Happy Ramadan you infidels.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2016, 03:23 PM
RE: Happy Ramadan you infidels.
I tried it once, for one day. I thought I handled it OK. No food, no drink. A friend was into that stuff and we'd chatted about it. I wasn't even intending to, I just woke up and thought "Today I'll give it a shot".

It's not easy. Whatever people think of it, I think it's interesting, to know what limit you can push yourself to. One day was enough for me, those who do it for longer... I gots some respect for that.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-06-2016, 04:05 PM
(05-06-2016 03:23 PM)morondog Wrote:  I tried it once, for one day. I thought I handled it OK. No food, no drink. A friend was into that stuff and we'd chatted about it. I wasn't even intending to, I just woke up and thought "Today I'll give it a shot".

It's not easy. Whatever people think of it, I think it's interesting, to know what limit you can push yourself to. One day was enough for me, those who do it for longer... I gots some respect for that.

Sort of like respecting someone who stays in an abusive relationship? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2016, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2016 09:57 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(05-06-2016 04:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 03:23 PM)morondog Wrote:  I tried it once, for one day. I thought I handled it OK. No food, no drink. A friend was into that stuff and we'd chatted about it. I wasn't even intending to, I just woke up and thought "Today I'll give it a shot".

More like respecting someone who can run a marathon whenever they themselves are winded just running up the stairs...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
05-06-2016, 08:57 PM
God dammit! That means I will be in a Muslim country during Ramadan! For WEEKS! FUCKING FUCK!

05-06-2016, 09:12 PM
(05-06-2016 08:57 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  God dammit! That means I will be in a Muslim country during Ramadan! For WEEKS! FUCKING FUCK!

Does that mean no one will sell you lunch? Or will they still cater (so to speak) to nonbelievers?

If you can get food, you should stroll down the street at mid-afternoon with ice cream every day.
05-06-2016, 09:58 PM
I've had to fast in the past. A couple of times when I had internal issues (ruptured appendix in '74, then didn't have any food intake for many days after surgery (lost 10 pounds), and a perforated small intestine from complications of that ruptured appendix, in '96 (lost 32 pounds)), and then two colonoscopies within the last 10 years. I don't recommend fasting, from a personal health perspective. Moderation is the key. I'd still like a person who fasts for an entire day (for whatever reason) in a desert environment to tell me if just fresh water is OK for them. Because I can assure you that for me, that is deleterious to my health, and I can't possibly be alone with that.
05-06-2016, 10:03 PM
(04-06-2016 09:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-06-2016 09:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Says you. Intermittent fasting.

Yeah, says me. It doesn't fit the definition. It's not fasting, just stupid.

So don't do it. Drinking Beverage
05-06-2016, 11:45 PM
(05-06-2016 04:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  

It's something that people do by their own choice. Muslims may have a silly religion but so do lots of people. This particular ritual I think independent of the religious aspect, is quite a challenge in itself. It's also the kind of thing that one completes on will-power. Of course it appeals to me.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-06-2016, 04:34 AM
(05-06-2016 09:12 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 08:57 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  God dammit! That means I will be in a Muslim country during Ramadan! For WEEKS! FUCKING FUCK!

Does that mean no one will sell you lunch? Or will they still cater (so to speak) to nonbelievers?

If you can get food, you should stroll down the street at mid-afternoon with ice cream every day.

I'd really prefer to stay out of jail if at all possible. What it means is not eating out during the day, or on weekends, and also wearing conservative full length clothes while walking - well anywhere, including to and from my place of business with temps likely exceeding 120 F. Last time it got up to 127, but that was a bit later in the year.

06-06-2016, 04:37 AM
(05-06-2016 08:41 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 04:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  Sort of like respecting someone who stays in an abusive relationship? Consider

More like respecting someone who can run a marathon whenever they themselves are winded just running up the stairs...

No, it's not. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user