Has America created a dictatorship?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2014, 02:26 PM
RE: Has America created a dictatorship?
First of all thank you for your service.

Now, you use the word dictatorship and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you don't have a clue what one is. For a brief time I lived under one and I can absofuckinglutely tell you that having the President of the US issue an executive order does not qualify.

Next, it appears to me that your focus on the individual "freeloader" could be better aimed at the plutocracy that this supposed republic really is. For instance let's take the sugar industry since you say you live in Florida (so do I btw). The US sugar industry is subsidized with tax payer dollars, this is an industry that is controlled and owned by a handful of companies owned by a few mega-wealthy families.

To get a sense of the clout these people have all you have to do is look at the packaging of any processed food. You will see that every ingredient is given as a % of the daily suggested values EXCEPT for sugars. Why you ask? Because the sugar lobby threatened to pull all it's political contribution money if the USDA listed the %DV of sugar! In other words they blackmailed the politicians at the expense and health of the American public!

You want to be pissed at something, be pissed off at this kind of kleptocratic bullshit that I'm embarrassed to say goes on in the good 'ol US of A.

I'm all for people pulling their own weight and I hate freeloaders as much as the next guy but the knee-jerk reaction to throw out the baby with the bathwater because a few low-lifes manipulate the system doesn't justify shutting down the social safety net that many American families need just to pay their doctor bills and put food on the table.

End of rant.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
21-12-2014, 02:51 PM
(21-12-2014 02:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 02:11 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  GirlyMan, what did you do in the Navy?

Machinist's Mate, E4.

I was a Gunner's Mate 2nd class. USS Ingraham and USS Fife.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
21-12-2014, 03:25 PM
(21-12-2014 02:51 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 02:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Machinist's Mate, E4.

I was a Gunner's Mate 2nd class. USS Ingraham and USS Fife.

Hooyah!

All the big guns are in the Navy. These are called Christianmakers 'cause you lob a few in their vicinity and they're like "Where do I sign up to be Christian, boss."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Yep, those were some bad ass guns. Largest I was around was 5 inch, but we had High Explosive Point Detonating ammo, which is like a missle explosive built into the bullet, making them very powerful. But those old time Gunner's mates had the best toys.

21-12-2014, 04:30 PM
(21-12-2014 12:26 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 12:21 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  You need to learn what an executive order is.

http://blog.constitutioncenter.org/2014/...cal-terms/

Were you complaining about Bush, too?

Now I'll tell you what America has created. A pluto-kleptocracy ( rule by rich thieves) who buy elections and congressmen to serve their interests, not ours.

It's not the number of orders, its the SCOPE of the orders. Each president is getting BOLDER. And that is the point of this thread.

Franklin D. Roosevelt used an executive order to imprison American citizens of Japanese descent.

Dwight Eisenhower used an executive order to integrate a high school in Little Rock Arkansas.

John Kennedy used an executive order to grant federal employees the right to unionize.

Do some studying before making outrageous comments.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
21-12-2014, 04:50 PM
(21-12-2014 04:30 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 12:26 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  It's not the number of orders, its the SCOPE of the orders. Each president is getting BOLDER. And that is the point of this thread.

Franklin D. Roosevelt used an executive order to imprison American citizens of Japanese descent.

Dwight Eisenhower used an executive order to integrate a high school in Little Rock Arkansas.

John Kennedy used an executive order to grant federal employees the right to unionize.

Do some studying before making outrageous comments.

Yeah and Jefferson made the Louisiana Purchase without the consent of congress. It was illegal as well as Historian Stephen Ambrose points out. The difference is the congress, with the exception of a very few, agreed with those executive orders and didn't even vote to stop the orders from happening. And if they did vote they got like 3 votes to overturn and the rest were to proceed with the order. Get it?

21-12-2014, 04:54 PM
(21-12-2014 11:12 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Disclaimer: Although I'm going to use President Obama's name, this has more to do with politics than any individual president. I only use his name because his are the most recent examples.

My issue is with these executive orders. If a president can issue an executive order of great significance, how can it be stopped?

For example, President Obama's executive order on immigration. If the Senate and house pass bills declaring the order invalid, Obama can simply Veto the bill. There is no way to block the order. The congress votes along party lines, and they can't reach a 2/3 majority to be veto proof.

The same situation with the Cuba thing. Obama can simply veto any bill that attempts to block his Cuba changes.

That is why the executive was never meant to create laws, only execute them. Each president takes it a little bit further, until when? Where do we draw a line? A future president could sign an executive order doing anything on their parties agenda, and without a 2/3 majority to stop it we just have to deal with it? That was not the intent of the constitution. People on one side don't care until it's a president they don't agree with. What if it was an executive order banning abortions after the first trimester? Or requiring ID to vote? Or banning gay marriage. And without 2/3 majority it couldn't be stopped?

We're creating a monster.

What a load of swampish Cletus bullshit!

With so many redneck shit forums arround the net where you can have conversations about having sex with your cousins, playing with mud, fucking animals or whatever you think of black people... I have to ask.

Why the fuck are you here Cletus?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
21-12-2014, 05:00 PM
(21-12-2014 04:54 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 11:12 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Disclaimer: Although I'm going to use President Obama's name, this has more to do with politics than any individual president. I only use his name because his are the most recent examples.

My issue is with these executive orders. If a president can issue an executive order of great significance, how can it be stopped?

For example, President Obama's executive order on immigration. If the Senate and house pass bills declaring the order invalid, Obama can simply Veto the bill. There is no way to block the order. The congress votes along party lines, and they can't reach a 2/3 majority to be veto proof.

The same situation with the Cuba thing. Obama can simply veto any bill that attempts to block his Cuba changes.

That is why the executive was never meant to create laws, only execute them. Each president takes it a little bit further, until when? Where do we draw a line? A future president could sign an executive order doing anything on their parties agenda, and without a 2/3 majority to stop it we just have to deal with it? That was not the intent of the constitution. People on one side don't care until it's a president they don't agree with. What if it was an executive order banning abortions after the first trimester? Or requiring ID to vote? Or banning gay marriage. And without 2/3 majority it couldn't be stopped?

We're creating a monster.

What a load of swampish Cletus bullshit!

With so many redneck shit forums arround the net where you can have conversations about having sex with your cousins, playing with mud, fucking animals or whatever you think of black people... I have to ask.

How do you have internet? Hasn't America been kicking Germany's ass into the stone age since 1917?

21-12-2014, 05:02 PM
(21-12-2014 05:00 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 04:54 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  What a load of swampish Cletus bullshit!

How do you have internet? Hasn't America been kicking Germany's ass into the stone age since 1917?

Wow. I am sure you had alot to do with the invention of the internet and that you are a pioneer of the digital age from you wooden shack in some Mississipi like swamp.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
21-12-2014, 05:05 PM
(21-12-2014 05:02 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 05:00 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  How do you have internet? Hasn't America been kicking Germany's ass into the stone age since 1917?

Wow. I am sure you had alot to do with the invention of the internet and that you are a pioneer of the digital age from you wooden shack in some Mississipi like swamp.
Don't be stupid. Everyone knows Al Gore invented the internet.