Has anyone been reading Egor's website?
Post Reply
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
25-03-2012, 03:29 PM
RE: Has anyone been reading Egor's website?
(25-03-2012 01:32 PM)Egor Wrote:  If I may ask, what is it that would keep you following it?
Nothing sir.
or, on second thought, if you post a picture of a big chocolate cake on every subsite I might have a second look Wink

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
25-03-2012, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2012 03:56 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Has anyone been reading Egor's website?
(25-03-2012 03:29 PM)Leela Wrote:  
(25-03-2012 01:32 PM)Egor Wrote:  If I may ask, what is it that would keep you following it?
Nothing sir.
or, on second thought, if you post a picture of a big chocolate cake on every subsite I might have a second look Wink
It's also gotta be sugar-free, flour-free and low glycemic index and Girly's a convert.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2012, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2012 03:53 PM by Dom.)
RE: Has anyone been reading Egor's website?
Did someone say chocolate?
Egor, it is actually a well put together site and as a webmaster, you are doing well.

Your philosophy is another story.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
25-03-2012, 04:01 PM
RE: Has anyone been reading Egor's website?
(25-03-2012 03:51 PM)Dom Wrote:  Did someone say chocolate?
Girly's a big fan of dark chocolate and has the labs to support its therapeutic value.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-03-2012, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2012 04:59 PM by craniumonempty.)
RE: Has anyone been reading Egor's website?
(23-03-2012 10:48 PM)Egor Wrote:  What am I supposed to do? Don't interpret dreams, even though everyone wants me to. Don't post online, because it draws too much attention. Don't synthesize the Gospels even though I look around and no one else is doing it. Don't write books, because that's just ideas above my station in life. Don't do anything. Be nothing. Don't use any talents, just let them wither?

I could care less if you think I'm mentally unhealthy. I'm going to do what I was designed by God to do.

There is some of the problem right there. "You" are doing this. That is not an insult, that's a compliment. You have a decent imagination that could help people here, now. You really do have talent, but it's human ingenuity and creativity that you have. You focus on something and hone those skill toward what works for you. That's actually a good thing. You really try to help people in your own way and use all of your ability. That's a good thing too. The problem is that you don't even recognize that ability for what it is. It's you. Not a deity in the sky that gave it to you. You are not the product of the myth, you are exulting it above you. It is a product of you. It's a product of humanity. If anything it's a testament to how well we can gather together to push anything and keep it relevant by any means necessary, but it's still a myth. It doesn't take away from you trying to do the best, but it takes away from what you could be doing instead. Helping people in the lives that they have here, now. The only reality that we truly know of. Here, now.

Quote:There are those who do and those who mock those who do. There are those with talent and fairy dust (a publishing term, not a religious term), and there are those who just sit back and play video games invented by other people. I am one of those who do, who can, and I'm not going to sit back and take the easy atheist way out.

I'm glad you brought up video games. Some people are really passionate over them. They spend much of their lives in it. The emotions and what they feel in them are real. The video game is real while they are playing it. They make it real. At the end of the day, they know it's just a game. Your religion is just a myth. Sometimes it helps people in ways that some games do. It makes them happy and gives them purpose even though they know it's simply a game. Some people get overly addicted to it and write and rewrite storylines. Some create offshoot games and new worlds and build it up. Even they still know it's a game. Should they stop simply because they know it's not real? If they are misleading people, yes. I hope you would agree that if a game makes people think that the game is real life and that real life becomes meaningless in the eyes of it, then something is wrong. There are people that end up doing that. They need help. At least with games most people agree that those people need help. It's a game and they should remember that.

Quote:"Oh, we're nothing but meaningless dirt, so why try to do anything?"

Are we meaningless dirt? "Dirt"? Sounds like a Bible reference. Do you think of yourself as that unless you have the myth to tell you otherwise? If you are a good, meaningful person, you are a good, meaningful person without God. Why would the myth.. the game change that?

Quote:"There is no God, so we don't have to be good or civil or well-mannered, we can just be jerks, because what difference does it make?"

Is that what it is? You have never seen anyone act uncivil or ill-mannered that believed in a god? Maybe say a firm believer that someone has been friends with for a while that discovers that you don't believe in god that yells at you on the street in front of everyone simply for that reason. Maybe an overly zealous religious person that threatens your life by quoting the death scenes from Duet every chance they get and were ex-military, huge, and intimidating and wore a white suit all the time, but everyone "loved" because he did the service. Maybe a priest who looks with disdain on you simply for answering his questions truthfully when you didn't even want to speak to him in the first place. Maybe a person who writes their own version of the bible and not only expects people that don't believe to believe in a deity, afterlife, and all the crap, that they are supposed to believe in their particular interpretation of one religions beliefs and then insults people especially when they are down and seeking help from a forum with like minded people because they are drowning in a sea of religious people that they can't talk to... Yeah, you aren't a jerk in the least, are you?

Quote:"And all those tough questions that might lead to enlightenment if we were to work on them, forget it, there's no spirit, there's no eternal soul, nothing. Just rest you mind. Rest, rest, rest, just like you were already dead."

Oh, you are just trying to lead us to enlightenment. That's a relief. I thought you were trying to make us believe in something that wasn't real like a god or something, because that would be just like believing in nothing. Granted it's real like a game is real. You can buy the book, you can travel to distant places in your head that don't exist, you can have a character that doesn't die, but in the end, it's still a game. It's not "really" nothing, but it's not life either. Yeah, it can help people, but so can games in their own way. The myth is actually a greater game. It's more intricate and realistic. It's something people really want to buy. The game never stops for some people. They need help. There isn't nothing out here, there is everything you are seeing and so much more.

Quote:The narcissist, the sinner, the stupid, the lazy = those who will never be able to believe in God.

Funny, I thought all Christians considered themselves sinners (I know you aren't a Christian, just sayin'). You can label as you want to label, but believe or not, the game is not real. You are still in the Matrix. Wake up, Neo. There is no pill we can give you. You have to do it yourself.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2012, 09:03 PM
 
RE: Has anyone been reading Egor's website?
(25-03-2012 04:54 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  There is some of the problem right there. "You" are doing this. That is not an insult, that's a compliment. You have a decent imagination that could help people here, now. You really do have talent, but it's human ingenuity and creativity that you have. You focus on something and hone those skill toward what works for you. That's actually a good thing. You really try to help people in your own way and use all of your ability. That's a good thing too. The problem is that you don't even recognize that ability for what it is. It's you. Not a deity in the sky that gave it to you.

What's the difference? If God created me and I become a philosopher, writer, and publisher, if I use all my creative powers to find the truth and argue it, how is that not God? What abilities did I ever give to myself? If God created me with abilities, then when I use those abilites in His service, then I'm doing what God designed me to do.


Quote:You are not the product of the myth, you are exulting it above you. It is a product of you. It's a product of humanity. If anything it's a testament to how well we can gather together to push anything and keep it relevant by any means necessary, but it's still a myth.
Really? It's just a myth? How do you know? How do you know there is no God? You sound awfully sure, so you must know something I don't.



Quote:It doesn't take away from you trying to do the best, but it takes away from what you could be doing instead. Helping people in the lives that they have here, now. The only reality that we truly know of. Here, now.
I'm sorry: if there's no God, why do I need to help people? Now you'll say that if I need to have a god to be good, then I must not be good on my own. And you're right; I'm not. Even with God watching me, I'm not very good. Now let's say it's true that you are, good. Have you ever thought God just made you good to keep you from hurting people? Have you ever thought that because you're an atheist, your free will has been limited?

Quote:I'm glad you brought up video games. Some people are really passionate over them. They spend much of their lives in it. The emotions and what they feel in them are real. The video game is real while they are playing it. They make it real. At the end of the day, they know it's just a game.

Yeah. Hobo I've met them.





Quote:Your religion is just a myth.

Really? Damn. What's my religion? You know it's a myth, so you should be able to describe it. Because to make a statement like that and not be able to defend it is pretty stupid. Are you stupid? Unsure





Quote:Sometimes it helps people in ways that some games do. It makes them happy and gives them purpose even though they know it's simply a game. Some people get overly addicted to it and write and rewrite storylines. Some create offshoot games and new worlds and build it up. Even they still know it's a game. Should they stop simply because they know it's not real? If they are misleading people, yes. I hope you would agree that if a game makes people think that the game is real life and that real life becomes meaningless in the eyes of it, then something is wrong. There are people that end up doing that. They need help. At least with games most people agree that those people need help. It's a game and they should remember that.
I think you're stretching the metaphor too much.




Quote:Are we meaningless dirt? "Dirt"? Sounds like a Bible reference. Do you think of yourself as that unless you have the myth to tell you otherwise? If you are a good, meaningful person, you are a good, meaningful person without God. Why would the myth.. the game change that?
You just won't be true to your own myth of atheism will you? You just won't admit its implications. Why? Because you want your cake and to eat it, too. You want all the things that God provides in the way of eternal life and existential meaning, but you don't want there to be a God who is watching you and requires something from you.



Quote:Is that what it is? You have never seen anyone act uncivil or ill-mannered that believed in a god? Maybe say a firm believer that someone has been friends with for a while that discovers that you don't believe in god that yells at you on the street in front of everyone simply for that reason. Maybe an overly zealous religious person that threatens your life by quoting the death scenes from Duet every chance they get and were ex-military, huge, and intimidating and wore a white suit all the time, but everyone "loved" because he did the service. Maybe a priest who looks with disdain on you simply for answering his questions truthfully when you didn't even want to speak to him in the first place. Maybe a person who writes their own version of the bible and not only expects people that don't believe to believe in a deity, afterlife, and all the crap, that they are supposed to believe in their particular interpretation of one religions beliefs and then insults people especially when they are down and seeking help from a forum with like minded people because they are drowning in a sea of religious people that they can't talk to... Yeah, you aren't a jerk in the least, are you?

So, you want religious people to respect your atheism. Are you out of your mind? Seriously: atheists are nothing but neg-head antisocial outcasts who spoil things like Christmas and Easter. There's no telling what they might do when someone isn't looking, and there's no telling why when 96% of the country believes in God, they refuse to? Atheists are troubling in society. Because if you simply don't believe, you could just shut up, but you won't. You want to tear down the very institutions that have provided the morality of men for the whole of human civilization. Yeah, people are going to look down on you, want to kick your ass, and desert you as friends. But, hey, you wan't to be an atheist and shove it in eveyone's face.
Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2012, 03:27 AM
RE: Has anyone been reading Egor's website?
Egor,

That quote from a CNN commentator on your newest article does nothing but show that he has totally misunderstood everything.

In a protest such as this no-one is protesting against God, they are protesting against organised religion and the effects it has on society. While we don't believe in God we recognise that religion exists, even though we think it's wrong.

Just thought I'd let you know (maybe you could add some sort of comments feature to each story on your site, that would be cool) Smile.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
26-03-2012, 05:53 AM
 
RE: Has anyone been reading Egor's website?
(26-03-2012 03:27 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Egor,

That quote from a CNN commentator on your newest article does nothing but show that he has totally misunderstood everything.

In a protest such as this no-one is protesting against God, they are protesting against organised religion and the effects it has on society. While we don't believe in God we recognise that religion exists, even though we think it's wrong.

Just thought I'd let you know (maybe you could add some sort of comments feature to each story on your site, that would be cool) Smile.


I agree. There has to be some way to put in a comments form for the stories. I'm going to look into it on my days off--which start in about half an hour.
Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2012, 06:03 AM
RE: Has anyone been reading Egor's website?
(25-03-2012 09:03 PM)Egor Wrote:  You want to tear down the very institutions that have provided the morality of men for the whole of human civilization.

Yeah. Cause they suck and got nothing to do with god. You got atheism all fucking wrong. There's always been atheists; most prevalently around the cusp of paradigm shift. Prophetic times, in other words. As you should know, prophet. Evil_monster

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2012, 08:19 AM
RE: Has anyone been reading Egor's website?
(24-03-2012 02:19 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  Could someone inform me why we are bothering with this idiot again? We should all ignore him as he has demonstrated time and time that he lacks even the most basic skills involved with logical thinking.
I agree. I've read a number of posts from people who are really genuinely trying to help this guy, but he's a loose cannon...not particularly bright, quite delusional and moderately paranoid. Trying to help him is almost certainly a waste of time. He's borderline psychopathic...I'm glad he's on the other side of the world because in real life his behaviour would be very unpredictable.

I must admit though...he is so bad he's entertaining. This sounds terrible...but I enjoy reading him getting stirred up...a bit like prodding a bull with an electric stick. Normally I don't like seeing people uncomfortable...but he deserves it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply
Forum Jump: