Harambe the Gorilla

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2016, 12:43 AM
RE: Harambe the Gorilla
RS, dead human kid = lawsuits as long as your arm. Plus tragedy. There was no happy way outta this for zoo authorities. They definitely fucked up, that the kid could get into the enclosure. Once he was in the rest ... kinda they had no choice. Can you imagine if they didn't shoot and the kid was killed in front of everyone there, how having the ability to act and not doing so would have looked in a court of law? They'd be lucky not to be lynched on the spot.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
03-06-2016, 05:27 AM
(02-06-2016 07:55 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I'm sure all of you have already seen the story of the gorilla, Harambe, who was killed after a child snuck into his enclosure and fell into the moat. I don't mean to spark a debate about the "should we or shouldn't we have killed the endangered gorilla" question, which has apparently been raging throughout the rest of the internet.

No, I post this because my mother and a few other fundamentalists in my family and social circles from back home in Louisiana posted this article by a Louisiana preacher about it, called "Harambe Wasn't Made In God's Image".

I consider it an example of how Creationism poisons the minds of humans. It was all I could do not to explode at my own mother for endorsing it, so I came here to vent, instead.

(If y'all want to know my personal opinion on it, I'm astounded the zoo's experts reached for bullets over tranquilizer darts, rather than using bullets as the backup plan in case the tranqs failed or the gorilla actually made a violent move toward the child, since every aspect of the gorilla's behavior--including dragging the child through the water by his ankle--was exactly the same way a gorilla male will act when protecting baby gorillas from threats. All the humans were shrieking and shouting, and the gorilla clearly considered them a threat to the boy, whom he kept trying to hide from their shrieks-- I suspect Harambe's last thoughts were to wonder why the tribe of bipedal chimpanzees was wanting to kill the youngling.)

Here's the entire point of the article:

Quote:What should outrage and sadden us more than that is our own sin because Jesus Christ did not deserve to die, and yet He did on our behalf.

Jeebus toothpaste, just squeeze your religion into everything, even when you shouldn't.

This article indulges another recent pet peeve I have about Christianity. They can't figure out what "sin" is, they talk like it's an ambivalent force as opposed to an individual act. They are constantly conflating it's meaning.

It's a religion based upon a fundamental confusion about a disobedient act.

It's just more fundie dribble, my mom made a comment on a post on Facebook by my wife the other day that the only value we have is how god views us. That is seriously fucked up!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
03-06-2016, 05:33 AM
(03-06-2016 12:43 AM)morondog Wrote:  RS, dead human kid = lawsuits as long as your arm. Plus tragedy. There was no happy way outta this for zoo authorities. They definitely fucked up, that the kid could get into the enclosure. Once he was in the rest ... kinda they had no choice. Can you imagine if they didn't shoot and the kid was killed in front of everyone there, how having the ability to act and not doing so would have looked in a court of law? They'd be lucky not to be lynched on the spot.

Also, what the fuck was the mother (not) doing? You are in a zoo, that is a fucking gorilla. It's not your goddamn house, keep your stupid piece of shit kid in line.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-06-2016, 05:37 AM
(03-06-2016 05:33 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-06-2016 12:43 AM)morondog Wrote:  RS, dead human kid = lawsuits as long as your arm. Plus tragedy. There was no happy way outta this for zoo authorities. They definitely fucked up, that the kid could get into the enclosure. Once he was in the rest ... kinda they had no choice. Can you imagine if they didn't shoot and the kid was killed in front of everyone there, how having the ability to act and not doing so would have looked in a court of law? They'd be lucky not to be lynched on the spot.

Also, what the fuck was the mother (not) doing? You are in a zoo, that is a fucking gorilla. It's not your goddamn house, keep your stupid piece of shit kid in line.

Hmm... I dunno the details enough. But a four year old - TBH I kinda like the kid, from what I've picked up of the story. Takes some guts even as a four year old to climb into a gorilla cage.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
03-06-2016, 05:54 AM
http://www.takepart.com/article/2012/10/...a-poaching
03-06-2016, 08:03 AM
As far as "who sues whom" .... the parent took their kids to a place for an outing that should have been kid-safe.
It wasn't. As I see it, the parents sue the zoo for negligence, and all the harassment that was heaped on them.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
03-06-2016, 08:06 AM
A better outcome would have been - the kid's mom paid attention and kept the kid on his side of the fence - the gorilla ate breakfast - and the zookeeper shot all the lawyers.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
03-06-2016, 08:22 AM
(03-06-2016 08:03 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  As far as "who sues whom" .... the parent took their kids to a place for an outing that should have been kid-safe.
It wasn't. As I see it, the parents sue the zoo for negligence, and all the harassment that was heaped on them.
If somebody jumps a 3 foot tall railing on an overpass, does that mean the railing wasn't high enough? In the few minutes I have before I get to work, I don't have time to find what harambe's enclosure looked like. But there is a difference between safety railing, which stops an accident from happening, and a full gate, which might stop somebody from intentionally entering. From what I've heard/read, the kid intentionally did this. I think the, "you couldn't stop my kid from jumping your fences" is a weak case.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
03-06-2016, 08:24 AM
(03-06-2016 08:06 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A better outcome would have been - the kid's mom paid attention and kept the kid on his side of the fence - the gorilla ate breakfast - and the zookeeper shot all the lawyers.......

Yes. But this was inevitable. If not this kid, some other would have done something similar. Any normal zoo has walking "security audits" and insurance inspectors etc etc etc. The zoo screwed up. It didn't keep the animals safe, or the visitors safe.
There probably is no need for lawyers, but it makes you wonder what else this zoo has messed up on.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
03-06-2016, 09:32 AM
Our ability to commit mass genocide is perfectly aligned with god's image.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results