Hard boiled eggs.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2014, 02:18 AM
Hard boiled eggs.
Love me some hard boiled eggs. I haven't experimented much, but I have found a method I like.

Room temp eggs, at least 4-5 days old. Put them in a pot with water and turn on the heat. As soon as they reach a boil, cover them, turn off the heat and let them sit for a minute. After a minute take them off the burner and let them set for ten minutes covered. After ten minutes is up rinse them repeatedly under the tap to cool off.

The yolk is never grey or overdone, always almost creamy. The only thing is that sometimes they're hard to peel, I haven't figured that part out yet.

I know it sounds strange, but I eat my hard boiled eggs with peanut butter and a dash of Tony Chachere's. Don't knock it til you've tried it motherfucker! Dodgy

Any other good methods for great eggs?

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
21-02-2014, 02:36 AM
RE: Hard boiled eggs.
Remind me never to kiss you.

Yeuch! Rainbow Vomit

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
21-02-2014, 02:41 AM
(21-02-2014 02:36 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Remind me never to kiss you.

Yeuch! Rainbow Vomit

Just loving those new smileys aren't you? Facepalm

You live in cultures with culinary tastes widely different than merican, yet you can't appreciate something as simple as hard boiled eggs and peanut butter? Gasp

Rolleyes

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
21-02-2014, 02:56 AM
(21-02-2014 02:41 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 02:36 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Remind me never to kiss you.

Yeuch! Rainbow Vomit

Just loving those new smileys aren't you? Facepalm

You live in cultures with culinary tastes widely different than merican, yet you can't appreciate something as simple as hard boiled eggs and peanut butter? Gasp

Rolleyes

I've had an aversion to eggs ever since high-chair age when I was violently sick. I have to leave the room if someone is eating an egg sandwich.

Flatmates have been dismissed for less.

I like peanut butter but (as with stale cigarette odour) it's OK on me but someone else's PB aroma is repugnant.

I have no idea what (or who) Tony Chachere consists of but it does not sound like a neutralising odour to me.

I can't stop you abusing yourself in this manner, just don't come anywhere near me, alright?!?!?

21-02-2014, 03:04 AM
(21-02-2014 02:56 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 02:41 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Just loving those new smileys aren't you? Facepalm

Rolleyes

I've had an aversion to eggs ever since high-chair age when I was violently sick. I have to leave the room if someone is eating an egg sandwich.

I like peanut butter but (as with stale cigarette odour) it's OK on me but someone else's PB aroma is repugnant.

I have no idea what (or who) Tony Chachere consists of but it does not sound like a neutralising odour to me.

I can't stop you abusing yourself in this manner, just don't come anywhere near me, alright?!?!?

Okay, considering you've had adverse experiences with both ingredients I can accept your reluctance. I'm sorry to bring up such debilitating memories.

You could have just ignored the post, but now you've ruined my perfect hard boiled egg thread. I hope you're happy. Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
21-02-2014, 03:11 AM
(21-02-2014 03:04 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 02:56 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I've had an aversion to eggs ever since high-chair age when I was violently sick. I have to leave the room if someone is eating an egg sandwich.

Okay, considering you've had adverse experiences with both ingredients I can accept your reluctance. I'm sorry to bring up such debilitating memories.

You could have just ignored the post, but now you've ruined my perfect hard boiled egg thread. I hope you're happy. Dodgy

Delighted.

Just out of interested... does anyone allow you to kiss them after you've eaten that mixture?

And if you say "yes", I'm going to ask for evidence.

Dodgy

21-02-2014, 03:21 AM
I'm not sure that any time I was in "peanut butter and hard boiled egg" mode that I was ever planning on any action. I may perform an experiment now that I have some eggs boiled up and let you know the outcome.

Quote:Just out of interested...

Was that a typo or intended? Great either way.

[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
21-02-2014, 03:51 AM
(21-02-2014 03:21 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  ...
Quote:Just out of interested...

Was that a typo or intended? Great either way.

Gasp I want to pretend to be Cool and say it was deliberate but No Facepalm Weeping

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
21-02-2014, 03:52 AM
I let my eggs boil a good eight minutes. I peel and slice them. Nice on toast with some mayo. Apparently the fresher the egg, the harder it is to peel. I've never tried eggs with peanut butter, might try it next time I have a hangover, sounds like a possible cure.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
21-02-2014, 06:56 AM
I love an omelet, egg sandwich and deviled eggs. Some in Cajun country like boiled eggs with crawfish and gumbo; not my thing, but I tried it.

I cannot entertain the idea of eating an egg with peanut butter, ewe, oh, yuk, up-chuck!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post