Happy Ramadan you infidels.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2016, 07:39 AM
RE: Happy Ramadan you infidels.
Happy Ramadan!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2016, 08:06 AM
(04-06-2016 07:35 PM)I Am Wrote:  Huh. I thought Ramadan was an autumn / winter thing, timed roughly to match the global North starving season. Shows my infidel ignorance I guess.

Back around 2004/05 in those eras it was right around Hanukkah and Christmas so it was getting publicity like that but it's a moon like calendar thing so it rotates. I remember my muslim raised friends in highschool having a tough time trying to do it then and just talking about how much worse it will get in years ahead when it comes around during the summer. Well that's how it was the past several years but at least it's in Spring time nowadays.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
05-06-2016, 08:49 AM
Hmmm. I don't know if this really a tradition I still keep. More of a fear. I'm still afraid of eating pork.

☆☆☆
05-06-2016, 09:56 AM
(05-06-2016 08:49 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Hmmm. I don't know if this really a tradition I still keep. More of a fear. I'm still afraid of eating pork.

Meh, the rancid gas and burning urination aren't too bad. It's the hallucinations that really get to me. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post
05-06-2016, 10:07 AM
(05-06-2016 09:56 AM)I Am Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 08:49 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Hmmm. I don't know if this really a tradition I still keep. More of a fear. I'm still afraid of eating pork.

Meh, the rancid gas and burning urination aren't too bad. It's the hallucinations that really get to me. Wink

Huh Is that the amanita muscaria brand of pork?
05-06-2016, 11:09 AM
(05-06-2016 10:07 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 09:56 AM)I Am Wrote:  Meh, the rancid gas and burning urination aren't too bad. It's the hallucinations that really get to me. Wink

Huh Is that the amanita muscaria brand of pork?

Pork: The Other White Rabbit is going through a window made of names. Follow, fellow, for fallow furrows foment folly!
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post
05-06-2016, 11:25 AM
(05-06-2016 05:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-06-2016 11:13 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  ...and the other guy and I ate ours in the hallway so as not to be rude.

Really? That's going a bit far.

Pretty much what EK said, we just wanted to be courteous to her. She'd already had a rough week anyhow, her fiancee had totaled his car a few days before. No need to stuff our faces in front of her when she couldn't.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2016, 01:58 PM
(05-06-2016 11:25 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 05:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  Really? That's going a bit far.

Pretty much what EK said, we just wanted to be courteous to her. She'd already had a rough week anyhow, her fiancee had totaled his car a few days before. No need to stuff our faces in front of her when she couldn't.

She could go out in the hall if she was uncomfortable.

If someone had a medical problem and couldn't eat then I would do them that courtesy; not for an absurd religious choice.

Do you refrain from eating bacon cheeseburgers in the presence of Jews? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2016, 02:36 PM
(04-06-2016 07:19 PM)izel Wrote:  The starvation begins today But hey thats my problem Laugh out load. FML...

What about you guys? Does any of you follow anything from your old religious believes. For example, I still don't eat pork, I do fast for discipline, sometimes say a prayer using Islamic phrases, I still murder journalists who makes fun of my prophet. But seriously what are things you still follow?

Happy starvation...I guess. Confused

No, I don't carry with me any of the Catholic stuff I grew up with.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-06-2016, 02:48 PM
No I do not fast (no matter what way). My health is fucked enough as it is, don't have to add that type of strain to it.
Also I didn't even fast when I paid lip service to the catholic church.
The one time I "fasted" was when I stopped eating for psychological reasons and once I got psychological help, I started eating again.

I get some types of fasting, the medical type where you only drink water and some soups. This supervised by your doctor. Yes why not.
Also cutting out certain foods for medical or ethical reasons, sure makes sense. Knowing how to supplement some things that you might miss out on by cutting out on those foods.

But fasting for religious reasons has never made any sense to me so I never did it.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -