Hard boiled eggs.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2014, 10:16 AM
Hard boiled eggs.
So good. All you need is salt and pepper and BAM, you got yourself a delicious protein (and cholesterol) filled snack. Not to mention that Deviled eggs are one of the most amazing things ever.

I make my hard boiled eggs by putting the eggs in a pot of cold water (an inch of water over the eggs) and then heating the pot over medium-high until it boils. Once it boils I remove from heat, cover for at least 15 minutes, and that's all!

I have them so rarely, that I often forget how delicious they are. Easter will be good next year!! Big Grin.

That is all.

Hard Boiled Eggs ... Bowing
Drooling

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Adrianime's post
28-07-2014, 03:50 PM
RE: Hard boiled eggs.
I would disagree about deviled eggs (mayonnaise -- yuk!), but hard-boiled eggs in general, yes! I eat a hard-boiled egg just about every day (ever since my doctor recommended protein snacks over carb snacks -- because I'm diabetic).

I cook 'em about the same way, except that my cookbook says to leave the heat on after the water boils, but to reduce it to just below boiling, and then simmer for 15 minutes. So that's what I do, and it seems to work well. I boil a dozen at a time, then put 'em in the fridge, and I'm good for almost two weeks.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
28-07-2014, 04:05 PM
Mayonnaise is the closest thing to god that I've ever experienced!

haha

Yeah protein generally is much better than carbs (aka sugars), unless you have a specific health issues that tell you to limit your animal protein. This week I boiled 6 eggs for my breakfast snack...but it isn't enough! I need something extra in the morning. Trying not to eat too much fruit either (2 pieces a day usually) because of all the sugar in the fruits I like. Maybe I should just start eating tomatoes (still a fruit, but little sugar!) and hard boiled eggs for breakfast haha (I wouldn't mix them). Probably sounds gross, but I would consider that delicious! Problem is tomatoes are effing expensive and a bit time consuming to prepare on a daily basis.

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
28-07-2014, 04:40 PM
I hard boil a dozen eggs every week or so...the perfect thing for eating on the go!

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-07-2014, 10:19 AM
Do you guys peel your hardboiled eggs in a batch before you eat them? Or do you peel them as you eat them? Do they spoil faster if peeled and then refrigerated?

29-07-2014, 10:50 AM
(29-07-2014 10:19 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Do you guys peel your hardboiled eggs in a batch before you eat them? Or do you peel them as you eat them? Do they spoil faster if peeled and then refrigerated?

I only ever eat one at a time, and I peel it right before I eat it. I also soak it in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes before peeling and eating it, because a warm hard-boiled egg is better than a cold one.
29-07-2014, 10:53 AM
You cook them differently than me. I put them in a pot of cold water, bring them to a rolling boil and once its there I set the timer for 6 minutes.....

This is making me hungry. Big Grin

The Out Crowd.
29-07-2014, 10:57 AM
[Image: exbattery_hens_Emmeline.JPG]

"You do what with undeveloped hen fetuses?"

Big Grin

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
29-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Booo bemore Tongue

29-07-2014, 11:05 AM
(29-07-2014 10:57 AM)bemore Wrote:  [Image: exbattery_hens_Emmeline.JPG]

"You do what with undeveloped hen fetuses?"

Big Grin

Most people don't eat fertilized eggs Wink Unless you are talking about Belut. Which is highly popular in some parts of the world.

[Image: eating_balut.jpg]

The Out Crowd.