Has anyone been reading Egor's website?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2012, 07:53 AM
RE: Has anyone been reading Egor's website?
Well, they accepted me... it took them awhile, but I'm now a legit member.

Guess I'll do some posting this weekend.

[Image: 2396-cool-guys-dont-look-at-explosions-s...dition.gif]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
23-03-2012, 07:57 AM
Get 'em, KC. Give 'em some of that ole fashioned Calvinist lovin'. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
23-03-2012, 12:30 PM

(23-03-2012 02:50 AM)nach_in Wrote:  oh wait, now you believe in astrology and dream and esoteric stuff? do you read hands too?

I've always done dreams and have done astrology for years. Carl Jung believed in astrology as well. Lots of people do. It's not part of salvation, it's just a mystery that can be useful at times. I've had lots of precognition as well. I don't do palms, because that's not my thing, but all of the ways psychics use to focus are just that, ways to focus.

I also believe in faith healing and that God answers prayers.

(23-03-2012 03:31 AM)Eternal Wrote:  Egor.

You believe in astrology and you mention fate. Elsewhere you have argued for free will. Have you ever considered that both can't exist. If there is fate then free will would be a sham, if there is free will then fate cannot exist and astrology etc would be rubbish.

Free will can be had in degrees. It is correlated with knowledge. For instance, if you have no knowledge, then fate guides your life. If you have knowledge then you can modify that fate. Most people do not modify their fate to any significant degree so the fatalistic winds that blow through our lives can be seen abstractly in astrology--or that's the idea anyway.

The greatest freewill act we do is choosing to repent and follow Jesus Christ. You could never look in an astrological chart and see whether someone would do that. Even God doesn't know until the end of a life (He has made it that way for Himself.).

Quote:Please also consider that if you believe in fate you believe all us Atheists are exactly where we are supposed to be in life, it would after all be our fate. Please don't say about deviating from fate, as the second you say this it is no longer fate. Fate by definition could not be deviated from.

Answered above, I think.

Quote:Also please note that if fate guides the big decisions and we use free will for the smaller day to day living (something I have heard from someone elsewhere) then free will would be an illusion also as ultimately we are going to end up in the same place negating all free will.

I think you're confusing fate with predestination.

Fate is the default force on your life, like the direction of the wind in sailing. It's an influence. Most people never take the rudder or trim their sails, so most of the time, their lives are very predictable. Some people overcome their fatalistic forces, and they blaze a new path.

(23-03-2012 07:53 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Well, they accepted me... it took them awhile, but I'm now a legit member.

Guess I'll do some posting this weekend.

Well, maybe it will work out. You are a Christian, after all. [/quote]
Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2012, 12:47 PM
this guy scares me, I think he might need actual psychiatric help, I mean, he thinks he's a prophet or something and think he has powers, that's not healthy.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 4 users Like nach_in's post
23-03-2012, 10:48 PM

(23-03-2012 12:47 PM)nach_in Wrote:  this guy scares me, I think he might need actual psychiatric help, I mean, he thinks he's a prophet or something and think he has powers, that's not healthy.

What am I supposed to do? Don't interpret dreams, even though everyone wants me to. Don't post online, because it draws too much attention. Don't synthesize the Gospels even though I look around and no one else is doing it. Don't write books, because that's just ideas above my station in life. Don't do anything. Be nothing. Don't use any talents, just let them wither?

I could care less if you think I'm mentally unhealthy. I'm going to do what I was designed by God to do.
24-03-2012, 12:30 AM
eat, shit, and die?

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
24-03-2012, 12:58 AM
(23-03-2012 12:47 PM)nach_in Wrote:  this guy scares me, I think he might need actual psychiatric help, I mean, he thinks he's a prophet or something and think he has powers, that's not healthy.

Moo, yer majesty.

He's not a prophet. He's an evangelist. Can't ya tell ? He's gonna "synthesize" the gospels.

I think there might be pills for this.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
24-03-2012, 02:10 AM

(24-03-2012 12:30 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  eat, shit, and die?

Man, (...or whatever), you got a lot of room to talk.
24-03-2012, 02:19 AM
Could someone inform me why we are bothering with this idiot again? We should all ignore him as he has demonstrated time and time that he lacks even the most basic skills involved with logical thinking.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post
24-03-2012, 02:20 AM

There are those who do and those who mock those who do. There are those with talent and fairy dust (a publishing term, not a religious term), and there are those who just sit back and play video games invented by other people. I am one of those who do, who can, and I'm not going to sit back and take the easy atheist way out.

"Oh, we're nothing but meaningless dirt, so why try to do anything?"

"There is no God, so we don't have to be good or civil or well-mannered, we can just be jerks, because what difference does it make?"

"And all those tough questions that might lead to enlightenment if we were to work on them, forget it, there's no spirit, there's no eternal soul, nothing. Just rest you mind. Rest, rest, rest, just like you were already dead."

The narcissist, the sinner, the stupid, the lazy = those who will never be able to believe in God.