Has anybody tried to get someone to stop taking Homeopathy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2013, 12:29 PM
RE: Has anybody tried to get someone to stop taking Homeopathy?
(30-05-2013 11:59 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 10:57 AM)sandra hermann courtney Wrote:  I am a certified medical transcriptionist and was its champion until I personally was affected.

A champion of transcription? Affected by obsolescence induced by voice recognition software? Yeah, that's tough. I can see why you turned to woo in times of tribulation...

What makes you think anyone cares? In case you missed it, this is an atheist forum. You're posting in the pseudoscience section, using anecdotal evidence. You ain't making your case, you're making ours.

Besides, you have no case. You have disaffectation and confirmation bias. You're thinking faith healing is about the healing, but it is just about the faith.

But welcome anyway. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2013, 12:35 PM
(30-05-2013 12:29 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 11:59 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  A champion of transcription? Affected by obsolescence induced by voice recognition software? Yeah, that's tough. I can see why you turned to woo in times of tribulation...

What makes you think anyone cares? In case you missed it, this is an atheist forum. You're posting in the pseudoscience section, using anecdotal evidence. You ain't making your case, you're making ours.

Besides, you have no case. You have disaffectation and confirmation bias. You're thinking faith healing is about the healing, but it is just about the faith.

This ain't the intro thread. Besides, I'm curious as to how the relation between stenographer and professor of medicine makes the one, the other.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-05-2013, 12:45 PM
I fear for folks who rely too much on Homeopathy. Now, I've been known to make medicine from vodka and herbs (and a degree of success I might add) BUT.... when you need a doctor - You need a doctor. And no home-made brew is a substitute for tested medicine if that's what's needed. I think sometimes people get caught up in homeopathy because they've decided all medical doctors (+staff, hospitals, etc) are corrupt. Which is pretty irrational.

How to talk someone Out of relying Only on homeopathy? Ask them if tomorrow their car is hit by a train and their body - which is in pieces - is Rushed to the emergency room.......... are they Really going to wake up on that gurney and say "Nope - I am outta here" ?? Probably not. Sooo.......... if you'll accept medical care for emergencies it doesn't make much sense to argue against medical care in other situations. Sick or broken is sick & broken.

A little home remedy can be ok.
Treating a head cold at home? Sure. Treating bronchitis at home? A no.

I don't know why people don't just use common sense.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
30-05-2013, 01:15 PM
(30-05-2013 12:45 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I fear for folks who rely too much on Homeopathy. Now, I've been known to make medicine from vodka and herbs (and a degree of success I might add)
Then it's not homeopathy, because it has an active ingredient (the herbs). You're not relying on the "memory" of the water, you're relying on the active ingredients. That can have problems because you may not know the exact dosage, the substances aren't tested, etc.,but there are home remedies that can work. Homeopathy is water with no testable amounts of the active ingredient.

But yes, the problem with homeopathy is that sometimes, you can't rely on the placebo effect. Some medical problems are medical problems, and require actual treatment.
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
30-05-2013, 01:25 PM
(30-05-2013 12:35 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 12:29 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  But welcome anyway. Big Grin

This ain't the intro thread. Besides, I'm curious as to how the relation between stenographer and professor of medicine makes the one, the other.

Here I was thinking you would be curious as to why someone would resurrect a thread from 2 years ago. 90% of those posters aren't even here anymore. Hobo

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
30-05-2013, 01:56 PM
(30-05-2013 01:15 PM)amyb Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 12:45 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I fear for folks who rely too much on Homeopathy. Now, I've been known to make medicine from vodka and herbs (and a degree of success I might add)
Then it's not homeopathy, because it has an active ingredient (the herbs). You're not relying on the "memory" of the water, you're relying on the active ingredients. That can have problems because you may not know the exact dosage, the substances aren't tested, etc.,but there are home remedies that can work. Homeopathy is water with no testable amounts of the active ingredient.

But yes, the problem with homeopathy is that sometimes, you can't rely on the placebo effect. Some medical problems are medical problems, and require actual treatment.

I've done faith healing but I ain't gonna call it anything else. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
30-05-2013, 02:32 PM
(30-05-2013 01:15 PM)amyb Wrote:  

I do believe I've got my definitions screwed up in my head. I'm kinda old and old-school at that. Back in my day if it was called 'homeopathy' that meant home remedies and homemade medicine. And if someone was going to cure with water-memories we just called that bullshit. Apparently I am not up to speed. Must upgrade my terms and definitions to catch up with more recent bullshit claims so I can discuss properly.

please forgive.
Blush

LOL

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
30-05-2013, 06:02 PM
(15-04-2011 05:49 AM)daemonowner Wrote:  Science so far has cured many autoimmune diseases, some cancers.
All with the help of evidenced based medicine.

Nope. Wrong. If you can provide a link to any scientific study results of auto-immune diseases and/or cancer with the word CURE in it you might be credible. Otherwise, not.
30-05-2013, 06:06 PM
(30-05-2013 12:29 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 11:59 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  A champion of transcription? Affected by obsolescence induced by voice recognition software? Yeah, that's tough. I can see why you turned to woo in times of tribulation...

Thanks for the mindless ineffective bullying. I needed the material.
30-05-2013, 06:32 PM
(30-05-2013 06:06 PM)sandra hermann courtney Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 12:29 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  But welcome anyway. Big Grin

Thanks for the mindless ineffective bullying. I needed the material.

Huh? Consider

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man