Happy Yanksgiving.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: Happy Yanksgiving.
(25-11-2014 06:46 PM)Sam Wrote:  I've never actually learned what Thanks Giving is all about...

The name screams religion to me, but I don't actually know anything about it.

Do Americans have a turkey dinner on Christmas day too?

I think it varies greatly. I know with my family we do eggs, bacon, and pancakes after opening presents in the morning on Christmas.

Thanksgiving, that's all about he turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, fresh bread, sweet corn, deviled eggs, green bean casserole, gravy, pie Drooling

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
25-11-2014, 06:52 PM
(25-11-2014 06:49 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 06:38 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I get the rest of the week off, so I don't care how many natives died for it Happy Thanksgiving, indeed! Big Grin

I want to like this.

Dark humor detector broken? Tongue
Kidding, obviously! Shy

25-11-2014, 06:57 PM
My favorite Yanksgiving video clip.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
25-11-2014, 06:58 PM
(25-11-2014 12:52 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  In a couple of days the Yankees celebrate the massacre of First Nations people's by eating turkey. Smile
Seriously though enjoy the holiday..

Kickapoo here. We got their ass back at Roanoke for bringing us smallpox and booze. Let us introduce you to salmonella. No no really, the bird tastes best raw.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-11-2014, 07:01 PM
(25-11-2014 06:46 PM)Sam Wrote:  I've never actually learned what Thanks Giving is all about...

The name screams religion to me, but I don't actually know anything about it.

Do Americans have a turkey dinner on Christmas day too?

Turkey is just traditional for Thanksgiving which is a secular holiday. As I said, people want to make holidays their own and sometimes subscribe religious overtones. In my family we wait to eat after my cousin says grace, I just look over the table. The only thing religious about that is "Amen" at the end. Nothing can spoil this meal, you won't believe the spread we have, my aunt is an amazing cook! Drooling
Christmas dinner anything goes, we usually have roast beef as the main dish and we all know Christmas is all about the presents. Thumbsup

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
25-11-2014, 07:02 PM
(25-11-2014 06:52 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 06:49 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I want to like this.

Dark humor detector broken? Tongue
Kidding, obviously! Shy

He's at 999 likes given, and won't hand out number 1,000. So now when he really likes something, he comments how much he wishes he could like certain posts Rolleyes

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
25-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Thanksgiving of 2009 seriously seemed like it may be my last Thanksgiving. Ima gonna be thankful that I am still around. And, that I will have guests to enjoy the best meal I make.

I don't really do much for Christmas...my holiday season runs from Halloween through Thanksgiving.

Oh, and I am going to a concert on Friday - no black Friday crap for me. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
25-11-2014, 07:06 PM
(25-11-2014 07:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Thanksgiving of 2009 seriously seemed like it may be my last Thanksgiving. Ima gonna be thankful that I am still around. And, that I will have guests to enjoy the best meal I make.

I don't really do much for Christmas...my holiday season runs from Halloween through Thanksgiving.

Oh, and I am going to a concert on Friday - no black Friday crap for me. Big Grin

What concert?

25-11-2014, 07:09 PM
(25-11-2014 07:06 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 07:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Thanksgiving of 2009 seriously seemed like it may be my last Thanksgiving. Ima gonna be thankful that I am still around. And, that I will have guests to enjoy the best meal I make.

What concert?

Blue October at the House of Blues - they are there two nights and are filming a new DVD. They always amp it up when they are in TX and the DVD filming should really have them rocking! I can't wait....

[Image: excited-baby.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
25-11-2014, 07:12 PM
(25-11-2014 06:13 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 06:07 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  They slaughtered natives and to commemorate this, they slaughter turkeys.

From this we can tell that the first Americans were cannibals as the tradition of eating their slaughter has too passed down in the commemoration.

Oh free thought, can we not bring facts like that into this.

The facts must be heard!
Hobo

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.