Harvey the Hurricane Hawk

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2017, 02:02 PM
Harvey the Hurricane Hawk
This taxi cab driver was surprised when a Cooper's Hawk flew in seeking refuge from the oncoming storm in Texas. The taxi cab driver ultimately let the hawk hunker down in his home during the storm and turned the bird over to The Wildlife Refuge Center in Houston, which later confirmed that the hawk was injured and would not have survived the storm. In the last video, you will see that Harvey the Hurricane Hawk is on the way to a full recovery.

Oh, and there are probably close to a dozen videos on Harvey if you want to watch more.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like Aliza's post
10-09-2017, 02:08 PM
RE: Harvey the Hurricane Hawk
Pic of vid #2....

I suddenly want a hawk of my own Blush

An attack hawk to guard my liquor cabinet! Evil_monster

[+] 4 users Like TheGulegon's post
10-09-2017, 02:15 PM
I love the happy ending, but why didn't the guy figure out the bird was injured? Duhhhhhhh.
Also, his apartment is like Texas personified.

We have a Cooper's hawk that passes by from time to time, and makes a meal out of one of our feeder birds. Such a stunning bird to see up close Smile

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
10-09-2017, 03:29 PM
(10-09-2017 02:02 PM)Aliza Wrote:  This taxi cab driver was surprised when a Cooper's Hawk flew in seeking refuge from the oncoming storm in Texas. The taxi cab driver ultimately let the hawk hunker down in his home during the storm and turned the bird over to The Wildlife Refuge Center in Houston, which later confirmed that the hawk was injured and would not have survived the storm. In the last video, you will see that Harvey the Hurricane Hawk is on the way to a full recovery.

I hope that our robot overlords will consider our rare considerate treatment of other species more than our otherwise nearly universal inconsideration of other species when deciding our final dispensation. I hope they will make me a pet with access to their liquor cabinet.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-09-2017, 05:19 PM
(10-09-2017 02:15 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I love the happy ending, but why didn't the guy figure out the bird was injured? Duhhhhhhh.

We have a Cooper's hawk that passes by from time to time, and makes a meal out of one of our feeder birds. Such a stunning bird to see up close Smile

Head trauma isn't easily Dx'd. Especially if you're in Texas and it's just one of those things there. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2017, 05:27 PM
(10-09-2017 05:19 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 02:15 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I love the happy ending, but why didn't the guy figure out the bird was injured? Duhhhhhhh.

Head trauma isn't easily Dx'd. Especially if you're in Texas and it's just one of those things there. Drinking Beverage

The bird looked like she had a concussion or something. She looked confused and drunk, poor little thing.
10-09-2017, 05:28 PM
(10-09-2017 05:27 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 05:19 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Head trauma isn't easily Dx'd. Especially if you're in Texas and it's just one of those things there. Drinking Beverage

The bird looked like she had a concussion or something. She looked confused and drunk, poor little thing.

Broken tail feather?

#sigh
10-09-2017, 05:56 PM
(10-09-2017 05:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 05:27 PM)Aliza Wrote:  The bird looked like she had a concussion or something. She looked confused and drunk, poor little thing.

Broken tail feather?

In the last video they said the tail was wrapped for transport so that the feathers didn't get broken if she flailed around in the box they were putting her in.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
10-09-2017, 05:58 PM
That bird's got a decent liqueur cabinet.
[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
10-09-2017, 06:20 PM
(10-09-2017 05:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 05:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Broken tail feather?

In the last video they said the tail was wrapped for transport so that the feathers didn't get broken if she flailed around in the box they were putting her in.

Shell-shocked then. Dude looks shell-shocked. "THE THINGS I'VE SEEN! DRIVE! NOW!"

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post