Happy nation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2017, 05:20 AM
Happy nation
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-39325206

Tired of the looney bin called American politics? Looking for change? Time to jump ship?

Then look to Norway. With its high level of social mobility, social security, public health, low levels of crime, even distribution of income and equal opportunity, the american dream is something that is actually achieveable in Norway, but not very likely to happen in your own Pastor ridden and Godforsaken nation.

What about 12 months of fully paid maternity leave, and kindergarten to every child? Free public health? Free acsess to college- and university education? Think about it...

Tongue

The one, true, and real Harvey

Bene vixit, bene qui latuit
René Descartes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Harvey's post
21-03-2017, 05:26 AM
RE: Happy nation
Ancestors on my mothers side came from Norway so it could work. Consider

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
21-03-2017, 08:26 AM
Denmark was the happiest country for several years before these pesky Norwegians overtook us this year. This means war! At least it wasn't the Swedes. Our old nemesis.
(Both Norway and Sweden are amazing countries that I love visiting. But alcohol prices are incredibly insane! Which is hard for us vikings to live with.).

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
[+] 2 users Like LadyDay's post
21-03-2017, 09:14 AM
(21-03-2017 05:26 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Ancestors on my mothers side came from Norway so it could work. Consider

Both maternal grandparents emigrated to Canada from Norway in the early 1900s, so I have a reasonable chance, too. However, I'm actually Old Norse at heart and am more interested in moving to Iceland.

Failing that, I think Canada (also high on the list) should figure out what Norway has that we don't yet have, and duplicate it here. In particular, free post-secondary education would be awesome.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
21-03-2017, 10:21 AM
(21-03-2017 08:26 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  Denmark was the happiest country for several years before these pesky Norwegians overtook us this year. This means war!

Please reconsider. Take into account that war may very well decrease the level of happiness of both nations! And where would you go skiing and trekking and climbing if you were to bomb us flat beforehand?

(21-03-2017 09:14 AM)Astreja Wrote:  Both maternal grandparents emigrated to Canada from Norway in the early 1900s, so I have a reasonable chance, too. However, I'm actually Old Norse at heart and am more interested in moving to Iceland.

Whatever the question is, Iceland is probably a good answer!

The one, true, and real Harvey

Bene vixit, bene qui latuit
René Descartes
[+] 1 user Likes Harvey's post
21-03-2017, 10:42 AM
(21-03-2017 10:21 AM)Harvey Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 08:26 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  Denmark was the happiest country for several years before these pesky Norwegians overtook us this year. This means war!

Please reconsider. Take into account that war may very well decrease the level of happiness of both nations! And where would you go skiing and trekking and climbing if you were to bomb us flat beforehand?

Okay, probably better settled over a beer Big Grin

Also, as an argument for not starting a war, my boyfriend and I do travel to northern Norway every year for the cold, snow, northern lights, cross country skiing etc. Actually, thinking about that, Norway may well be the happiest country. For good reason. You have skiing! We'll just keep bringing alcoholic beverages with us from home when we visit. Thumbsup

Fedt at se en Nordmand på forummet!

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
21-03-2017, 11:28 AM
(21-03-2017 08:26 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  Denmark was the happiest country for several years before these pesky Norwegians overtook us this year. This means war! At least it wasn't the Swedes. Our old nemesis.

Can you imagine the competitions to be the happiest?!

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin