Happy but a little sad too

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2017, 02:17 PM
RE: Happy but a little sad too
Thank's for all your replies, still trying to work out how to quote multiple posts Smile I definitely won't be chasing the old lady around naked (3 other kids still at home) but you are right about the party, it's Friday night Big Grin

Get your own bleeding hymn book
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thedemonbarber's post
06-09-2017, 07:14 PM
Just got mine off yesterday to the dorm for his sophomore year. The first few days are definitely weird. There's the exhilaration of, hey, I'm home alone with my husband but at the same time the feeling of missing my son camped out in the living room doing stuff (and also wondering how to shift back to being a duo instead of a trio).

I think I'll feel really happy when he gets his own apartment and a real job, but that's partly because it will be a big achievement for him (he's autistic) to be fully independent. And even though the first apartment/job is largely your kid's doing, of course, it's also a kind of management achievement for you guys. You've successfully launched one offspring! You guys deserve a present or a party to celebrate.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
08-09-2017, 07:28 AM
Well, just getting everything ready for tonights big leaving party, then busy over the weekend moving him up to his flat in Lancaster Smile

09-09-2017, 04:05 PM
(06-09-2017 02:17 PM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  Thanks for all your replies, still trying to work out how to quote multiple posts...

To quote multiple posts: There's a little icon near the bottom right-hand corner of each comment field. It's between the "reply" and "report" button...

[Image: postbit_multiquote_on.gif]

Just hit it for each comment you wanna quote, and they'll appear in your response field with appropriate coding already inserted.

Thumbsup

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
09-09-2017, 05:27 PM
(06-09-2017 08:35 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  It's a confusing time, for parents I think, although it should be more happy than not. I'm sure your son won't mind you visiting from time to time, and I'm sure he'll visit you when possible.

I would mention, just double check how he's getting on setting up all his payments and stuff like that. When I moved out, my mum was happy for me, but didn't give the inside scoop on how to handle your finances correctly, (What/who to pay, when to do so, prioritizing your money etc), and I had to find out the hard way haha.

Jesus, I never did figure that shit out. I bumblefucked around by the seat of my pants till I met my wife who did (and does) it for me. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
10-09-2017, 02:12 PM
Well, the leaving party went pretty well except for a couple of close family members not turning up.

I don't understand why some people don't see the importance of certain events, and think it's okay just not to bother with stuff. People are people at the end of the day, but this was a big thing for us and I think that I was justified in telling them to fuck off.

10-09-2017, 02:54 PM
Getting the locks re- keyed can be for his good as well as yours..

If ever you' re burgled, it's great to be able to say to the cops " Nobody" when asked who might have a set of keys..... There are some burglars who can get thru many locks without leaving any obvious evidence of doing so.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
10-09-2017, 03:30 PM
(10-09-2017 02:54 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Getting the locks re- keyed can be for his good as well as yours..

If ever you' re burgled, it's great to be able to say to the cops " Nobody" when asked who might have a set of keys..... There are some burglars who can get thru many locks without leaving any obvious evidence of doing so.

Sounds like you have experience in this field Tongue

10-09-2017, 03:32 PM
My oldest two left home quickly after high school. Both daughters and their teen years were, to say the least, challenging.

My son was home till age 28. It was okay though. He was never a problem and we (husband, son, and I) worked differing shifts so we all had some alone time and we had time that overlapped so sometimes two of us would be here or all three. He worked and saved money to buy a house. He is only two miles away and I see him now and then and we help each other out with things.

The worst for me when he graduated high school. There are nearly 10 years between my oldest and youngest so I had been involved with their school activities for many years...band, cheerleading, baseball, football, etc. When my son graduated all that stopped and I sort of looked around and wondered what I was going to do with my evenings and weekends. I was used to being at a ball field somewhere.

You will develop a new normal for how your household works.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-09-2017, 03:57 PM
Can I also say, you people have helped me over the last few days.. I feel comfortable here so thankyou all Smile