Happy Yanksgiving.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Happy Yanksgiving.
In a couple of days the Yankees celebrate the massacre of First Nations people's by eating turkey. Smile
Seriously though enjoy the holiday..
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
25-11-2014, 05:39 PM
RE: Happy Yanksgiving.
I for one cannot wait till I sink my teeth into sum mashed potatoes and turkey gravy.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
25-11-2014, 05:42 PM
Thanksgiving in this house has nothing to do with history and everything to do with awesome turkey gravy - and anything that one can pour the gravy over. And spicy pumpkin pie. Drooling

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-11-2014, 06:07 PM
(25-11-2014 12:52 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  In a couple of days the Yankees celebrate the massacre of First Nations people's by eating turkey. Smile

They slaughtered natives and to commemorate this, they slaughter turkeys.

From this we can tell that the first Americans were cannibals as the tradition of eating their slaughter has too passed down in the commemoration.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-11-2014, 06:08 PM
Err... It's called ThanksTaking... I'd hope you get that correct and not offend in the future. Drinking Beverage

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
25-11-2014, 06:13 PM
(25-11-2014 06:07 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 12:52 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  In a couple of days the Yankees celebrate the massacre of First Nations people's by eating turkey. Smile

They slaughtered natives and to commemorate this, they slaughter turkeys.

From this we can tell that the first Americans were cannibals as the tradition of eating their slaughter has too passed down in the commemoration.

Oh free thought, can we not bring facts like that into this.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-11-2014, 06:36 PM
From Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Quote:Spike: I just can't take all this mamby-pamby boo-hooing about the bloody Indians.
Willow: Uh, the preferred term is...
Spike: You won. All right? You came in and you killed them and you took their land. That's what conquering nations do. It's what Caesar did, and he's not goin' around saying, "I came, I conquered, I felt really bad about it." The history of the world is not people making friends. You had better weapons, and you massacred them. End of story.

Ever so bluntly it gets to the point.
What's done is done all you can do now is enjoy Thanksgiving for the togetherness of family and friends with great food. Holidays are what we make of them.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 3 users Like grizzlysnake's post
25-11-2014, 06:38 PM
I get the rest of the week off, so I don't care how many natives died for it Happy Thanksgiving, indeed! Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
25-11-2014, 06:46 PM
I've never actually learned what Thanks Giving is all about...

The name screams religion to me, but I don't actually know anything about it.

Do Americans have a turkey dinner on Christmas day too?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-11-2014, 06:49 PM
(25-11-2014 06:38 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I get the rest of the week off, so I don't care how many natives died for it Happy Thanksgiving, indeed! Big Grin

I want to like this.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube