Has America created a dictatorship?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2014, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2014 12:49 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Has America created a dictatorship?
(21-12-2014 12:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Used my VA Loan to buy a nice 4 bedroom 2 bath house in Florida.

Ummm ... yeah. I'm pretty sure that counts as a Government subsidy. Drinking Beverage

In your defense,
"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative." - Oscar Wilde

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-12-2014, 12:45 PM
(21-12-2014 12:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 12:35 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  I'm fine where I'm at. 10 years in the military. Associates degree. Lower level management training position. Used my VA Loan to buy a nice 4 bedroom 2 bath house in Florida. We have 2 commuter cars and a Jeep I use for hunting. We make enough. Not bad considering I grew up in Los Angeles and didn't finish high school until after I joined the military since I went in at 17. Anyone can do what I did.

Ah yes. Managing lowered expectations. I'm familiar with that.

As I said, I'm fine with where I'm at. Not everyone can be Bill Gates or Howard Schultz. I make enough to live and can honestly look myself in the mirror and be proud that I work for what I have.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
21-12-2014, 12:47 PM
(21-12-2014 12:45 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 12:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ah yes. Managing lowered expectations. I'm familiar with that.

As I said, I'm fine with where I'm at. Not everyone can be Bill Gates or Howard Schultz. I make enough to live and can honestly look myself in the mirror and be proud that I work for what I have.

While looking down on those you feel are inferior.
[+] 7 users Like pablo's post
21-12-2014, 12:48 PM
(21-12-2014 12:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 12:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Used my VA Loan to buy a nice 4 bedroom 2 bath house in Florida.

Ummm ... yeah. I'm pretty sure that counts as a Government subsidy. Drinking Beverage
Negative. A VA Loan just lets you buy a home without a down payment. You get no government money to help you buy. The total price of the loan gets rolled into the payment.

21-12-2014, 12:49 PM
(21-12-2014 12:47 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 12:45 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  As I said, I'm fine with where I'm at. Not everyone can be Bill Gates or Howard Schultz. I make enough to live and can honestly look myself in the mirror and be proud that I work for what I have.

While looking down on those you feel are inferior.
The only people inferior choose to be. A black man is president. No more excuses.

21-12-2014, 12:55 PM
(21-12-2014 12:48 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 12:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ummm ... yeah. I'm pretty sure that counts as a Government subsidy. Drinking Beverage
Negative. A VA Loan just lets you buy a home without a down payment. You get no government money to help you buy.

That counts as a benefit not available to the gen pop. Could you have bought that house if you were subject to the same requirements as gen pop? Did you have 20% down? If not that's Government assistance. If you feel the need to split hairs between Government assistance and Government subsidy to maintain your delusions then hey go for it. No skin off my scrotum.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
21-12-2014, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2014 01:02 PM by pablo.)
The luxurious lifestyle of poor and homeless.
What does the presidents skin color have to do with it?
Are you saying before Obama was elected being a poor, black person was acceptable to you?
21-12-2014, 12:59 PM
(21-12-2014 12:49 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  The only people inferior choose to be. A black man is president. No more excuses.

Yeah. Racism's like obscenity. I can't define it but I know it when I see it.

[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-12-2014, 01:02 PM
(21-12-2014 12:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 12:48 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Negative. A VA Loan just lets you buy a home without a down payment. You get no government money to help you buy.

That counts as a benefit not available to the gen pop. Could you have bought that house if you were subject to the same requirements as gen pop? Did you have 20% down? If not that's Government assistance. If you feel the need to split hairs between Government assistance and Government subsidy to maintain your delusions then hey go for it. No skin off my scrotum.
You are correct, and I'm glad you brought that up because that was my next point. A VA Loan is a "benefit." I earned it through 10 years of service, 2 middle east deployments, missing the birth of my daughter, etc. It's a BENEFIT that was earned. Almost any American can so choose to earn this benefit by joining.

And your point is wrong, because in the end, that 20% still gets paid by me through a higher monthly payment. The government doesn't cover it. And come to think of it, regular Americans can apply for FHA loans, which are almost identical to VA Loans.

21-12-2014, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2014 01:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-12-2014 01:02 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  And your point is wrong, because in the end, that 20% still gets paid by me through a higher monthly payment.

Only until your equity exceeds 20% of the loan. Unless you signed something stupid.

(21-12-2014 01:02 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  And come to think of it, regular Americans can apply for FHA loans, which are almost identical to VA Loans.

I'm a regular American and I can't.