Harriet Tubman to replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-04-2016, 09:29 PM
RE: Harriet Tubman to replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill
(20-04-2016 02:04 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 12:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I always thought the expression was "Queer as a two dollar bill" ?
I should know. Weeping

Angel

Queer as a $3 bill is the way I heard it. In those days, "queer" didn't have the gay connotation tacked onto it.
At one time "queer" was slang for "counterfeit," thus the phrase "queer as a $3 bill."

Sapere aude
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
20-04-2016, 10:24 PM
(20-04-2016 12:30 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I hear Richard Simmons is going to be on the $3 bill.

Smartass

I hear he's just going....

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-04-2016, 10:56 AM
I am a little upset about it, not angry but disappointed. There are way better people they could had used to replace Jackson. Truman would had been great! FDR would be the best choice in my opinion. Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King Jr to name just a few.

It feels like they are only doing it because it's some sort of current edgy politically correct thing to do.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
21-04-2016, 11:17 AM
(21-04-2016 10:56 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  It feels like they are only doing it because it's some sort of current edgy politically correct thing to do.

Funny, that's what Trump said.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
21-04-2016, 12:00 PM
(20-04-2016 12:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 12:30 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I hear Richard Simmons is going to be on the $3 bill.

Smartass

I always thought the expression was "Queer as a two dollar bill" ?
I should know. Weeping

Angel

I once made a lamp shade out of $2 bills. One cylinder of plexiglas, glue the bills on and put another over that one. Seal the whole thing. 30 dollars worth of $2 bills, but it looked very cool with the light was on.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-04-2016, 12:16 PM
There's this amazing, amazing artist that takes one dollar bills and carefully slices them up into tiny pieces and makes "paintings" out of them. His name is Mark Wagner.

[Image: currency-8.jpg]

[Image: Currency-Collages-2.jpg]

[Image: mark-wagner-designboom-818-02.jpg]

He might use 100 one dollar bills to make a painting but he sells them for several thousand dollars each. Some people collect his stuff.

Awww, one more. Why not.

[Image: Currency-Collages-5.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
21-04-2016, 06:51 PM
Tubman was, in my view, a much better choice than Rosa Parks. MLK would be a good choice but I suspect they wanted a woman.

I have no issue with this decision at all. Harriet Tubman is as much a part of American history as Andrew Jackson, but without the genocidal legacy. It's about time people who were historically marginalized got recognition. If that's catering to political correctness, then so be it.

The U.S.is more than a history of rich white guys. Recognizing and celebrating that is long over due.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
21-04-2016, 07:44 PM
(20-04-2016 09:29 PM)f stop Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 02:04 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Queer as a $3 bill is the way I heard it. In those days, "queer" didn't have the gay connotation tacked onto it.
At one time "queer" was slang for "counterfeit," thus the phrase "queer as a $3 bill."

It meant odd, different, unusual or not quite right.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
21-04-2016, 08:17 PM
(21-04-2016 07:44 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 09:29 PM)f stop Wrote:  At one time "queer" was slang for "counterfeit," thus the phrase "queer as a $3 bill."

It meant odd, different, unusual or not quite right.

Yes In fact, the term back many years ago was "dafty", a term applied to James Clerk Maxwell, basically the inventor of electromagnetic theory. Kids used to heckle him for his smartz.

Heatheness, it's nice that you have a job and all, but I miss your posts during the day!
21-04-2016, 11:56 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2016 12:11 AM by Shadow Fox.)
(21-04-2016 11:17 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 10:56 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  It feels like they are only doing it because it's some sort of current edgy politically correct thing to do.

Funny, that's what Trump said.

Really?, well I dunno, it just feels like there could had been a better choice, I would not think twice about it if she was on the back of the bill an...Blink wait a minute...Consider...know what...I am not deleting what I already wrote...Just gonna stop...MLK or FDR would had been a better choice IMO for the Front of the Bill. Heck, maybe even Truman or Rosa Parks...Rosa looks better than Tubman and would just look a lot better on the bill.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ