Has Spicer been fired? Or quit?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2017, 07:05 PM
Has Spicer been fired? Or quit?
Seems Sean Spicer was a no-show at today's (Monday's) press conference; his assistant, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, conducted the briefing.

Now, it is true that Spicer's doing double-duty now after Mike Dubke, former communications director, suddenly quit. And it is true that Spicer, while he was doing his National Guard duty, wasn't available.

But this is different.

It's clear that His Orangeness has not been happy with Spicer's performance for some time, and may even regret hiring him (and, of course, blaming the hire on someone else, because Trump never makes mistakes donchaknow). Trump made sure Spicer was left out of the invitation list for meeting the Pope, which must have really hurt since Spicer is a passionate, believing Catholic. That can't have been a mistake.

Last week it appeared that Spicer had reached the end of his rope, refusing to answer questions and suggesting reporters take their queries to State or Trump's attorney.

Whether Spicer will be back yet remains to be seen.

I have to admit, I kind of feel for Spicer. He's hyper-partisan, which I don't like, but he's no dummy; he's done his service for the nation and is, by any measure you wish to use, extremely intelligent, even well-liked by plenty of Democrats.

Perhaps he thought, as many Repubs probably did, that once Trump took over the Oval Office he'd become more thoughtful, less prone to hyperbole and more considered in his approach, and has realized that those hopes have been dashed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
05-06-2017, 07:08 PM
RE: Has Spicer been fired? Or quit?
(05-06-2017 07:05 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Seems Sean Spicer was a no-show at today's (Monday's) press conference; his assistant, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, conducted the briefing.

Now, it is true that Spicer's doing double-duty now after Mike Dubke, former communications director, suddenly quit. And it is true that Spicer, while he was doing his National Guard duty, wasn't available.

But this is different.

It's clear that His Orangeness has not been happy with Spicer's performance for some time, and may even regret hiring him (and, of course, blaming the hire on someone else, because Trump never makes mistakes donchaknow). Trump made sure Spicer was left out of the invitation list for meeting the Pope, which must have really hurt since Spicer is a passionate, believing Catholic. That can't have been a mistake.

Last week it appeared that Spicer had reached the end of his rope, refusing to answer questions and suggesting reporters take their queries to State or Trump's attorney.

I have to admit, I kind of feel for Spicer. He's hyper-partisan, which I don't like, but he's no dummy; he's done his service for the nation and is, by any measure you wish to use, extremely intelligent, even well-liked by plenty of Democrats.

Perhaps he thought, as many Repubs probably did, that once Trump took over the Oval Office he'd become more thoughtful, less prone to hyperbole and more considered in his approach, and has realized that those hopes have been dashed.

I noticed he wasn't there. We'll see, maybe he just took a day off.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-06-2017, 08:23 PM
(05-06-2017 07:05 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Perhaps he thought, as many Repubs probably did, that once Trump took over the Oval Office he'd become more thoughtful, less prone to hyperbole and more considered in his approach, and has realized that those hopes have been dashed.

Only the most ignorant observers of human nature would think someone at age 70 would abruptly become a personality type he's not only never been but has publicly mocked and vilified his entire life - and mocked and vilified during his campaign! Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
05-06-2017, 09:01 PM
(05-06-2017 08:23 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 07:05 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Perhaps he thought, as many Repubs probably did, that once Trump took over the Oval Office he'd become more thoughtful, less prone to hyperbole and more considered in his approach, and has realized that those hopes have been dashed.

Only the most ignorant observers of human nature would think someone at age 70 would abruptly become a personality type he's not only never been but has publicly mocked and vilified his entire life - and mocked and vilified during his campaign! Laugh out load

Anyone stupid enough to think that the leopard was going to change his shorts gets what s/he deserves after voting for him. Of course, in my house, nobody voted for the Chump. It tells me a lot about human nature that people would elect this orange turd. Just remember that this is the same country who had people who admired Bonnie & Clyde for "sticking it to the man", FFS. Facepalm
05-06-2017, 09:05 PM
(05-06-2017 07:08 PM)Dom Wrote:  ...

Apparently not.

See excuse from: 10:28

05-06-2017, 09:22 PM
(05-06-2017 07:05 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Seems Sean Spicer was a no-show at today's (Monday's) press conference; his assistant, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, conducted the briefing.

But this is different.

It's interesting that Catholics as a group, voted for Dumpy. People who tend towards "authoritarian" views also did. Co-inky-dink ? I think not.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/201...-analysis/

God will mot be bocked.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-06-2017, 12:37 AM
(05-06-2017 09:05 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 07:08 PM)Dom Wrote:  ...

Apparently not.

See excuse from: 10:28

God I can't listen to her. Facepalm Fuck spin doctors and their bullshit. I thought Trumpy was about plain talking? How come his every dickhead move has to be explained?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-06-2017, 02:06 AM
Quote:How come his every dickhead move has to be explained?
Trump or Yahweh?
I guess its no big news for all the christian trump voters, thats why it works so well. Drinking Beverage

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
06-06-2017, 02:11 AM
Second thing, just struck me now. I don't even know who the fuck Obama's spokesperson was. He tended to talk directly to the press IIRC. Trump makes crap decisions and then hides away while some spokesperson takes the flak. Angry

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-06-2017, 02:18 AM
(06-06-2017 02:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  ...
Obama's spokesperson was.

[Image: cnn_logo_2449.gif]

Apparently.

Angel