Happy Thanksgiving

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2014, 11:53 AM
Happy Thanksgiving
I hope everyone has a good one and doesn't have too many uncomfortable situations with theist family members.

I wanted to share a quick story from this morning. My wife and kids are still theists, and the kids' youth group was going to visit nursing homes today and spend time with the elderly that may be by themselves today. Sounds innocuous right? On the way over, the youth pastor in charge says "make sure you mention the name of jesus. If we don't let them know we're there to show the love of jesus, we're just wasting our time." I was floored by that statement. I thought the main reason was to make these people feel some value when they might otherwise feel alone and lonely today. But this also points to a larger fact about Christians. They see no intrinsic value from helping their fellow human. All the supposed "moral" actions they undertake have an ulterior motive (spreading the "good news"). In my view, that makes those actions amoral, not moral. If you help someone just for the sake of helping them without other motivations, that's a moral action.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like dogerdog's post
27-11-2014, 12:31 PM
RE: Happy Thanksgiving
I'm ready to eat, now where did I put that Turkey? Consider

[Image: image002.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post