Happy Smallpox Day!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2015, 05:57 AM
RE: Happy Smallpox Day!
The lamps as eyeballs is creative and particularly effective...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-10-2015, 05:58 AM
That should actually be Lord Amherst Day.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
13-10-2015, 09:57 AM
This doesn't condone the horrible mass murder of millions of indigenous people in the Americas by the Columbus invasion but many people think the Native Indians here were a peaceful and bucolic lot who lived in peace. This is far from the truth. The various tribes fought and killed each other just like groups of people everywhere on this earth. There were tribal wars going on pretty much constantly in the Americas before Columbus arrived.

Just sayin.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
13-10-2015, 12:32 PM
[Image: FB_IMG_1444760602453_zpssvytv5rp.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
13-10-2015, 12:48 PM
[Image: 40a8aad14ea9b269926a3c4e76a82232.jpg]

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
13-10-2015, 06:01 PM
(13-10-2015 09:57 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This doesn't condone the horrible mass murder of millions of indigenous people in the Americas by the Columbus invasion but many people think the Native Indians here were a peaceful and bucolic lot who lived in peace. This is far from the truth. The various tribes fought and killed each other just like groups of people everywhere on this earth. There were tribal wars going on pretty much constantly in the Americas before Columbus arrived.

Yabut, they didn't have this.
[Image: bio.png]

And The Prophet was close to uniting them against the white devil until his brother Tecumseh got killed.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-10-2015, 06:17 PM
(13-10-2015 06:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 09:57 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This doesn't condone the horrible mass murder of millions of indigenous people in the Americas by the Columbus invasion but many people think the Native Indians here were a peaceful and bucolic lot who lived in peace. This is far from the truth. The various tribes fought and killed each other just like groups of people everywhere on this earth. There were tribal wars going on pretty much constantly in the Americas before Columbus arrived.

Yabut, they didn't have this.
[Image: bio.png]

And The Prophet was close to uniting them against the white devil until his brother Tecumseh got killed.

What is that a symbol of?

Several Indian tribe have prophets as part of their religion. I need to read more about it though. They have some interesting mythology.

Tecumseh was the middle name of one of my great, great uncles. First name was William, last name....Sherman. He didn't treat the Indians much better than Columbus I'm sorry to say. He did a few other things though.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
13-10-2015, 06:30 PM
(13-10-2015 06:17 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 06:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yabut, they didn't have this.
What is that a symbol of?
Biological hazard. Like smallpox or anthrax or ebola.

(13-10-2015 06:17 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Several Indian tribe have prophets as part of their religion. I need to read more about it though. They have some interesting mythology.
There's a reason Tenskwatawa was called The Prophet.

(13-10-2015 06:17 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Tecumseh was the middle name of one of my great, great uncles. First name was William, last name....Sherman. He didn't treat the Indians much better than Columbus I'm sorry to say. He did a few other things though.
He didn't give a shit who got killed or what infrastructure got in his way. He was gonna finish his march to the sea and nobody and nothing was getting in the psychopath's way.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-10-2015, 05:38 AM
Halloween is my favorite holiday too, although as my kids get older it is losing its allure. They are too old for me to go out trick-or-treating with them, which kind of sucks.

Regarding Columbus, blaming the guy for bringing germs when germ theory was not a thing for a few more hundred years is really not fair. If you want things you can blame him for, here is a fun cartoon that lays out his list of various crimes and why we today celebrate this person.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
15-10-2015, 06:59 AM
(15-10-2015 05:38 AM)BnW Wrote:  Halloween is my favorite holiday too, although as my kids get older it is losing its allure. They are too old for me to go out trick-or-treating with them, which kind of sucks.

Regarding Columbus, blaming the guy for bringing germs when germ theory was not a thing for a few more hundred years is really not fair. If you want things you can blame him for, here is a fun cartoon that lays out his list of various crimes and why we today celebrate this person.

Happy Bartolome day!

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister