Happy delusional people are better and superior

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2014, 08:56 PM
RE: Happy delusional people are better and superior
(08-08-2014 08:37 PM)Zippo Wrote:  This again?

I think we're up to octuplets. Maybe nontuplets.

Feels like we're playing Whack-a-mole or something.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
08-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Hey guys, want to join me in a new forum game!?

I call it "Spot the Attention Whore"!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
08-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Re: RE: Happy delusional people are better and superior
(08-08-2014 07:37 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  Could someone, for example, quote every paragraph I made and argue your own personal views against them?

Why? You've been making the same threads for 2 months on here.

You repeatedly make statements about superior and better.. Those are value judgments that aren't universal. Not everyone agrees to the same values on what is positive/negative.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
08-08-2014, 10:28 PM
Believe it or not, much of our experiences come from our attitudes about them. If you focus on all the negativity in your life, it's no wonder you feel as you do. Try thinking a bit more positive, and perhaps you will start viewing your life differently. And pleasure doesn't exist in a vacuum. There is joy in everyday life, there is beauty in everyday life. Open your eyes and your mind, and adjust your thinking a bit. If you are chronically depressed, I'd seek medical attention because despite our best efforts at times, sometimes we need further help.

Either way, hang in there. Smile

Be true to yourself. Heart
09-08-2014, 01:40 AM
(08-08-2014 07:37 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  Could someone, for example, quote every paragraph I made and argue your own personal views against them?

No. Fuck you, fuck the only thought your capable of, and go fucking play helicopter off the edge of a skyscraper you ignorant junkie.
09-08-2014, 05:48 AM
Have no idea what you wrote. I have you on ignore. Just wanted you to know all your delusional crap can remain in your head. You don't need to puke all that mess here.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
09-08-2014, 10:11 AM
(08-08-2014 08:09 PM)Nurse Wrote:  They make "happy pills" for this. Prozac for example.

I "get it", it sucks to figure out God isn't real and that, no, Jesus DOESNT love you. That's how I came upon this place. But you need more help than just a little bit of humor and stimulating conversation. You're so delusional you can't see the forest through the trees.

Your emotional numbness may be a sign of clinical depression (not diagnosing you - but if it quacks like a duck...). Depression doesn't always mean you feel "sad." Instead of repeatedly posting similar topics on an online forum, go talk to a mental health professional. Think of it as two people sitting having a conversation where you get to talk about yourself and get some valuable insight. This is not the proper setting or replacement for therapy. Please get help.

And please don't glorify psychopaths (the proper terminology is now Antisocial Personality Disorder). There are some that may see that as a sign of encouragement for very disturbing, harmful behavior.
Really? But I'm pretty anti-social. I don't really like people. Does that make me a psychopath? I mean I don't think I am but would I know?
09-08-2014, 11:19 AM

Already done multiple times, why should anybody continue to extend the courtesy to you when you haven't bothered to act like a human being who modifies arguments and introduces new ones on different topics? Instead, you act like a broken record left out to discordantly spin on your axis for longer than anybody wishes to listen to.

Go get real help, stop posting text walls on this forum and others which drivel on about the exact same points over and over again.

[Image: giphy.gif]
09-08-2014, 11:48 AM
(09-08-2014 10:11 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 08:09 PM)Nurse Wrote:  They make "happy pills" for this. Prozac for example.

I "get it", it sucks to figure out God isn't real and that, no, Jesus DOESNT love you. That's how I came upon this place. But you need more help than just a little bit of humor and stimulating conversation. You're so delusional you can't see the forest through the trees.

Your emotional numbness may be a sign of clinical depression (not diagnosing you - but if it quacks like a duck...). Depression doesn't always mean you feel "sad." Instead of repeatedly posting similar topics on an online forum, go talk to a mental health professional. Think of it as two people sitting having a conversation where you get to talk about yourself and get some valuable insight. This is not the proper setting or replacement for therapy. Please get help.

And please don't glorify psychopaths (the proper terminology is now Antisocial Personality Disorder). There are some that may see that as a sign of encouragement for very disturbing, harmful behavior.
Really? But I'm pretty anti-social. I don't really like people. Does that make me a psychopath? I mean I don't think I am but would I know?

"Antisocial" such as being introverted is not the same thing as antisocial personality disorder.
Yes, you would probably know if you were. If we're talking behaviors of sociopaths - manipulation of others is a good description. No conscience or empathy for others I.e. no guilt feelings. Is every sociopath a BTK killer? No. There is also some discussion about there being a spectrum - kinda like autism. Some are higher functioning and others are not. Several in my family would fall into the higher functioning category. If you were a sociopath, how would the online social interaction TTA benefit you? Just because you don't like people and have blunted feelings doesn't make you a sociopath (psychopath, however you want to word it is irrelevant - it's not used in diagnoses).

Take me for example. Am I a sociopath? No.(although if I were I'd vehemently deny it unless it were a means to an end). I have blunted emotions, but that's more from PTSD as a result of a fucked up childhood (I was a VERY empathic child). I get great pleasure from helping others, not hurting them.

Kinda basic, but here's the criteria for APD, of which I have difficulty planning ahead and can be irritable and angry, but that's most people:
"Symptoms of Antisocial Personality Disorder
Antisocial personality disorder is diagnosed when a person’s pattern of antisocial behavior has occurred since age 15 (although only adults 18 years or older can be diagnosed with this disorder) and consists of the majority of these symptoms:

Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest
Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead
Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
Reckless disregard for safety of self or others
Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations
Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another"

Throw in ideation of things such as...oh, I dunno, necrophilia and stalking behavior, and you have a VERY dangerous individual. Not just someone who is socially retarded.

http://psychcentral.com/disorders/antiso...-symptoms/

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
09-08-2014, 12:05 PM
Same shit, different thread. Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post