Has any intelligent Atheist ever won against Ray?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2016, 08:19 PM
RE: Has any intelligent Atheist ever won against Ray?
Here Ray loses $100.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like pablo's post
25-05-2016, 08:19 PM
Ray is Banana Man right?

You think he'd stick with that proof if I crammed the banana up his ass and said, "See! It fits perfectly!"?
[+] 4 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
25-05-2016, 08:22 PM
(25-05-2016 07:59 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  He's not even the best apologist/creationist out there when it comes to debating anyway.

Oh, definitely not! I'd say he's one of the weakest.

William Lane Craig would at least give you a run for the money, not because his arguments are so strong, but because he's got the art of debating down to a science. I've seen a few of his debates, and his style is the same in each; he keeps you on the defensive the whole time.

Then there's the pre-sups like Sye ten Bruggencate. I admit, he'd probably kick my ass, and (again) not because his arguments are so strong. Sye and Hovind play that circular word game with you, redefining words and giving you either-or choices (traps, actually) where whichever you choose, he wins. I'd probably fall for his traps, but Matt Dillahunty held his own, always asking for specific definitions of every word Sye used. "What do you mean by 'think'? What do you mean by 'know'?"
26-05-2016, 08:49 AM
(25-05-2016 06:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I suspect he is rather selective about whom he agrees to tape a debate.
Those question are easy to refute.

We're talking about Ray "banana-man" Comfort, right? The guy who argues that products of selective breeding by humans shows God's great creation?

Yeah, I think Bucky is right. The only way that guy "wins" at debates is if he selectively only films arguments against people who don't know what they're talking about.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
26-05-2016, 09:42 AM
I wish he would film me talking to him. I could make him cry.
26-05-2016, 09:48 AM
(26-05-2016 08:49 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 06:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I suspect he is rather selective about whom he agrees to tape a debate.
Those question are easy to refute.

We're talking about Ray "banana-man" Comfort, right? The guy who argues that products of selective breeding by humans shows God's great creation?

Yeah, I think Bucky is right. The only way that guy "wins" at debates is if he selectively only films arguments against people who don't know what they're talking about.

Also there's that whole "deer in the headlight" thing people do, who aren't used to verbal debate, given the way he frames those questions. He rapid fires off them in such a way, it's hard for the average person not to get tripped up.

What he does is to preach to his choir, not to convert anyone to his way of thinking.

It's like when he yammers about 'you believe everything came from nothing then?'

There was no "nothing" and even if there was "nothing" I'd rather believe that than humans being poofed into existence from dirt at the word of a deity.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-05-2016, 10:48 AM
(25-05-2016 08:22 PM)GeddyRulz Wrote:  William Lane Craig would at least give you a run for the money, not because his arguments are so strong, but because he's got the art of debating down to a science. I've seen a few of his debates, and his style is the same in each; he keeps you on the defensive the whole time.

I'd hardly call the Gish Gallop as having refined debate 'down to a science'. More like he knows how to cravenly exploit the format. Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
26-05-2016, 10:49 AM
(25-05-2016 06:53 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 06:28 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Do you post with your own feces? That smell doesn't come from nothing.

Could you translate what you just tried to communicate?
My Englist-to-Crapistani program isn't working.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
26-05-2016, 10:58 AM
(26-05-2016 10:49 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 06:53 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Could you translate what you just tried to communicate?
My Englist-to-Crapistani program isn't working.

Was it meant as a insult?
26-05-2016, 11:15 AM
(25-05-2016 08:19 PM)pablo Wrote:  Here Ray loses $100.

I like how, despite admitting he was wrong, he still weasels out of admitting the New Testament has a contradiction; he just admits he said the wrong thing and pays the $100, but his Bible is still intact!
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post