Happy Thanksgiving my fellow American compatriots

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2016, 11:25 PM
RE: Happy Thanksgiving my fellow American compatriots
(24-11-2016 11:19 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  [Image: a2dd3fd427416ae8030a34cc87aa0b3f.jpg]

I love those movies. Wednesday Addams is a fuckin' boss.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-11-2016, 10:07 PM
(24-11-2016 11:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-11-2016 11:58 AM)SYZ Wrote:  I do note however that Lincoln said it was to be a national day of "Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens". How does this fit with all the atheists here? Will you ignore the holiday, and go to work as usual? And if you don't, couldn't this be seen as the ultimate atheist hypocrisy by Christians?

Aw Christ man. Who cares what the excuse is? It's just a holiday. You telling me you'd rather go to work on Christmas day than take time out with the family?

LOL... my family are all boring as shit. Why would I wanna see them on one more day of the year than is absolutely necessary? And yes; I was a self-employed contractor, so all of the five fucking Christian public holidays in Oz cost me serious dollars—which workers on salary or wages don't lose.

At any rate, why should atheists be discriminated against and/or lose money because of yet another religion-based holiday? How's about we create an "International Atheist Day" public holiday, and force the Christians to lose money?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
25-11-2016, 11:12 PM
I hope y'all have plenty for which to be grateful. I do, and I am.
26-11-2016, 07:49 AM
(25-11-2016 10:07 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(24-11-2016 11:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  Aw Christ man. Who cares what the excuse is? It's just a holiday. You telling me you'd rather go to work on Christmas day than take time out with the family?

LOL... my family are all boring as shit. Why would I wanna see them on one more day of the year than is absolutely necessary? And yes; I was a self-employed contractor, so all of the five fucking Christian public holidays in Oz cost me serious dollars—which workers on salary or wages don't lose.

At any rate, why should atheists be discriminated against and/or lose money because of yet another religion-based holiday? How's about we create an "International Atheist Day" public holiday, and force the Christians to lose money?

Knock yourself out mate. I'm very happy to ignore the origins of the holiday and enjoy it all the same.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post