Has any intelligent Atheist ever won against Ray?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2016, 02:55 AM
RE: Has any intelligent Atheist ever won against Ray?
(27-05-2016 02:45 AM)GeddyRulz Wrote:  Has everyone seen the debate between Ray and Kirk Cameron on one side and two young atheists on the other? It's a shambles.

It was the Rational Response Squad.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
27-05-2016, 05:42 AM
I just watched it again, and again I wished there were better debaters on the atheist side. Ray/Kirk's argument for the existence of God could've been destroyed so badly, it might've snapped Kirk into de-converting.

What I found most egregious with this latest viewing (in addition to Ray/Kirk's dishonesty: they DIDN'T make their case for God's existence without invoking faith) is Kirk's projection onto atheists of what is actually the creationist's weaknesses. Kirk says the atheists are ignoring the evidence and pre-supposing there's no God... but there's no evidence of God to ignore; it's the creationists who must ignore all the evidence (for evolution) and the creationists who must pre-suppose something. Atheists don't pre-suppose anything; we only accept things based on evidence, and their side has none.
[+] 2 users Like GeddyRulz's post
27-05-2016, 05:55 AM
(26-05-2016 11:28 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  $10,000 challenge

Comfort had a standing $10,000 challenge to anyone who could show him a transitional fossil. However, not just any fossil would do, and Comfort demanded that someone show him a lizard producing a bird, a dog producing a cat or, even stranger, a sheep producing a chicken. The deafening silence to his throwing down of the gauntlet (outside the sound of a million face-palms) only went to prove to Comfort that evolution is false and that transitionals do not exist.

Ha! That'd be like me disproving Christianity by offering a $10,000 reward to anyone who can produce the actual cross with Jesus' skeleton nailed to it.

Not only is the demand stupid, but it demands things that the other side doesn't believe exist and have never claimed exist.

"If you don't produce a strawman that you don't believe in, then the things you do believe in are wrong." What a childish assclown.
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post
27-05-2016, 08:01 AM
(27-05-2016 05:55 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Ha! That'd be like me disproving Christianity by offering a $10,000 reward to anyone who can produce the actual cross with Jesus' skeleton nailed to it.

How about 1000$ for a nail? Wink

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
27-05-2016, 08:02 AM
(27-05-2016 05:55 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 11:28 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  $10,000 challenge

Comfort had a standing $10,000 challenge to anyone who could show him a transitional fossil. However, not just any fossil would do, and Comfort demanded that someone show him a lizard producing a bird, a dog producing a cat or, even stranger, a sheep producing a chicken. The deafening silence to his throwing down of the gauntlet (outside the sound of a million face-palms) only went to prove to Comfort that evolution is false and that transitionals do not exist.

Ha! That'd be like me disproving Christianity by offering a $10,000 reward to anyone who can produce the actual cross with Jesus' skeleton nailed to it.

Not only is the demand stupid, but it demands things that the other side doesn't believe exist and have never claimed exist.

"If you don't produce a strawman that you don't believe in, then the things you do believe in are wrong." What a childish assclown.

Unless it's Golden Plates, then it's just Mormonism... Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
27-05-2016, 08:17 AM
His methods are also real in-your-face quick questions. He runs up to random people, asks them a question they're not prepared for, and doesn't give them time to prosses. Because we can't have people thinking.

I can't find the video. But he had one where he asked people "If Noah's flood didn't happen. Where did all the water come from?"

Most people responded. "Huh I never thought about it like that." or "OMG you're right!" I'm sure he edited out the "What are you a fucking idiot?" comments out.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...Banana-Man

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
27-05-2016, 09:06 AM
Comfort notoriously "lies for Jebus" on a frequent basis.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 3 users Like Silly Deity's post
27-05-2016, 12:19 PM
(27-05-2016 02:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(27-05-2016 02:45 AM)GeddyRulz Wrote:  Has everyone seen the debate between Ray and Kirk Cameron on one side and two young atheists on the other? It's a shambles.

It was the Rational Response Squad.

I had such a crush on him when he was growing pains. Then when he went all religious I lost it all for him. It was such a let down on still recoving. ;(
27-05-2016, 02:43 PM
(27-05-2016 09:06 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Comfort notoriously "lies for Jebus" on a frequent basis.

Wow, what a douche nozzle. I mean, I knew he was a douche nozzle already, but to deliberately record a video that asks the interviewees one question and then go back and voice over with a differently-phrased question... that's... wow.

Scumbag.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
27-05-2016, 03:29 PM
(25-05-2016 06:26 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Ray always makes a fool of Atheists starting out with the "you think something came from nothing "?

Well shit, if God exists then he must have came from nothing too.

This Atheist has nothing.
https://youtu.be/ynQIG_T6lLY

In order to win a debate, you actually need to be in one and Ray Comfort doesn't debate. He throws up straw men. He asserts. He spouts one liners. He preaches. He threatens with hell. He's not interested in debate but in creating a spectacle. He claims that his opponent already knows that God exists but he provides no argument for this other than to fallaciously point to passages in the Bible. He's out there twerking for Jesus.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 4 users Like true scotsman's post