Happy Yanksgiving.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: Happy Yanksgiving.
(25-11-2014 07:01 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 06:46 PM)Sam Wrote:  I've never actually learned what Thanks Giving is all about...

The name screams religion to me, but I don't actually know anything about it.

Do Americans have a turkey dinner on Christmas day too?

Turkey is just traditional for Thanksgiving which is a secular holiday. As I said, people want to make holidays their own and sometimes subscribe religious overtones. In my family we wait to eat after my cousin says grace, I just look over the table. The only thing religious about that is "Amen" at the end. Nothing can spoil this meal, you won't believe the spread we have, my aunt is an amazing cook! Drooling
Christmas dinner anything goes, we usually have roast beef as the main dish and we all know Christmas is all about the presents. Thumbsup

That's interesting... Because in Britain, Christmas dinner is all about turkey. Obviously it varies, but it's traditional to have a full roast dinner on Christmas day, while watching the Great Escape.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2014, 07:14 PM
(25-11-2014 07:02 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 06:52 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Dark humor detector broken? Tongue
Kidding, obviously! Shy

He's at 999 likes given, and won't hand out number 1,000. So now when he really likes something, he comments how much he wishes he could like certain posts Rolleyes

She is right you know.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
25-11-2014, 07:17 PM
(25-11-2014 07:02 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  He's at 999 likes given

Weak.

Drinking Beverage

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-11-2014, 07:21 PM
(25-11-2014 07:17 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 07:02 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  He's at 999 likes given

Weak.

Drinking Beverage

Seeing as the point is that I won't give my 1,000 one is the joke.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-11-2014, 07:22 PM
I usually have my personal slaves cook me dinner to celebrate the deaths of all the natives I slaughtered.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
25-11-2014, 07:26 PM
(25-11-2014 07:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 07:06 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  What concert?

Blue October at the House of Blues - they are there two nights and are filming a new DVD. They always amp it up when they are in TX and the DVD filming should really have them rocking! I can't wait....

[Image: excited-baby.gif]

Awesome Banana_zorro Big Grin
I'm just hoping to find a good excuse to get out of the family get-together without sounding like an ass! Laugh out load Arkansas ain't down the street ya know! They could come up HERE for once! Dodgy

25-11-2014, 07:27 PM
(25-11-2014 06:46 PM)Sam Wrote:  I've never actually learned what Thanks Giving is all about...

The name screams religion to me, but I don't actually know anything about it.

Do Americans have a turkey dinner on Christmas day too?

Our family does turkey for thanksgiving. Ham and duck,goose, or quail for Christmas. Although, we are talking about maybe doing a crown roast for Christmas this year. I'm pissed about missing every thanksgiving event this year, so I'm making mom plan a time we can do Christmas and go all out with the food. I'm working Thursday through Sunday this week, and I'm working the Christmas holidays, too. I'm soooo pissed. I get compensated $36 extra for working this entire fucking holiday weekend.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
25-11-2014, 07:27 PM
(25-11-2014 07:22 PM)pablo Wrote:  I usually have my personal slaves cook me dinner to celebrate the deaths of all the natives I slaughtered.

So what you're saying is you go over to DLJ's place for Thanksgiving.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-11-2014, 07:30 PM
(25-11-2014 07:13 PM)Sam Wrote:  That's interesting... Because in Britain, Christmas dinner is all about turkey. Obviously it varies, but it's traditional to have a full roast dinner on Christmas day, while watching the Great Escape.

Thought you Limies were into prime rib and Yorkshire pudding. No?

#sigh
26-11-2014, 05:24 AM
OH.....that's what you meant by "YANKSgiving."

.....I was assuming it had more to do with the whole yanking the turkey deal.

[Image: giphy.gif]