flung large rocks over the city walls. The Jews on top of the wall called out to their compatriots "stone" whenever one flew overhead.

Atwill claims this is why the gospel of Luke says,
“Some Pharisees in the crowd said to him, ‘Master, check your disciples,’ but he answered, ‘I tell you, if these keep silence the stones will cry out’” (Luke 19:39–40 JB.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
14-04-2014, 05:12 PM
(13-04-2014 05:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I noticed the other day that in the Gospel of Matthew (traditionally read today) it has Jebus already being called "the Christ" and being asked if he was "the son of God" by almost everyone ... including the Roman and Jewish authorities. Clearly that thinking reflects a much more developed (ie MUCH later) notion of who he might have been .. and pretty good evidence, (as far as I'm concerned that) the entire business of the trial was invented. Then there is the weird line at the death which says "And behold, the veil of the sanctuary was torn in two from top to bottom ... the earth quaked etc.. tombs were opened, and the bodies of many saints who had fallen asleep were raised. But hold on. They had to wait in their tombs. Jesus has to rise *first* .. ("firstborn from the dead" and all that ... so they had to SIT in their tombs, raised, and alive, ... oh never mind. Weeping ).

When I was really little I thought "*Palm (tree) Sunday" was "Wear a Hawaiin shirt to church" day. Tongue

So true.

The first documented evidence we have of anyone calling Jeebus the son of God was the writings of Paul in the 50s ( and in my opinion there's even doubt he was talking about our Jeebus)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
14-04-2014, 05:26 PM
(14-04-2014 06:24 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Three Dog Night! I haven't heard that song in a long time. My favorite song of theirs has to be "I've never been to Spain".

Eli Eli lama sabachthani? Fucker's always coming but never shows the fuck up. Dude's a pussy.

#sigh