Has anybody experience in going out alone ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2017, 04:25 AM
RE: Has anybody experience in going out alone ?
I live in my head with this dude who never shuts up, so I don't know if I'm ever alone. Undecided

Puppy idea sounds good. I have a dog but it's a felonious beast not really suited to public spaces.
[Image: 7MWa99D.jpg]
Undecided

Glad I could help!

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-05-2017, 02:11 PM
(22-05-2017 03:50 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I personally never have been out alone, and I'm a bit socially awkward which doesn't help. However, my brother in law moved cities recently, all on his own, no friends/family near by, and went to the local pub. He had a few drinks, and just started randomly buying people drinks. He soon found friends after that lol.

If I ever did, I'd probably hit the coffee shop or pub/bar with a book or something. Have a read, and sometimes people who are like minded will ask what you're reading, and you can start from there. Groups/clubs for interests are also a very good place to start.

Did you also mention you're newly single? if so, sign up to match.com, they do like singles nights/activites where you can meet new people. Even if just to meet some new friends, it's always a good starting point.

Ahah, why not, I don't mind buying people drinks if they are good company, though I would prefer to know they stay around for my company and not for the free drinks !

I actually do that during the day, bring a book with me, and drink a cup of coffee on terrace, but I think during the day, people are less prompt to start talking, and all of them are in groups, I'm usually the only one alone. But during the day, that's no problem because I actually come here for the coffee, terrace, and reading. In the evening I come here to meet people, but I'll try sitting at the bar next time.

Thank you for the tip Smile Yes, I'm single. Apparently match.com doesn't exist in the Netherlands, the address redirects to another website. But even though I wouldn't mind dating (my therapist tries to make me realize this could be good for me since I apparently make a too big deal out of it), I feel a bit weird doing activities for dating, I mean if the opportunity comes up why not, but joining a dating website is maybe a bit too soon for me.

(22-05-2017 04:25 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I live in my head with this dude who never shuts up, so I don't know if I'm ever alone. Undecided

Puppy idea sounds good. I have a dog but it's a felonious beast not really suited to public spaces.
[Image: 7MWa99D.jpg]
Undecided

Glad I could help!

Big Grin

Cute dog that you have Smile Mine (the one I had with my wife) is a big shepherd, so he is actually not suited to public spaces. Anyway, as I was saying, it's not really possible for me, but I know that for some people, having a dog is a good way to socialize.
Find all posts by this user
22-05-2017, 02:17 PM
(22-05-2017 04:25 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I live in my head with this dude who never shuts up

And we, Johnny, are Legion, for we are many Sleepy

(I find it very easy to talk to just about anybody. Now, finding people it actually gives me pleasure to talk to... that's a whole other, sad and rather lonely, story)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
22-05-2017, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2017 03:42 PM by Grasshopper.)
(22-05-2017 03:50 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Have a read, and sometimes people who are like minded will ask what you're reading, and you can start from there.

Your mileage may vary, but for me, when I'm reading (whether in private or in public), it's because I want to read, and I find it annoying when someone asks me "What are you reading?" I always want to say "Well, before you interrupted me, I was reading..." -- but I'm not quite that rude.

Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
24-05-2017, 11:18 AM
(22-05-2017 03:13 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 03:50 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Have a read, and sometimes people who are like minded will ask what you're reading, and you can start from there.

Your mileage may vary, but for me, when I'm reading (whether in private or in public), it's because I want to read, and I find it annoying when someone asks me "What are you reading?" I always want to say "Well, before you interrupted me, I was reading..." -- but I'm not quite that rude.

Tongue

So the correct approach, then, would be: "So, before I so rudely interrupted you with my curiosity, what were you reading?"

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson