Harambe the Gorilla

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2016, 07:31 PM
RE: Harambe the Gorilla
Quote:I also agree with Cantor in the sense that if we hadn't cornered a fucking Silverback and invited the general dumbshit public to come harass it there would be no chance of this scenario playing out in the first place.

Do you think zoos should simply provide an artificial habitat completely off limits to the public? That might be a good idea if upkeep can be afforded. I know at some zoos you don't necessarily get to see the animals because they always have the choice to enjoy a sanctuary area away from human eyes.

I feel bad for animals that by nature hunters that don't get to hunt...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2016, 08:05 PM
(03-06-2016 07:31 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:I also agree with Cantor in the sense that if we hadn't cornered a fucking Silverback and invited the general dumbshit public to come harass it there would be no chance of this scenario playing out in the first place.

Do you think zoos should simply provide an artificial habitat completely off limits to the public? That might be a good idea if upkeep can be afforded. I know at some zoos you don't necessarily get to see the animals because they always have the choice to enjoy a sanctuary area away from human eyes.

I feel bad for animals that by nature hunters that don't get to hunt...

I think zoos are just fucking sad. I also think that beautiful creatures being hunted into extinction for nothing more than profit fueled by ignorance is fucking sad, but I don't see zoos as a solution.

I'm simply observing.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
03-06-2016, 08:08 PM

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 5 users Like evenheathen's post
03-06-2016, 09:17 PM
(03-06-2016 07:29 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(03-06-2016 03:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You think toddlers have intent?
I think he was 4, and yes I think he had control over whether or not he did this.

You didn't say anything about whether he had control or not, you said he had intent. Do you think toddlers have intent?

#sigh
03-06-2016, 11:53 PM
(03-06-2016 05:11 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I agree that people who let their pets roam freely are just asking for something (bad) to happen to their pets. I don't agree with killing these pets if they start chasing you.

If I'm attacked, all bets are off.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
04-06-2016, 01:06 AM
(03-06-2016 09:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-06-2016 07:29 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I think he was 4, and yes I think he had control over whether or not he did this.

You didn't say anything about whether he had control or not, you said he had intent. Do you think toddlers have intent?
Honestly I don't understand why you wouldn't think a child of that age would have intent. I mentioned control because his actions are driven by his intentions, and he has control over his actions.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
04-06-2016, 02:00 AM
I know my four-year-old son had intentions, bad intentions, often enough, the little sonofabitch.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
04-06-2016, 09:02 AM
(04-06-2016 02:00 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I know my four-year-old son had intentions, bad intentions, often enough, the little sonofabitch.

Dad?!?
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
04-06-2016, 10:14 AM
(04-06-2016 09:02 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(04-06-2016 02:00 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I know my four-year-old son had intentions, bad intentions, often enough, the little sonofabitch.

Dad?!?

Why, you -- !
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
04-06-2016, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2016 11:27 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
<Double-post deleted>