Has Anyone Else Seen This?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2017, 02:38 AM
Has Anyone Else Seen This?
Since the election and Trump winning, I have seen a rise in the number of police cars pulling people over.

Keep in mind I live in a very small town, normally you'd see a police car every month or 2 weeks on holidays and traveling days. I've lived in this town for a good 13 years of my life. I can very much remember that police arrests and people being pulled over was rare at best times.

But now, I see a cop having a guy pulled over every other day or so. I started to notice this at least a month ago. Normally you wouldn't think much of you saw a cop car on your way to college classes. However, when you see one the next day and the day after that. So on and so forth for a month and half now, you see the pattern.

I'm wondering if I'm the only one having this happen to in my area. Southwest VA (Virginia). Has anyone else seen a spike in their hometown or general area?

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2017, 02:42 AM
RE: Has Anyone Else Seen This?
You gotta problem with it?

Signed

Das Gestapo
07-03-2017, 03:12 AM
(07-03-2017 02:42 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You gotta problem with it?

Signed

Das Gestapo

Thumbsup to you pal. Really, perfect manner to take this. I just love the sarcasm.

To answer your question, not when it doesn't involve me. But I live in a very small town, and to see something like this tends to get me wondering if anything is happening like this or just my town? Seriously, just curious about others around me as I lived in a bubble for 16 years of my life, and just found out the internet has people form around the world and country to talk to. Dodgy

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
[+] 1 user Likes Ruby Crystal's post
07-03-2017, 03:59 AM
Mate, they're onto you.You're screwed.

English, polite. No

German, schadenfreude. Laughat

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
07-03-2017, 04:26 AM
[Image: ee9.png]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
07-03-2017, 05:41 AM
Living near a pretty busy highway, I always see state troopers and sheriffs making stops. No noticeable increase here.
07-03-2017, 05:55 AM
It might just be an increase in the number of troopers in your area due to routine adjustment in patrols if they see a need to control speeding, suspected drug trafficking etc.

They've actually reduced the mileage that troopers can cover in a day due to state budget cuts in my area.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
07-03-2017, 06:17 AM
Trump has no difference here. The city I work in there is no difference between traffic stops that I have noticed. If you do something wrong you will get pulled over simple as that. I've been lucky as I've not been pulled over for quite some time.

Something to remember when being pulled over (and this is just what I do). "If" I get pulled over I roll down my front and back widows and keep my hands on the steering wheel at all times until instructed to do otherwise. DO NOT make any sudden moves. I sympathise with Law Enforcement Officers. In recent times they have gotten a bad rap (sometimes deservedly so) but the vast majority of officers out there are are just doing their jobs and "most" do their job to the best of their ability and want to protect the public and go home to see their family. Every run in I've had with an officer they have "usually" been very professional. But looking at it from their point of view (and I work with them quite often) I can empathise with the stresses that come with that job. So I try to make it as easy on them as possible. If you're in the wrong just accept it and move on. Try to not make that mistake again.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
07-03-2017, 08:58 AM
(07-03-2017 06:17 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  Something to remember when being pulled over (and this is just what I do). "If" I get pulled over I roll down my front and back widows and keep my hands on the steering wheel at all times until instructed to do otherwise. DO NOT make any sudden moves. I sympathise with Law Enforcement Officers. In recent times they have gotten a bad rap (sometimes deservedly so) but the vast majority of officers out there are are just doing their jobs and "most" do their job to the best of their ability and want to protect the public and go home to see their family. Every run in I've had with an officer they have "usually" been very professional. But looking at it from their point of view (and I work with them quite often) I can empathise with the stresses that come with that job. So I try to make it as easy on them as possible. If you're in the wrong just accept it and move on. Try to not make that mistake again.

As much as what you say makes sense, American cops sound craaaazy. "Don't make any sudden moves" is advice you give to people confronted by a wild animal. For fucks sake, they should be able to deal with people without that level of fear factor?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post
07-03-2017, 10:27 AM
I'm definitely not a Trump defender here. But, playing devil's advocate a bit.. Wait for the newest statistics for police activity in your area, and track them over the last year or so. It might have nothing to do with Trump. Maybe your city council approved an increase in officers, or there are new quotas in place or it picked up at the end of the month and you've started to notice at the end of the month the last several months without realizing it.

It's not likely at all due to some sort of Trump directive. But there could be an influence on some officers feeling emboldened by Trump's authoritarian approach to crime management.

Just some thoughts.
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post