Has America created a dictatorship?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2014, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2014 02:41 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Has America created a dictatorship?
(24-12-2014 10:44 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  The fact is, and you can research this, white people make up about 39% of welfare recipients.

It's generally considered proper etiquette to cite your sources when presenting statistics so we know you're not just pulling numbers out of your ass. My research indicates that whites make up about 32%, blacks make up 32% and Hispanic/other make up 30%. I would also note that the number of recipients who are children outweigh the number of adults 3:1. Lazy fucking kids. Characteristics and Financial Circumstances of TANF Recipients, Fiscal Year 2010

Cite your sources and I'll give them my own look.

(24-12-2014 02:07 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  BTW, P10mm has actually posted some data, I wonder if you will do the same or just keep calling him a racist in an attempt to dismiss him.

Without citation. That's kinda like the unforgivable sin in any research community. Not like I would expect you to know that though.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-12-2014, 02:40 PM
(24-12-2014 02:07 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Oh, great, anecdotes. To quote EK's pic:

I doubt you even read it. Dodgy

If you've been following the discussion, the data is in the Sociology books. There is nothing I can post here that will convince you or Patriot (obviously). The subject is far too complicated. My example was stated as just that. It's purpose was only to illustrate why a complete understanding of the subject is vitally important before making a judgment and maybe spark an interest in actually researching to see whether what I said is accurate.

(24-12-2014 02:07 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  BTW, P10mm has actually posted some data, I wonder if you will do the same or just keep calling him a racist in an attempt to dismiss him.

Where did I call him racist? You're either lying deliberately or you have reading comprehension issues.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 5 users Like Impulse's post
24-12-2014, 03:03 PM
(24-12-2014 02:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 10:44 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  The fact is, and you can research this, white people make up about 39% of welfare recipients.

It's generally considered proper etiquette to cite your sources when presenting statistics so we know you're not just pulling numbers out of your ass. My research indicates that whites make up about 32%, blacks make up 32% and Hispanic/other make up 30%. I would also note that the number of recipients who are children outweigh the number of adults 3:1. Lazy fucking kids. Characteristics and Financial Circumstances of TANF Recipients, Fiscal Year 2010

Without citation. That's kinda like the unforgivable sin in any research community. Not like I would expect you to know that though.

TANF is food stamps, not actual welfare. I got the welfare statistics here: http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

Death is a debt we all must pay.
24-12-2014, 03:04 PM
(24-12-2014 03:03 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 02:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's generally considered proper etiquette to cite your sources when presenting statistics so we know you're not just pulling numbers out of your ass. My research indicates that whites make up about 32%, blacks make up 32% and Hispanic/other make up 30%. I would also note that the number of recipients who are children outweigh the number of adults 3:1. Lazy fucking kids. Characteristics and Financial Circumstances of TANF Recipients, Fiscal Year 2010

TANF is food stamps, not actual welfare. I got the welfare statistics here: http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

Thanks. I'll give it a read.

#sigh
24-12-2014, 03:07 PM
(24-12-2014 02:40 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Where did I call him racist? You're either lying deliberately or you have reading comprehension issues.

Ol Pubic Lice has gone full potato since about a week ago. Whiny little git Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-12-2014, 03:11 PM
(24-12-2014 03:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 03:03 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  TANF is food stamps, not actual welfare. I got the welfare statistics here: http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

Thanks. I'll give it a read.

To correct my earlier post, TANF is the name for the federal welfare program, not food stamps. Food stamps is SNAP. I got the two confused.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
24-12-2014, 03:13 PM
(24-12-2014 03:07 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 02:40 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Where did I call him racist? You're either lying deliberately or you have reading comprehension issues.

Ol Pubic Lice has gone full potato since about a week ago. Whiny little git Dodgy

How fucking creative of you.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
24-12-2014, 03:38 PM
(24-12-2014 02:07 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 01:23 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Here's an attempt to illustrate (and I probably won't do this justice). Keep in mind, this is about a specific group of blacks, not all blacks.

A black woman has 3 or 4 kids. The father is nowhere in the picture anymore. The woman works 2 or 3 jobs because none of them pay very well. She never finished high school so these jobs are all she can get. While she's working, if she's lucky, a relative watches the kids. Or, more likely at least when the kids are older, no one is watching the kids. The kids don't get the proper attention and support at home with anything from help with schoolwork to moral guidance to resolving personal problems or dealing with a sickness. They may not grow up with the same sense of being valued that kids do in more economically stable families. The kids have to learn to deal with it all themselves.

But they are kids and, without proper supervision and support, they will stray. So homework doesn't get done, rules get broken or aren't learned in the first place, and they often get into trouble hanging around friends who are in similar troubled situations in their homes.

Moreover, in this example, these are inner city kids going to inner city schools. Teachers there may not be of the same quality as in schools elsewhere. These troubled kids can be constantly disruptive too and quality of education suffers for everyone in those classes. With so many of these kids not doing their homework and not getting support at home, not much learning really happens. Eventually, many will simply drop out and never graduate high school. Others will graduate and never go on further because they have to work to help support their impoverished families. These issues around education are why the mother mentioned at the beginning never finished high school.

In this troubled living situation, many pregnancies out of wedlock happen. It's easy to point the finger and say they shouldn't have sex if they can't afford the kids, but they are human like anyone else and sex happens. And then the man, not wanting to take responsibility for the baby (because he didn't learn responsbility in his household where his single mother had to work and wasn't around much), takes off and leaves the woman with the baby. She may choose not to abort for religious or personal reasons and so she is stuck with the responsibility of raising the baby. She may turn to welfare because someone has to take care of the baby and she can't do that while at work. Along comes another man. The woman needs help with the kid. Maybe she sleeps with this new man before marriage in hopes of establishing a longer-term relationship, but he too gets her pregnant and leaves. This is one way many black women end up as a single parent of several kids. And it's why the father mentioned at the beginning is no longer in the picture.

The kids growing up in these single parent households where the mother isn't around much because she has to work multiple jobs aren't taught a sense of responsibility. This has much to do with irresponsible choices that are made later - such as neglecting school work, having many kids when there is no money to support them, or getting involved with drugs. They hang around the wrong crowd, get into trouble, often serious trouble. They face an environment the is rough - bully or be bullied - and bullying can be very violent. Many live in constant fear. Psychologically and socially, this can be very damaging and that mental states impacts their ability to concentrate and therefore work or succeed at completing an education.

Meanwhile, they see so many other black people around them living the same existence. This squashes their hope that it can ever be any better for them. It's all a viscious cycle that they don't know how to break. And they do face racism and discrimination as well which adds to everything else holding them back. Their own culture blames society, whites, and even themselves for their problems. This stirs up anger and frustration, but still gives them no solutions. The anger and frustration can lead to more poor choices and trouble. Often, even when someone does attempt a different, better choice, they get so much backlash from others around them that they either don't succeed or it causes others to avoid doing the same.

This just barely touches on a small number of issues many black people face. I doubt I have done even this much justice. There is so much more, so many different circumstances, and so many interwoven factors that make it extremely difficult to improve their lives. It can be far easier to give up out of hopelessness, not seeing any better opportunities or how to obtain them, and many do just that - because again, they are human. But I hope I have given you a taste of why it's a very complex issue and why it's not so easy for them to simply make different choices and improve their lives.

Oh, great, anecdotes. To quote EK's pic:

BTW, P10mm has actually posted some data, I wonder if you will do the same or just keep calling him a racist in an attempt to dismiss him.

"In the 1960s, many believed that the civil rights movement’s successes would foster a new era of racial equality in America. Four decades later, the degree of racial inequality has barely changed. To understand what went wrong, Patrick Sharkey argues that we have to understand what has happened to African American communities over the last several decades. In Stuck in Place, Sharkey describes how political decisions and social policies have led to severe disinvestment from black neighborhoods, persistent segregation, declining economic opportunities, and a growing link between African American communities and the criminal justice system.

As a result, neighborhood inequality that existed in the 1970s has been passed down to the current generation of African Americans. Some of the most persistent forms of racial inequality, such as gaps in income and test scores, can only be explained by considering the neighborhoods in which black and white families have lived over multiple generations. This multigenerational nature of neighborhood inequality also means that a new kind of urban policy is necessary for our nation’s cities. Sharkey argues for urban policies that have the potential to create transformative and sustained changes in urban communities and the families that live within them, and he outlines a durable urban policy agenda to move in that direction.”

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0226924254/?tag=slatmaga-20

"Patrick Sharkey’s comprehensive and compelling analysis clearly explains how segregation, by concentrating disadvantage in black neighborhoods, continues to divide US society into divergent black and white social worlds that remain truly separate and unequal, decades after the Civil Rights Era. His work eloquently reminds us that a segregated society can never be a just society, and that segregation remains at the core the American dilemma, even in the Age of Obama."
(Douglas S. Massey coauthor of American Apartheid: Segregation and the Making of the Underclass)

Pew Research on Wealth Inequality

"The analysis finds that the economic gulf between blacks and whites that was present half a century ago largely remains. When it comes to household income and household wealth, the gaps between blacks and whites have widened.”

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/201...recession/

THE ANNIE E. CASEY FOUNDATION

Thirty-five Largest U.S. Cities Saw Increase in Child Poverty Rate Between 2005 and 2013

http://www.aecf.org/blog/thirty-five-lar...e-between/

"A recent report from the Annie E. Casey Foundation affirmed this fact. According to the foundation, only 50 percent of black children live in neighborhoods with a poverty rate below 20 percent, compared to a national average of 74 percent. Of course, the other way to say this is that 50 percent of black children live in neighborhoods with poverty rates of greater than 20 percent.*

How does this stack up to white families? Here, Sharkey is indispensable: Among white children born through 1955 and 1970, just 4 percent live in high poverty neighborhoods. Or, put another way, black Americans live with a level of poverty that is simply unknown to the vast majority of whites.”

The information is all there if you care to look, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Impulse’s assessment is backed up by data.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-12-2014, 03:48 PM
(24-12-2014 03:03 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  I got the welfare statistics here: http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

Site's legit. But my take on it is entriely different than yours if you tie poverty rates to welfare recipients you get 13% of whites in poverty while making up 39% of the welfare rolls, some 25% of blacks in poverty while comprising 39% of the welfare rolls, and some 23% of Hispanics in poverty while making up 15% of the welfare rolls. My read on those numbers is that white folk know how to game the welfare system way better than any other demographic.

#sigh
24-12-2014, 03:59 PM
(24-12-2014 11:38 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  The problems black face? Blacks do face problems. They walk out their door and have to worry about another black robbing them. They have to worry another black is going to burglarize their home while they're gone.

How is it that some blacks are able to do just fine in America? They don't rob or steal. They become doctors. They don't run around playing the knockout game. They don't listen to rap music that glorifies killing police, killing each other, smacking women.

If ALL blacks, every single one of them, moved away from this culture of thuggishness, stopped impregnating multiple women and leaving their children to be raised by the mother alone, stopped the robberies, assaults, burglaries and drug use, their communities would change over night.

Plenty of blacks abandon that lifestyle and do just fine. The excuses are running out, and Americans are starting to see it when they see the looting and riots on TV. They see criminals become heroes. They watch as people refuse the orders of police, resist arrest, then complain when bad things happen.

Who the fuck do you think you are? You sit here and say blacks impregnate multiple women and leave their children and do all these crimes, yet you don't know that most black people are not like that. I ain't like that not only do I not listen to rap, I am a scientific man, I also don't join the riots, I have not even impregnated one female, hell I am still a virgin mate, I also never rob, steal, assault.

What if I said if white people were to stop acting high and mighty, if they got off there lazy ass and did something, if they would stop destroying the planet and actual do something helpful, and if every honky did this then the world would be better. Racist right? Well it is, and it is not right to do it to negros as it is to whites. Don't follow stereotypes slave10mm.

Oh yeah and here is one of my heros. He is not a criminal, he was a philosopher and muslim(bite it res). Here is another and another and another and one more. They don't seem like criminals, they seem like intellectuals and peace makers. Yeah and I am a negro, strange isn't it. They all people you can look up to, even if they were not atheist.

Also don't sit there and think blacks are the only one with problems. You don't think whites have to be worried about being robbed by another white? They do. So why not understand whites are not more privileged than negros.

P.S. I wish I was not an amateur, then I could be fucking a white chick right now, something I know would bother you, a negro man making love to a white woman. Let that sink you republicunt slave. And Res this many showed nothing but B.S. From teen to teen, grow the fuck up.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post