Has any intelligent Atheist ever won against Ray?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2016, 01:09 PM
RE: Has any intelligent Atheist ever won against Ray?
Hey Ray
Have you ever cooked anything ?
Ya
You know what we call cooks. We call them chefs.

Have you ever made a drawing of a house ?
Perhaps sketched some basic plans ?
Ya
You must be an architect.

Ever dug in the dirt and found a bone ?
Ya
That's right, you're an archaeologist.

And obviously Ray has no idea that banks would know if a couple million dollars came up missing.

Ray -"Have you ever lied ?"
Me -"Only when god commanded me to."

Ray-"Ever stolen anything ?"
Me -"Anything I ever stole was done because god commanded me to steal."

Ray-"That still makes you a theif and a liar"
Me-"What it makes me is a delusional asshole who uses religion an as excuse to do anything I want."

Me-"Ray, ever lied to people and manipulated them into giving you money by trying to convince them that torture awaited them after they died ?"
Ray-"But god commanded me to do that."

Me-"But it still makes you a scumbag conartist, now doesn't it"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Rahn127's post
26-05-2016, 02:17 PM
(25-05-2016 08:19 PM)pablo Wrote:  Here Ray loses $100.

Ahhhh, Ray and his fucking banana. Banana_zorro

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
26-05-2016, 04:29 PM
No. It takes an idiot to do that.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-05-2016, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2016 11:00 PM by skyking.)
The wiki entry on him was entertaining, starting with the picture of the wild inedible banana ( that did not fit the hand) that science selectively cultivated to his perfect food. What a maroon!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Comfort

Quote:In 2006, Comfort recorded a segment for The Way of the Master's television show in which he argued that the banana was an "atheists' nightmare", arguing that it displayed many user-friendly features that were evidence of intelligent design.[9] Comfort retracted the video upon learning that the banana is a result of artificial selection by humans, and that the wild banana is small and unpalatable.[10]
26-05-2016, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2016 11:31 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(26-05-2016 10:56 PM)skyking Wrote:  The wiki entry on him was entertaining, starting with the picture of the wild inedible banana ( that did not fit the hand) that science selectively cultivated to his perfect food. What a maroon!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Comfort

Quote:In 2006, Comfort recorded a segment for The Way of the Master's television show in which he argued that the banana was an "atheists' nightmare", arguing that it displayed many user-friendly features that were evidence of intelligent design.[9] Comfort retracted the video upon learning that the banana is a result of artificial selection by humans, and that the wild banana is small and unpalatable.[10]

Try reading the RationalWiki entry on him instead. Tongue

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ray_Comfort

Raymond "Ray" Comfort (b. 1949), also known as Banana Man, is a Protestant Christian author, video producer, street preacher, and liar for Jesus.

Comfort is a young Earth creationist and opposes evolution. His arguments for a young Earth are entirely unfounded in science, demonstrate basic misunderstandings of both evolution and science in general, and often aren't even based on reality. For example, he is well known for his banana argument, which claims that the banana is so perfect that it must have been intelligently designed in nature, despite the fact that the banana is a product of human artificial selection. He also really likes linking Hitler and evolution.

Comfort frequently attacks atheism, humanism, and the lack of God-worship as the sources of modern sins, such as homosexuality and school shootings. He frequently discusses supposedly iron-clad proofs of God (which generally rely on "common sense" and Pascal's Wager) and methods of evangelism (which generally rely on spamming out a list of pre-written loaded questions).

He has written dozens of books and Gospel tracts on these subjects through his Way of the Master McDojo ministry, operated as a part of his Living Waters Publications.

Bibliophilia

Comfort has a Facebook page—not that we would recommend anyone to spend long periods of time on it—where he once threatened to ban anyone using the term "bibliophile" as he thought it meant "cross between pedophile and Bible". Obviously, this is not the case; apparently Comfort is not a bibliophile as it seems that he has never opened a science book or a dictionary.

$10,000 challenge

Comfort had a standing $10,000 challenge to anyone who could show him a transitional fossil. However, not just any fossil would do, and Comfort demanded that someone show him a lizard producing a bird, a dog producing a cat or, even stranger, a sheep producing a chicken. The deafening silence to his throwing down of the gauntlet (outside the sound of a million face-palms) only went to prove to Comfort that evolution is false and that transitionals do not exist.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
26-05-2016, 11:36 PM
I see your rational wiki, and call with this tidbit from wikipedia:

"In October 2010, The New Zealand Herald reported that elderly people received "appointment cards" by Comfort's California-based publishing company, Living Waters, asking them to fill out information regarding the date and time of their deaths, and advising them to contact evangelists in order to avoid hell. Recipients of these cards expressed anger and horror over receiving them, and contacted police over the matter, with one of them commenting, "It's disgusting. It was quite spooky. I just couldn't comprehend why anyone would ask you to predict the date of your death." The New Zealand Herald summarized a statement from Living Waters spokesperson Lisa Law as saying that "the cards were a way of raising awareness of human mortality in order to spark discussion about Jesus", and that Law "did not know who sent [the tracts]".[18]"

Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
26-05-2016, 11:47 PM
(26-05-2016 11:36 PM)skyking Wrote:  I see your rational wiki, and call with this tidbit from wikipedia:

"In October 2010, The New Zealand Herald reported that elderly people received "appointment cards" by Comfort's California-based publishing company, Living Waters, asking them to fill out information regarding the date and time of their deaths, and advising them to contact evangelists in order to avoid hell. Recipients of these cards expressed anger and horror over receiving them, and contacted police over the matter, with one of them commenting, "It's disgusting. It was quite spooky. I just couldn't comprehend why anyone would ask you to predict the date of your death." The New Zealand Herald summarized a statement from Living Waters spokesperson Lisa Law as saying that "the cards were a way of raising awareness of human mortality in order to spark discussion about Jesus", and that Law "did not know who sent [the tracts]".[18]"

Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

While the tidbit is funny in and of itself, Wikipedia's writing lacks that irreverent je ne sais quoi of RationalWiki. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
27-05-2016, 12:58 AM
He believed there is zero gravity in space Facepalm

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
27-05-2016, 01:06 AM
(27-05-2016 12:58 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  He believed there is zero gravity in space Facepalm

Bananaman can't get 9th grade evolution down, astrophysics is certainly beyond his intellectual reach.

27-05-2016, 02:45 AM
Has everyone seen the debate between Ray and Kirk Cameron on one side and two young atheists on the other? It's a shambles.

It was for a national TV program. Kirk introduces it by saying he and his friend Ray will prove God exists without using faith. During the debate, Kirk says he understands evolution because he used to believe in it, but quickly shows he doesn't understand evolution at all, trotting out the "crocoduck" photo and challenging evolutionists to come up with something similar in nature. Kirk and Ray rely solely on the I.D. argument, Pascal's Wager (which I've heard was responsible for Kirk's conversion), and then, yes, an argument from FAITH, which they said they didn't need to "prove" God. The atheists argue against all this, but I was left wishing they'd chosen two STRONGER atheists for the debate, the sort which could've easily ripped Ray and Kirk's arguments to shreds.