Has anyone been reading Egor's website?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2012, 11:53 AM
RE: Has anyone been reading Egor's website?
(25-03-2012 09:03 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(25-03-2012 04:54 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  There is some of the problem right there. "You" are doing this. That is not an insult, that's a compliment. You have a decent imagination that could help people here, now. You really do have talent, but it's human ingenuity and creativity that you have. You focus on something and hone those skill toward what works for you. That's actually a good thing. You really try to help people in your own way and use all of your ability. That's a good thing too. The problem is that you don't even recognize that ability for what it is. It's you. Not a deity in the sky that gave it to you.

What's the difference? If God created me and I become a philosopher, writer, and publisher, if I use all my creative powers to find the truth and argue it, how is that not God? What abilities did I ever give to myself? If God created me with abilities, then when I use those abilites in His service, then I'm doing what God designed me to do.

How did you find the truth? How do you define "truth"? How do you define "God"? What would happen if you found out that truth and God were separate? Which would you chose?

We as a species adapted abilities to survive and are using them in ways that push us even further. I didn't say you created your ability. You recognized the abilities that you have, so you are intelligent. Just as you hone your abilities, each species hones their own abilities to the best they can. If it produces a greater survival rate, then they go on producing more offspring. The ones that can't survive or don't meet societies expectation (sexual selection) may not go on to reproduce or have a lesser chance of their genes being carried on. This gives your progeny a greater chance of survival. With technology, many more have a chance for survival. This is a double edged sword with overpopulation, but it also gives us a huge number of people of which to have highly intelligent ones among them.

Quote:
Quote:You are not the product of the myth, you are exulting it above you. It is a product of you. It's a product of humanity. If anything it's a testament to how well we can gather together to push anything and keep it relevant by any means necessary, but it's still a myth.
Really? It's just a myth? How do you know? How do you know there is no God? You sound awfully sure, so you must know something I don't.

It's a myth as far as I know. That's how things work. I don't know more than I know, just as the people who write books don't know more then they know. We know what we know. Wow, that sounds like a cheesy song.

Did I say that I know there are no gods? What does myth mean to you? Where did your idea of a deity come from? Can you trace it back? From what I gather you got most of your stories from the Bible with a mix of your own ingenuity. Some people of faith would say you are working with the devil. I think you are very creative and just want the best for people. There are some stories that people take as real and you would call myth as well (maybe). Maybe simply mistaken. What would you say about a story of aliens that implanted us on this planet? Of a pantheon of gods instead of one?

I didn't say that deities don't exist, just that the stories are myths. I don't believe they exist, but they might still, just as aliens might have implanted us upon this planet. They both seem highly unlikely though. How would we go about providing evidence for them? Should we believe it first?

Quote:
Quote:It doesn't take away from you trying to do the best, but it takes away from what you could be doing instead. Helping people in the lives that they have here, now. The only reality that we truly know of. Here, now.
I'm sorry: if there's no God, why do I need to help people? Now you'll say that if I need to have a god to be good, then I must not be good on my own. And you're right; I'm not. Even with God watching me, I'm not very good. Now let's say it's true that you are, good. Have you ever thought God just made you good to keep you from hurting people? Have you ever thought that because you're an atheist, your free will has been limited?

You don't "need" to help people. It's beneficial to you and to your progeny for current survival and future survival. You don't need a god to be good, as far as I know you don't have one now, but you are (as far as I can tell). Does your god ever severely disagree with what you think it right? Not what you want, but what you think is right?

Is your free will limited because you don't believe in aliens or a pantheon? Would you believe in them if you had solid evidence for them? Why don't you believe in them now if you don't?

Quote:
Quote:Your religion is just a myth.

Really? Damn. What's my religion? You know it's a myth, so you should be able to describe it. Because to make a statement like that and not be able to defend it is pretty stupid. Are you stupid? Unsure

I'm basing it on you saying that your book (which is about your belief) is based on the Bible. Maybe it's not.

Am I stupid? While that is a rude and misleading question, I'll answer it. If you mean ignorant, then yes. If you mean relative as what you think, then you tell me. I, for one, don't believe you are stupid. I think you have decent abilities that you were born with. That's good. It's good you recognized them too. If we were still fighting for survival from caves, then you may not have gotten that chance to recognize them. It's good that people that came before us seemed to do some things correctly. Like learning how to interact with each other and teaching their progeny and others so that societies could be better in the future. Like studying our environment and how things interact and trying to make predictions of those so that they could use their environment better and make things better for us as well. It takes more than one person to build a society.

Quote:
Quote:Sometimes it helps people in ways that some games do. It makes them happy and gives them purpose even though they know it's simply a game. Some people get overly addicted to it and write and rewrite storylines. Some create offshoot games and new worlds and build it up. Even they still know it's a game. Should they stop simply because they know it's not real? If they are misleading people, yes. I hope you would agree that if a game makes people think that the game is real life and that real life becomes meaningless in the eyes of it, then something is wrong. There are people that end up doing that. They need help. At least with games most people agree that those people need help. It's a game and they should remember that.
I think you're stretching the metaphor too much.

Quote:Are we meaningless dirt? "Dirt"? Sounds like a Bible reference. Do you think of yourself as that unless you have the myth to tell you otherwise? If you are a good, meaningful person, you are a good, meaningful person without God. Why would the myth.. the game change that?
You just won't be true to your own myth of atheism will you? You just won't admit its implications. Why? Because you want your cake and to eat it, too. You want all the things that God provides in the way of eternal life and existential meaning, but you don't want there to be a God who is watching you and requires something from you.

Atheism has no stories to be called myth. What implications? There is no eternal life as far as I can tell and meaning is what we provided to things. The closest we will come to eternal life is passed down in our generations and maybe one day our technology. It's possible that our species will die out like some random stranger that nobody knew, but it's worth a shot to try to get beyond that as best as we can by making things better now and for our children.

So there is a god and it requires something. What? It requires what? And what happens if this requirement is not meant? Where did you hear of this by the way? Where did you get the idea of this deity and the "requirement" that is supposedly has?

Quote:
Quote:Is that what it is? You have never seen anyone act uncivil or ill-mannered that believed in a god? Maybe say a firm believer that someone has been friends with for a while that discovers that you don't believe in god that yells at you on the street in front of everyone simply for that reason. Maybe an overly zealous religious person that threatens your life by quoting the death scenes from Duet every chance they get and were ex-military, huge, and intimidating and wore a white suit all the time, but everyone "loved" because he did the service. Maybe a priest who looks with disdain on you simply for answering his questions truthfully when you didn't even want to speak to him in the first place. Maybe a person who writes their own version of the bible and not only expects people that don't believe to believe in a deity, afterlife, and all the crap, that they are supposed to believe in their particular interpretation of one religions beliefs and then insults people especially when they are down and seeking help from a forum with like minded people because they are drowning in a sea of religious people that they can't talk to... Yeah, you aren't a jerk in the least, are you?

So, you want religious people to respect your atheism. Are you out of your mind? Seriously: atheists are nothing but neg-head antisocial outcasts who spoil things like Christmas and Easter. There's no telling what they might do when someone isn't looking, and there's no telling why when 96% of the country believes in God, they refuse to? Atheists are troubling in society. Because if you simply don't believe, you could just shut up, but you won't. You want to tear down the very institutions that have provided the morality of men for the whole of human civilization. Yeah, people are going to look down on you, want to kick your ass, and desert you as friends. But, hey, you wan't to be an atheist and shove it in eveyone's face.

I would prefer that you respect human life. Wait, what? Easter/Christmas? Are you sure you aren't a Christian? You speak of Jesus and Christian holidays as though they are yours.

Where is the conclusive evidence of your deity? That would make things a lot easier for you. Humans built those institutions. I want to get rid of the parts that make it unbeneficial. We made the morality and have adapted it way beyond the books that some follow for morality. We already get our morality from each other. Otherwise, a lot of people would probably be doing some pretty horrible things. We are more moral than the games we built, but many don't see it, because they attribute their morality back into the game. The manual still hasn't changed though. That's why you are in some ways better then they are. You rewrote that manual. You are desperately trying to make things better, and that's a good thing.

I don't shove being an atheist in people's faces. Just like I'm sure you don't randomly walk up to someone and just start talking about God, because that would be shoving theism in people's faces. Yeah, there are those that do like the few that went over to the Christian forums, but even in real life, I don't talk about it unless someone drags it out of me. Then I start discussing unless they don't care. That's why I liked Brazil. Someone once was starting about their religion and ultimately asked me if I believed in God. I said no. They asked if I was an atheist. I said yes. They said, ok, and we kept on talking. They even stopped talking about religion. I was relieved I didn't have to discuss anything. I like discussions at times, but this was coming from the States into a country I still didn't know, so would rather not even have it brought up. I haven't discussed religion in real life in a while except when my wife was talking about joining a church here and I encouraged her. I've been to a few different ceremonies here like Umbanda (I said Ubuntu as a slip in one forum). After becoming atheist, I've been to a lot of different religions' ceremonies. Hindu, Buddhist, Jewish. I've been to a few Mosques, but never to an Islamic ceremony though. I would like to one day just to see it. I think religions are fascinating. In some ways, you remind me of Mohammed of the Koran. He rewrote the bible too. Granted he didn't have the benefit of what we have now and was machoistic (person of his time) and was illiterate, but he did it anyway. He was probably very intelligent and creative for his time as well. At one time, the Muslims were leading everyone in innovation as well.

Either way, I think of what you are doing as fascinating as well. Plus, intelligent and creative. That doesn't prevent you from being human though. In some ways, it's our own limits which make us better. If we thought we were better than everyone around us, then we would sure look like fools, would we not? Is it possible that people here get the impression that you think you are better than everyone here? Maybe that's why they are upset with you. Do you think you are better than everyone here? What about Christians who still follow the Bible? Surely they you don't see them as lessers. I'm unsure though. You would have to tell me.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:How did you find the truth? How do you define "truth"? How do you define "God"? What would happen if you found out that truth and God were separate? Which would you chose?

You find the truth by listening to the voice of God in your mind and by using the logic God created and made us able to comprehend.

God is the monistic entity of fundamental consciousness

Quote:We as a species adapted abilities to survive and are using them in ways that push us even further. I didn't say you created your ability. You recognized the abilities that you have, so you are intelligent. Just as you hone your abilities, each species hones their own abilities to the best they can. If it produces a greater survival rate, then they go on producing more offspring.

Oh, will you stop beating that drum: “They go on producing more offspring.”? And what part of evolution has us pushing further than survivability? Now you’re starting to imbue evolution with magical qualities.
Quote:The ones that can't survive or don't meet societies expectation (sexual selection) may not go on to reproduce or have a lesser chance of their genes being carried on. This gives your progeny a greater chance of survival. With technology, many more have a chance for survival. This is a double edged sword with overpopulation, but it also gives us a huge number of people of which to have highly intelligent ones among them.

All you’re doing is spelling “God” with some extra letters: Evolution. You are giving evolution will, purpose, and power.

Quote:Did I say that I know there are no gods?

Yes, you said it was a myth. Myths are not true. Or are you now saying there is a God? You do realize if you admit to the possibility of God, you have to admit to the existence of God, right? Logic dictates it. It’s why we still discuss the ontological argument for the existence of God. You are familiar with that argument and its modern derivatives are you not?

So, either nut-up or shut-up. Either you say there is a God or you deny it.

Quote: What does myth mean to you? Where did your idea of a deity come from? Can you trace it back? From what I gather you got most of your stories from the Bible with a mix of your own ingenuity. Some people of faith would say you are working with the devil.

You bet. I remember the first time God approached me in the spirit. I was nine and walking on my own on a Spring day across a field near the apartment complex where we lived in Escondido, California. And He never left.

Quote:I think you are very creative and just want the best for people.

Oooh, you’re right. I j-just want to help people. I-I know it’s not true what I said, but I really did have the best intentions…I-I-I.. (hangs his head and weeps; Craniumonempty pats him on the head, “There, there, I understand, dear son.”)
No wait, let me back up and rephrase:

Fuck you.

Quote:There are some stories that people take as real and you would call myth as well (maybe). Maybe simply mistaken. What would you say about a story of aliens that implanted us on this planet? Of a pantheon of gods instead of one?

I was going to pass on this, but what the heck…

If there are aliens, so what? That changes nothing about the existence of God. That’s like saying I created the flowers I planted.

If there is a pantheon of gods, then there is a God above them that created them. Logically, there would have to be. I’m talking about their God.

Quote:I didn't say that deities don't exist, just that the stories are myths.

Man that’s such a short sentence and yet still completely contradictory. You amaze me.

Quote:I don't believe they exist, but they might still, just as aliens might have implanted us upon this planet. They both seem highly unlikely though. How would we go about providing evidence for them? Should we believe it first?

Yep. Seeking God is the first step of spiritual growth. If there is a God, we have to believe first, and the more we believe the more proof we get. It is directly proportional. If it worked the other way, our spiritual growth would go the other way. If there is no God, then who gives a shit what we believe? It’s dust to dust.

Quote:Does your god ever severely disagree with what you think it right? Not what you want, but what you think is right?

Yes. That is why I believe God speaks to me. In the midst of praying that God would give a co-worker pancreatic cancer that would ruin them and their family and then roast them in hell afterward and let me come to watch once I die in my sleep at the age of 85, God has said right through all of that, “You, know you were kind of an asshole to them, too. You might have to say sorry without them ever saying it back. Remember when Jesus said to bless those who curse you? Do you believe in Jesus or not?”

I think that’s the time I told God to go fuck himself. But I apologized later. He has a lot of patience with me, thank God.

Quote:Is your free will limited because you don't believe in aliens or a pantheon? Would you believe in them if you had solid evidence for them? Why don't you believe in them now if you don't?

I don’t give a shit about aliens. I’m an apaalienist. As for pantheons, it’s irrelevant. They are not Gods. There can’t be more than one God. Look, you say you don’t believe in God and yet you don’t seem to understand the first thing about the concept of “God.”

Quote:I'm basing it on you saying that your book (which is about your belief) is based on the Bible. Maybe it's not.

So, when you call my religion a myth, you admit you really don’t know what you’re talking about, because you haven’t read The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, and you really don’t want to. That’s called belching out hot air.

Quote:Am I stupid? While that is a rude and misleading question, I'll answer it. If you mean ignorant, then yes. If you mean relative as what you think, then you tell me. I, for one, don't believe you are stupid. I think you have decent abilities that you were born with. That's good. It's good you recognized them too. If we were still fighting for survival from caves, then you may not have gotten that chance to recognize them. It's good that people that came before us seemed to do some things correctly. Like learning how to interact with each other and teaching their progeny and others so that societies could be better in the future. Like studying our environment and how things interact and trying to make predictions of those so that they could use their environment better and make things better for us as well. It takes more than one person to build a society.

I don’t think you’re stupid either. And your paragraph right there. I agree with it. So, why the fuck are you an atheist? Why are you wasting your time in that intellectual dead end?

Quote:Atheism has no stories to be called myth. What implications? There is no eternal life as far as I can tell […]

Seriously, how could you tell? Do you realize there is actually more evidence for life after death than not? NDEs, precognition, protozoan learning abilities, past life regression, the absurdity of our physical brains producing consciousness. Even dreams are evidence of life after death. I’m not going to go into all of these, but damn, why don’t you expand a little?

Oh it doesn’t matter. The current chapter of the current book I’m writing deals precisely with the type of people who cannot ever believe in God. You’re probably one of those types.

Quote:and meaning is what we provided to things.

Now I know exactly what type you are (The Emperor). Before the years out, you’ll be able to read about it.

Quote: The closest we will come to eternal life is passed down in our generations and maybe one day our technology. It's possible that our species will die out like some random stranger that nobody knew, but it's worth a shot to try to get beyond that as best as we can by making things better now and for our children.

Riddle me this: Why? Why is it worth a shot? What makes it worthwhile?

Quote:So there is a god and it requires something. What? It requires what? And what happens if this requirement is not meant? Where did you hear of this by the way? Where did you get the idea of this deity and the "requirement" that is supposedly has?

From Jesus Christ. And what God requires is that you become reborn into the spirit of Christ and then use that new spirit to accomplish the purpose he created you for using the talents he gave you.

Quote:I would prefer that you respect human life. Wait, what? Easter/Christmas? Are you sure you aren't a Christian? You speak of Jesus and Christian holidays as though they are yours.

I must admit. The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ does not have a birth narrative. But I still like nativity scenes. And I still like to reflect on the hope Jesus Christ provides during Christmas. Easter is Easter. Fuck the Christians.

I’m not a Christian. Christians will tell you; “He’s not a Christian.” But I am a follower of Christ. Do you know what’s interesting, is that there’s never been a religion like Veridicanism near as I can tell. I’ve never known any religion that follows fundamentalistically the teachings of Jesus Christ but is not Christian.

Quote:Where is the conclusive evidence of your deity?

Jesus answered saying, “If they ask you where you came from, say to them, ‘We have come from the Light, from the place where the Light came into being by Itself, established Itself, and appeared in our image.’

“If they ask you for proof of the Father in you, say to them, ‘It is motion and rest.’”

(VGJC 8:16-17)

I have no idea what Jesus was talking about, but one day I’m going to do a study of these two verses. I don’t have a lot of motivation to do so, because I already am certain God exists.

Quote:That would make things a lot easier for you. Humans built those institutions. I want to get rid of the parts that make it unbeneficial. We made the morality and have adapted it way beyond the books that some follow for morality. We already get our morality from each other. Otherwise, a lot of people would probably be doing some pretty horrible things.

Uh…a lot of people are doing some pretty horrible things. If atheism were true and our morality derived from our biological drives, the world would be a much better place.
However, the Creator likes to shake things up and see how they come out. He likes a good contest.

Quote:We are more moral than the games we built, but many don't see it, because they attribute their morality back into the game. The manual still hasn't changed though. That's why you are in some ways better then they are. You rewrote that manual. You are desperately trying to make things better, and that's a good thing.

You know what? I personally don’t want the world to change. Do you know what I really want, and this is the will of my Father in me: I want atheism to devour Christianity to the point where the only ones left talking about Jesus Christ are the Veridicans, and then I want to watch as Veridicanism devours atheism. That will be the second coming of Christ, and I don’t care what that means for humanity. I don’t care, because all I do is the will of God. And God has made me this way.
You just don’t get it. God can create humanity any day of the week. He does it with every newborn.

Quote:I don't shove being an atheist in people's faces. Just like I'm sure you don't randomly walk up to someone and just start talking about God, because that would be shoving theism in people's faces. Yeah, there are those that do like the few that went over to the Christian forums, but even in real life, I don't talk about it unless someone drags it out of me. Then I start discussing unless they don't care. That's why I liked Brazil. Someone once was starting about their religion and ultimately asked me if I believed in God. I said no. They asked if I was an atheist. I said yes. They said, ok, and we kept on talking. They even stopped talking about religion. I was relieved I didn't have to discuss anything. I like discussions at times, but this was coming from the States into a country I still didn't know, so would rather not even have it brought up. I haven't discussed religion in real life in a while except when my wife was talking about joining a church here and I encouraged her. I've been to a few different ceremonies here like Umbanda (I said Ubuntu as a slip in one forum). After becoming atheist, I've been to a lot of different religions' ceremonies. Hindu, Buddhist, Jewish. I've been to a few Mosques, but never to an Islamic ceremony though. I would like to one day just to see it. I think religions are fascinating. In some ways, you remind me of Mohammed of the Koran. He rewrote the bible too. Granted he didn't have the benefit of what we have now and was machoistic (person of his time) and was illiterate, but he did it anyway. He was probably very intelligent and creative for his time as well. At one time, the Muslims were leading everyone in innovation as well.

I’m not trying to get converts. I wouldn’t know what to do with them if they came. If Veridicanism ever becomes anything like a movement, it will happen after I am dead, maybe as a result of the books I write. I just want to keep what I got when I was nine, and when this life is over, I want to go on to the kingdom of heaven, then the kingdom of God, and then into the heart of God where I came from.

Humanity is going to end. You do know that don’t you? We are very close to the end. Personally, I think it will be a disease, a virus, probably something we modify like making bird flu airborne. But before that, you and I will end. I will go to heaven and you will go to hell. It has to be that way. You won’t just be destroyed like some Muslim. You have actually rejected Christ, so you will go to hell for the pleasure of God. And nothing I tell you will change it. Just me telling you this is probably sealing your fate even stronger, because you will hate God and Christ because you hate me.
Nevertheless, I have to tell you three things:

1. If you come to believe in God, it won’t be for anything I said, and you will be God’s favorite son, even as I am.

2. If you go to heaven, you won’t see me there. You’d have to create me in your heaven to ever see me.

3. You don’t have to be good. God never expected that from you.

Quote:Either way, I think of what you are doing as fascinating as well. Plus, intelligent and creative. That doesn't prevent you from being human though. In some ways, it's our own limits which make us better. If we thought we were better than everyone around us, then we would sure look like fools, would we not? Is it possible that people here get the impression that you think you are better than everyone here?

How could I be better than everyone else—you are. Isn’t that right? Admit it: You won’t have any other gods before you. There can’t be a God, because you’re not Him, right? You’re an atheist because you’re not going to bow down to anything—ever.

Quote:Maybe that's why they are upset with you. Do you think you are better than everyone here?

I’m probably worse. There is no way I can pay for the sins I have done. There is no way I can save myself. There is no way I can be innocent again. I am not a good person, and I am not a sufficient reason for my own existence.
I don’t think I’m better than anyone else. But you’ll have to ask God about that.

“And so I tell you, whoever has come to know the world has discovered a carcass, and whosoever discovers that carcass, of that person the world is not worthy.” (VGJC 9:16)

What about Christians who still follow the Bible? Surely they you don't see them as lessers. I'm unsure though. You would have to tell me.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is in the Holy Bible. I can’t judge a Christian as a person. Hypothetically, a true Christian would be saved the same as a Veridican. They would be wrong about a lot of things, as I am, but they would be saved for the Kingdom of Heaven. But, Craniumonempty, there are very few true Christians. There may not even be any alive today. To quote Tyler Durden, “Shoving feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.”
Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2012, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2012 01:25 AM by houseofcantor.)
(27-03-2012 12:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  God is the monistic entity of fundamental consciousness

1) Still more words than Love is Void. Tongue

2) If it is true what you say, then you ain't saying anything here. "Lack of belief" is fundamental to consciousness, elsewise we'd be all RAM and no hard drive. Go find some Christians to burn. Evil_monster
Tell you what I learned as a prophet, grasshopper. Look for more prophets; that or curl up and die. There ain't no absolute morality no matter how many words you write. What there is, is zero state; the +1 of my Gwynnies to the -1 of me. I ain't the second coming; I'm the first, the Lucifer identity. Let there be light, book says. Moralizing over others leads to what? Putting their lights out. That's starting from darkness.

Ethics the key. I don't hafta be Veridican, you don't hafta be Gwynnite; but together we can shine brighter. Either that or kill me before my Gwynnies. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
27-03-2012, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2012 05:30 PM by craniumonempty.)
(27-03-2012 12:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  
Quote:How did you find the truth? How do you define "truth"? How do you define "God"? What would happen if you found out that truth and God were separate? Which would you chose?
You find the truth by listening to the voice of God in your mind and by using the logic God created and made us able to comprehend.

God is the monistic entity of fundamental consciousness
So you listen to a voice in your own mind and determine with your own mind if it's God? So if that voice told you to kill someone, you wouldn't do it, because you would be able to tell it wasn't God? Or would you do it? Is it possible that the voices are you and you are determining your own morality? Maybe you won't think the same on this. I'm almost positive you won't, but I wonder of what your response will be anyway.

Quote:
Quote:We as a species adapted abilities to survive and are using them in ways that push us even further. I didn't say you created your ability. You recognized the abilities that you have, so you are intelligent. Just as you hone your abilities, each species hones their own abilities to the best they can. If it produces a greater survival rate, then they go on producing more offspring.
Oh, will you stop beating that drum: “They go on producing more offspring.”? And what part of evolution has us pushing further than survivability? Now you’re starting to imbue evolution with magical qualities.
Quote:The ones that can't survive or don't meet societies expectation (sexual selection) may not go on to reproduce or have a lesser chance of their genes being carried on. This gives your progeny a greater chance of survival. With technology, many more have a chance for survival. This is a double edged sword with overpopulation, but it also gives us a huge number of people of which to have highly intelligent ones among them.
All you’re doing is spelling “God” with some extra letters: Evolution. You are giving evolution will, purpose, and power.
Evolution doesn't have a purpose or goal. Things that can survive do. There is no will, purpose, or power to it. And not an intelligence unless you are talking about sexual selection. It's not something to be worshiped. It's not greater than anything. There are no magical qualities. It's more like a tool used to tell us what happened that is updated as more evidence comes in.

Quote:
Quote:Did I say that I know there are no gods?
Yes, you said it was a myth. Myths are not true. Or are you now saying there is a God? You do realize if you admit to the possibility of God, you have to admit to the existence of God, right? Logic dictates it. It’s why we still discuss the ontological argument for the existence of God. You are familiar with that argument and its modern derivatives are you not?
So, either nut-up or shut-up. Either you say there is a God or you deny it.
There used to be myths surrounding how lightning worked or how the Sun came up. The lightning and Sun are real. The stories are not. Not everything in a myth is necessarily non-existent. Often they reflect real events. Could be human emotion, social interaction, or any number of things. Calling stories of gods myth doesn't negate that there might be a deity.

The concept of God is an unfalsifiable claim. Some people say that it's also unprovable. If that's the case, then I probably will never believe. I don't have to deny that there are deities to say that I don't believe there are. I don't believe there are, and that doesn't mean there aren't or that I reject the possibility that there might be. Gods obviously exists as concepts in our minds, but that's not the part I don't believe.

Quote:
Quote: What does myth mean to you? Where did your idea of a deity come from? Can you trace it back? From what I gather you got most of your stories from the Bible with a mix of your own ingenuity. Some people of faith would say you are working with the devil.
You bet. I remember the first time God approached me in the spirit. I was nine and walking on my own on a Spring day across a field near the apartment complex where we lived in Escondido, California. And He never left.
You will probably get your wish, and the concept will remain real to you. Well, maybe it's not your wish.

Quote:
Oooh, you’re right. I j-just want to help people. I-I know it’s not true what I said, but I really did have the best intentions…I-I-I.. (hangs his head and weeps; Craniumonempty pats him on the head, “There, there, I understand, dear son.”)
Fuck you.
Aw, you like me. You really like me! Tongue We should start giving out Oscars.

Quote:
Quote:There are some stories that people take as real and you would call myth as well (maybe). Maybe simply mistaken. What would you say about a story of aliens that implanted us on this planet? Of a pantheon of gods instead of one?
I was going to pass on this, but what the heck…

If there are aliens, so what? That changes nothing about the existence of God. That’s like saying I created the flowers I planted.

If there is a pantheon of gods, then there is a God above them that created them. Logically, there would have to be. I’m talking about their God.
No, they always existed. They are gods. What does logic have to do with the realm of deities? Or so I've been told by many religious. Maybe you won't agree. Does logic lead to your god from empirical reality?

Quote:
Man that’s such a short sentence and yet still completely contradictory. You amaze me.
I hope that I explained this a little more. Let me know if it's still confusing.

Quote:
Quote:I don't believe they exist, but they might still, just as aliens might have implanted us upon this planet. They both seem highly unlikely though. How would we go about providing evidence for them? Should we believe it first?
Yep. Seeking God is the first step of spiritual growth. If there is a God, we have to believe first, and the more we believe the more proof we get. It is directly proportional. If it worked the other way, our spiritual growth would go the other way. If there is no God, then who gives a shit what we believe? It’s dust to dust.
Because people's beliefs determine our social structure and how people interact with each other. Just because we know we are going to die, doesn't mean we should live as though we are dead.

Quote:
Quote:Does your god ever severely disagree with what you think it right? Not what you want, but what you think is right?
Yes. That is why I believe God speaks to me. In the midst of praying that God would give a co-worker pancreatic cancer that would ruin them and their family and then roast them in hell afterward and let me come to watch once I die in my sleep at the age of 85, God has said right through all of that, “You, know you were kind of an asshole to them, too. You might have to say sorry without them ever saying it back. Remember when Jesus said to bless those who curse you? Do you believe in Jesus or not?”

I think that’s the time I told God to go fuck himself. But I apologized later. He has a lot of patience with me, thank God.
Whether you believe in a deity or not, at least you listen to your conscience.

Quote:
Quote:Is your free will limited because you don't believe in aliens or a pantheon? Would you believe in them if you had solid evidence for them? Why don't you believe in them now if you don't?
I don’t give a shit about aliens. I’m an apaalienist. As for pantheons, it’s irrelevant. They are not Gods. There can’t be more than one God. Look, you say you don’t believe in God and yet you don’t seem to understand the first thing about the concept of “God.”

I understand that you and most theists today believe that there is only one deity. Most religions started out as polytheistic and had a family structure related to how they saw the world. One deity creating or giving birth to another. However, what if we simply don't know how things work behind the scenes and there are a multitude of deities? How much does your god agree with the god of another person? In every way? Maybe you are talking to two separate entities. There doesn't seem to be a lot of people in your religion, so apparently the other gods never got the memo.

Quote:
Quote:I'm basing it on you saying that your book (which is about your belief) is based on the Bible. Maybe it's not.
So, when you call my religion a myth, you admit you really don’t know what you’re talking about, because you haven’t read The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, and you really don’t want to. That’s called belching out hot air.
No, I'm calling it myth, because that's what it appears to be to me. You seemed to say that it was based on the Bible in many ways. Did I get this wrong. Instead of pointing out the obvious, explain where you got the stories. Did you completely come up with them on your own kind of like people saying the Koran was that way, or did you base it on the Bible mixed with your insight to your god?

Quote:
Quote:Am I stupid? While that is a rude and misleading question, I'll answer it. If you mean ignorant, then yes. If you mean relative as what you think, then you tell me. I, for one, don't believe you are stupid. I think you have decent abilities that you were born with. That's good. It's good you recognized them too. If we were still fighting for survival from caves, then you may not have gotten that chance to recognize them. It's good that people that came before us seemed to do some things correctly. Like learning how to interact with each other and teaching their progeny and others so that societies could be better in the future. Like studying our environment and how things interact and trying to make predictions of those so that they could use their environment better and make things better for us as well. It takes more than one person to build a society.
I don’t think you’re stupid either. And your paragraph right there. I agree with it. So, why the fuck are you an atheist? Why are you wasting your time in that intellectual dead end?
I'm an atheist, because I don't believe in a god. As I once believed in God, I don't see how either side is an intellectual dead end. It is possible there is an infinite amount of information to fill our finite mind, so the real dead end seems to be death and/or something happening to the brain.

Quote:
Quote:Atheism has no stories to be called myth. What implications? There is no eternal life as far as I can tell […]
Seriously, how could you tell? Do you realize there is actually more evidence for life after death than not? NDEs, precognition, protozoan learning abilities, past life regression, the absurdity of our physical brains producing consciousness. Even dreams are evidence of life after death. I’m not going to go into all of these, but damn, why don’t you expand a little?

Oh it doesn’t matter. The current chapter of the current book I’m writing deals precisely with the type of people who cannot ever believe in God. You’re probably one of those types.
Dreams are evidence of life after death? They seem to reflect life and my imagination to me. Do you believe in reincarnation like my wife does? I find that belief interesting.

As far as not thinking our brain produces consciousness, how do you explain personality changes and other behavioral changes that happen when the brain is damaged? Do you rationalize that by saying something like demons possess those people? I would think... well, hope that you have a better explanation for that. You may not have an explanation, and that's fine too. Maybe you don't associate consciousness with personality or memories. How do you define consciousness, because as far as I'm aware, that there is still discussion over this.

Quote:
Quote:and meaning is what we provided to things.
Now I know exactly what type you are (The Emperor). Before the years out, you’ll be able to read about it.
"The Emperor" sounds deplorable. I hope you have a different definition than I have in my head for that.

Quote:
Quote: The closest we will come to eternal life is passed down in our generations and maybe one day our technology. It's possible that our species will die out like some random stranger that nobody knew, but it's worth a shot to try to get beyond that as best as we can by making things better now and for our children.
Riddle me this: Why? Why is it worth a shot? What makes it worthwhile?
Because we know of nothing else. This life is all we have and we don't precisely know what the future holds. All we can do is make things better for everyone else. We can't know if things will go well or not, but we can only try to make them better. The society is surely better now for the advances we have made, but there is so much more to do. It makes it worthwhile, because I think it is. Worth is subjective, but if we value certain things like our children's futures then we should work to make the future as best as we can, how we can. Like I said, we can't know what the future holds, so all we can do is look at our past and what information we have and make decisions appropriately.

Quote:
Quote:So there is a god and it requires something. What? It requires what? And what happens if this requirement is not meant? Where did you hear of this by the way? Where did you get the idea of this deity and the "requirement" that is supposedly has?
From Jesus Christ. And what God requires is that you become reborn into the spirit of Christ and then use that new spirit to accomplish the purpose he created you for using the talents he gave you.
If you believe in your deity, and you also said that I can't believe in it, then I guess I am.

Quote:
Quote:I would prefer that you respect human life. Wait, what? Easter/Christmas? Are you sure you aren't a Christian? You speak of Jesus and Christian holidays as though they are yours.
I must admit. The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ does not have a birth narrative. But I still like nativity scenes. And I still like to reflect on the hope Jesus Christ provides during Christmas. Easter is Easter. Fuck the Christians.

I’m not a Christian. Christians will tell you; “He’s not a Christian.” But I am a follower of Christ. Do you know what’s interesting, is that there’s never been a religion like Veridicanism near as I can tell. I’ve never known any religion that follows fundamentalistically the teachings of Jesus Christ but is not Christian.
Quote:Where is the conclusive evidence of your deity?
Jesus answered saying, “If they ask you where you came from, say to them, ‘We have come from the Light, from the place where the Light came into being by Itself, established Itself, and appeared in our image.’

“If they ask you for proof of the Father in you, say to them, ‘It is motion and rest.’”

I have no idea what Jesus was talking about, but one day I’m going to do a study of these two verses. I don’t have a lot of motivation to do so, because I already am certain God exists.
Sounds like some of the text you wrote reflects your learning of current science. Might be interesting to read it over to see some of that. Do you have a free version published somewhere online?

Quote:
Quote:That would make things a lot easier for you. Humans built those institutions. I want to get rid of the parts that make it unbeneficial. We made the morality and have adapted it way beyond the books that some follow for morality. We already get our morality from each other. Otherwise, a lot of people would probably be doing some pretty horrible things.
Uh…a lot of people are doing some pretty horrible things. If atheism were true and our morality derived from our biological drives, the world would be a much better place.
However, the Creator likes to shake things up and see how they come out. He likes a good contest.
If atheists were correct, then there are no gods. Says nothing about how we interact as humans. Our instincts are not so good and can lead us to some pretty horrific things on their own. We've come up with some decent methods of coping with irrational urges that come with being human.

Quote:
Quote:We are more moral than the games we built, but many don't see it, because they attribute their morality back into the game. The manual still hasn't changed though. That's why you are in some ways better then they are. You rewrote that manual. You are desperately trying to make things better, and that's a good thing.
You know what? I personally don’t want the world to change. Do you know what I really want, and this is the will of my Father in me: I want atheism to devour Christianity to the point where the only ones left talking about Jesus Christ are the Veridicans, and then I want to watch as Veridicanism devours atheism. That will be the second coming of Christ, and I don’t care what that means for humanity. I don’t care, because all I do is the will of God. And God has made me this way.
You just don’t get it. God can create humanity any day of the week. He does it with every newborn.
"I personally don’t want the world to change." "I want atheism to devour Christianity" "I want to watch as Veridicanism devours atheism"... maybe you don't see these as "world changing".

So you don't care about humanity. So would you really do something that you might consider wrong if the voice in your head said to? Would you simply assume it's not God? Even assuming it's not God would indicate to me that you are more moralistic than the voice you attribute to God, you simply only apply what you deem as good to what you call God. If this voice has never done so, what happens if it does? How would you rectify that? Granted, you are probably going to say that it was from abilities that God gave you, but it tells me that you are a moral person, but attributing it to a concept you have.

Quote:
Quote:I don't shove being an atheist in people's faces. Just like I'm sure you don't randomly walk up to someone and just start talking about God, because that would be shoving theism in people's faces. Yeah, there are those that do like the few that went over to the Christian forums, but even in real life, I don't talk about it unless someone drags it out of me. Then I start discussing unless they don't care. That's why I liked Brazil. Someone once was starting about their religion and ultimately asked me if I believed in God. I said no. They asked if I was an atheist. I said yes. They said, ok, and we kept on talking. They even stopped talking about religion. I was relieved I didn't have to discuss anything. I like discussions at times, but this was coming from the States into a country I still didn't know, so would rather not even have it brought up. I haven't discussed religion in real life in a while except when my wife was talking about joining a church here and I encouraged her. I've been to a few different ceremonies here like Umbanda (I said Ubuntu as a slip in one forum). After becoming atheist, I've been to a lot of different religions' ceremonies. Hindu, Buddhist, Jewish. I've been to a few Mosques, but never to an Islamic ceremony though. I would like to one day just to see it. I think religions are fascinating. In some ways, you remind me of Mohammed of the Koran. He rewrote the bible too. Granted he didn't have the benefit of what we have now and was machoistic (person of his time) and was illiterate, but he did it anyway. He was probably very intelligent and creative for his time as well. At one time, the Muslims were leading everyone in innovation as well.
I’m not trying to get converts. I wouldn’t know what to do with them if they came. If Veridicanism ever becomes anything like a movement, it will happen after I am dead, maybe as a result of the books I write. I just want to keep what I got when I was nine, and when this life is over, I want to go on to the kingdom of heaven, then the kingdom of God, and then into the heart of God where I came from.

Humanity is going to end. You do know that don’t you? We are very close to the end. Personally, I think it will be a disease, a virus, probably something we modify like making bird flu airborne. But before that, you and I will end. I will go to heaven and you will go to hell. It has to be that way. You won’t just be destroyed like some Muslim. You have actually rejected Christ, so you will go to hell for the pleasure of God. And nothing I tell you will change it. Just me telling you this is probably sealing your fate even stronger, because you will hate God and Christ because you hate me.
Nevertheless, I have to tell you three things:

1. If you come to believe in God, it won’t be for anything I said, and you will be God’s favorite son, even as I am.

2. If you go to heaven, you won’t see me there. You’d have to create me in your heaven to ever see me.

3. You don’t have to be good. God never expected that from you.

"you will go to hell for the pleasure of God" "You don’t have to be good" yeah, send people to hell for not believing and take pleasure in it. Then say that you don't have to be good. What exactly does this God tell you to do exactly?

Too bad you are going to hell according to Christians and Islam and probably many other religions, that or coming back as a lower life form according to some others. Do you take stock in that when others say it to you? You don't seem to believe them. How do you think I react to you saying it to me?

Quote:
Quote:Either way, I think of what you are doing as fascinating as well. Plus, intelligent and creative. That doesn't prevent you from being human though. In some ways, it's our own limits which make us better. If we thought we were better than everyone around us, then we would sure look like fools, would we not? Is it possible that people here get the impression that you think you are better than everyone here?
How could I be better than everyone else—you are. Isn’t that right? Admit it: You won’t have any other gods before you. There can’t be a God, because you’re not Him, right? You’re an atheist because you’re not going to bow down to anything—ever.
No, I'm no better than anyone. In fact, I'm rather average. My wife is a Christian (well, she claims that and some other things like Spiritist which is the Allan Kardec movement), and I would say in many aspects a better person, in others not. In the end, it's relative and subjective what is "better". Even with that, I don't think I'm better. I think we are born how we are and have to work toward what strengths we have and try to benefit society how we can.

Quote:
Quote:Maybe that's why they are upset with you. Do you think you are better than everyone here?
I’m probably worse. There is no way I can pay for the sins I have done. There is no way I can save myself. There is no way I can be innocent again. I am not a good person, and I am not a sufficient reason for my own existence.
I don’t think I’m better than anyone else. But you’ll have to ask God about that.

“And so I tell you, whoever has come to know the world has discovered a carcass, and whosoever discovers that carcass, of that person the world is not worthy.” (VGJC 9:16)

What about Christians who still follow the Bible? Surely they you don't see them as lessers. I'm unsure though. You would have to tell me.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is in the Holy Bible. I can’t judge a Christian as a person. Hypothetically, a true Christian would be saved the same as a Veridican. They would be wrong about a lot of things, as I am, but they would be saved for the Kingdom of Heaven. But, Craniumonempty, there are very few true Christians. There may not even be any alive today. To quote Tyler Durden, “Shoving feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.”

Well, at least you don't think you are better than anyone else, but you seem a little hard on yourself. Do you really attribute all of your accomplishments to your deity? I would say all of those great things you have done for people, were you. Yeah, you probably won't agree. That's fine. It just sounds sad in some ways that you can't see your own goodness and that the god that you raise up above you, is you. I can see that this might sound sad to you that I don't see it the other way either. I unfortunately never met atheists when I believed, so don't know how I would have reacted to them. I constantly met people of other beliefs and felt sorry for their souls, so probably would have felt the same toward atheists. It's hard to say exactly, since I get varied reactions from Christians now-a-days.

I think it's interesting that you equate your religion to "true Christian" as I heard that as a Christian and hear it about Christians as an atheist. It's interesting that everyone thinks their way is correct. I wonder if it's possible that everyone is incorrect, but we can't imagine just how incorrect we are just yet.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
27-03-2012, 04:47 PM
(27-03-2012 12:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  You find the truth by listening to the voice of God in your mind

And how do you know that it's the voice of God?

(27-03-2012 12:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  and by using the logic God created and made us able to comprehend.

Ignoring for now that you haven't proven that God created logic, what logical argument do you believe leads to the "truth" of God's existence?

(27-03-2012 12:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  God is the monistic entity of fundamental consciousness

You can assert this if you like, but until you prove that "consciousness" is something which can be reduced to a "fundamental" component, this is just word salad.

(27-03-2012 12:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  Oh, will you stop beating that drum: “They go on producing more offspring.”? And what part of evolution has us pushing further than survivability? Now you’re starting to imbue evolution with magical qualities.

Not at all. Evolution does pressure us to push farther than mere survivability. Mutation doesn't stop once you reach the point of survivability. Neither does natural selection. Assuming an entirely static environment, organisms within it will continue to grow and evolve simply to out-compete one another.

(27-03-2012 12:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  All you’re doing is spelling “God” with some extra letters: Evolution. You are giving evolution will, purpose, and power.

Power, yes. Will and purpose, no. You are strawmanning.

(27-03-2012 12:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  Yes, you said it was a myth. Myths are not true.

The Abrahamic God is a myth. He did not say that he knows that there are no gods. Just not that one.

(27-03-2012 12:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  You do realize if you admit to the possibility of God, you have to admit to the existence of God, right? Logic dictates it.

No, it doesn't.

(27-03-2012 12:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  It’s why we still discuss the ontological argument for the existence of God.

No. We continue to discuss the ontological argument for the existence of a god because there will always be people who lack any real understanding of logic, who desire any kind of solid proof for the existence of their deity, and who think it sounds impressive.

The ontological argument for the existence of a god falls apart as soon as it is scrutinized at all.

(27-03-2012 12:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  You are familiar with that argument and its modern derivatives are you not?

I am. It's bunk.

Fuck you.

As much as I usually try to avoid comments like this, you, Egor, are a dick, and I have absolutely no respect for you. This is a new record. No one else has done this in a single post before.

Man that's such a short sentence and yet so very very wrong. You amaze me.

(27-03-2012 12:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  Yep. Seeking God is the first step of spiritual growth. If there is a God, we have to believe first, and the more we believe the more proof we get.

Begging the question.

(27-03-2012 12:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  So, why the fuck are you an atheist? Why are you wasting your time in that intellectual dead end?

You may want to take a crash course in basic logic before you start calling atheism an intellectual dead end.

(27-03-2012 12:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  Seriously, how could you tell?

You can't. And so there is absolutely no reason to believe in it.

(27-03-2012 12:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  Do you realize there is actually more evidence for life after death than not?

Oh, so you can tell?

(27-03-2012 12:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  NDEs, precognition, protozoan learning abilities, past life regression

All entirely unproven. Many, in fact, have been disproven beyond all reasonable doubt.

(27-03-2012 12:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  the absurdity of our physical brains producing consciousness.

And what's absurd about that?

(27-03-2012 12:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  Even dreams are evidence of life after death.

No. They aren't. Try again.

(27-03-2012 12:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  Jesus answered saying, “If they ask you where you came from, say to them, ‘We have come from the Light, from the place where the Light came into being by Itself, established Itself, and appeared in our image.’

So you don't have any evidence, then.

(27-03-2012 12:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  Uh…a lot of people are doing some pretty horrible things. If atheism were true and our morality derived from our biological drives, the world would be a much better place.

No, it wouldn't. Because our morality does derive from (as in, originated from but is not equivalent to) our biological drives, and the world is exactly as it is.

(27-03-2012 12:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  Admit it: You won’t have any other gods before you. There can’t be a God, because you’re not Him, right? You’re an atheist because you’re not going to bow down to anything—ever.

Strawmanning again.

(27-03-2012 12:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  I’m probably worse. There is no way I can pay for the sins I have done. There is no way I can save myself. There is no way I can be innocent again. I am not a good person, and I am not a sufficient reason for my own existence.

For all that I do not respect you, Egor, I hope that you get past this some day. Because, for all that you may be a dick, this sounds like nothing more than a heavily abusive relationship between you and your religion, and I hope that you don't have to deal with such a low opinion of yourself forever.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
27-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Unbeliever,

You're back, where have you been all this time?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
27-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:You find the truth by listening to the voice of God in your mind and by using the logic God created and made us able to comprehend.

[Image: beck.jpg]

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
27-03-2012, 05:07 PM
(27-03-2012 05:04 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Unbeliever,

Bein' depressed as all hell. College is fun. 8D

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
27-03-2012, 05:11 PM
(27-03-2012 05:07 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(27-03-2012 05:04 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Unbeliever,

Bein' depressed as all hell. College is fun. 8D

Ikr? Not looking forward to the end of the semester - more testing.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
27-03-2012, 05:14 PM
(27-03-2012 05:11 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(27-03-2012 05:07 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Bein' depressed as all hell. College is fun. 8D

Ikr? Not looking forward to the end of the semester - more testing.

Yep. This is honestly probably going to be the last semester of college for me. I've reached the point where I'm simply out of gas, due to the aforementioned depression not being diagnosed until last month. I am in sore need of medication, which I'll be getting soon, but at this point I'm just done with the whole thing. It's not that I'm not intelligent enough to succeed, but that staying in it, due to a lot of other RL problems, has just been making my depression steadily worse, and it's ruining my health.